Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 7:37 PM
Default no saggy elders
Elder females don't wear bras..yech. I have some clothes that have some "support", but want more. But I also hate that ALL sims suddenly have back problems (shuffling along all bent over) - are their CLOTHES that correct that?
I would prefer CLOTHES rather than a mod, as I like to make SOME of them look bad. But if not, IS THERE A MOD that keeps elder bodies looking like adults?

SIGNED:
An elder person who wears a bra and walks well..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 7:46 PM
A lot of myBsims clothes (Sims 2 site free to register; mainly Spanish site but you can have Google Chrome translate) come coded for ya, adult, and elder so when the elder women wear them, they stand straighter like adults. You can also change coding of clothes in SimPE for adult clothing to make them wearable for female elders and they will stand up straighter. I don't have the code number available off-hand but HatplaysSims blog did a nice overview of what all the hexes can do in SimPE.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#3 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:11 PM
There's an elderly walking animation replacement, I have it, but can't find anywhere where I got it from to link you to. There are two mods in one folder, looks like they work together, and if I understand it right, one mod's creator is Bloom and an elder male walking animation replacement is by Telefen, I think, also can't find where I got it from.
With these mods my elders walk like adults, aren't slouching and don't drag their feet. Don't remember if it affects how their bodies look like though..
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:07 PM
No adult to elder by Jase. Basically, elders keep their adult bodies (and often their hair colour -- can't suss out why, it's been too long since I've had an adult grow old last) -- so it's quite a big change.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:46 PM
For clothes, you can enable any adult clothes for elders. Can be done with the Wardrobe Wrangler, or with SimPE (Change age to 58 for adult, YA and elder, or 18 for adult and elder only).

Just be aware that a mix between elder and adult tops and bottoms will not look good because of gaps, so you have to use either adult top & bottom, or elder top & bottom.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 10:15 PM
grammapat Be sure to get the one that goes with your Sims EP there is more than one file there. It come with a note TEXT so it would be a good idea to read what the person who made this mod said.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#7 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:29 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 1st Mar 2017 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
There's an elderly walking animation replacement, I have it, but can't find anywhere where I got it from to link you to. There are two mods in one folder, looks like they work together, and if I understand it right, one mod's creator is Bloom and an elder male walking animation replacement is by Telefen, I think, also can't find where I got it from.
With these mods my elders walk like adults, aren't slouching and don't drag their feet. Don't remember if it affects how their bodies look like though..

I too have Bloom's mod (yes, the two files work together) and don't seem to be able to locate the original place they were downloaded either. However, I can tell you that the mod completely gets rid of the slouchy and slow elder walk, but does not affect the body type. You either have to use the mod posted by Raindrop_D, or download custom clothing that uses more flattering body meshes.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 12:47 AM
I have a walk hack by Telefen and Bloom (originally posted here on MTS, but now goes to a 404 page). It's two files, "Bloom_AdultWalkToElderAnimation_Replacement.package" and "My elderly male walk anim repl.package" working in unison.

I don't mind the saggy elders - but I do mind it interfering with custom poses. Ironically enough, my custom poses were for a rollator...
Theorist
#9 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:01 AM
I don't know if this works for CC clothes, but I use http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=288078 to allow my elders to wear anything (EA) my YA/ Adults wear.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:12 AM
I use the wear any mod as well to make adult clothes available to elders.
The Telfen walk
elder slower bladder mod from somewhere.
Elder sleeps all night. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Sleeping.htm
Unbinned hair and eyebrows to gain normal coloured hair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:09 PM
I use the elder bladder decay mod from http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=95176.0. There are also bladder decay mods for pregnant sims, toddlers and babies listed on the page as well (for anyone that's interested). The link is for mods updated for Apartment Life.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 6:22 PM
joandsarah: I'm trying your link. THANK'S to everyone! And I didn't even know about sleeping problems and overactive bladder...except in RL.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 9:03 PM
Sorry for the necromancy, but it took me 5 minutes to find this thread and quite a lot of effort to find the walk animation, so maybe my answer would save someone some time Came across this wonderful place https://sims2packrat.tumblr.com/, from there a short walk to Animation by Teflen - can be found here https://simfileshare.net/folder/29098/. Enjoy!