Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 4:17 PM
That is hysterical

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I started playing .... a Social Worker turned up to take her to an orphanage! So although she should have been dead, she was at college and looked like an old lady, and the game was reading her as a child!

That's even more hilarious than the baby driver that came pick up a nanny after her shift in one of my previous, obvious corrupted, hoods.
I'm still deadset on finding the pictures I took from it. I wonder if they are on a previous extern harddrive I kept. It might be still in there, which I would feel is then wonderful.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 2:36 PM
Blue Alien, you should have tried to adopt a baby to see whether they would bring old, dead, infant, college drop out Jill to you.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 10:48 PM Last edited by PacMani : 12th Mar 2017 at 10:58 PM.
I have a neighborhood and lots of lots (pun intended) which I try to corrupt as much as possible on purpose (together with some SimPE fiddediddling), because (due to my weird mind) that is something I love to do the most in this game. Actually I'm quite disappointed I didn't get the game to crash and corrupt all over like mad yet (imho, for the things I did it acts incredibly stable), but I keep trying

Here's a small excerpt of those quite "nightmarish" things I did. It might not always be "corruption", but is always pretty close to "fucked up":
  • Declare babies as adults. Hilarious to see a talking baby body moving around (slightly floating in air due to short length) and doing all the... weird things you can do with a baby adult. Additionally kill and revive them as zombies (or set any mortality flags manually with the cheat object of your choice) to make them growl around all the time.
  • Declare humans as pets. Looks quite horrible as they have their body bent backwards behind them. Nice touch if applied to the Grim Reaper (note: this won't safe your dieing sims :P)
  • Declare pets as humans. Looks even worse. If you want to add on top of that, use stretchskeleton bigger than 1.0. Somehow, the tongue of such "pets" gets stretched out far as if someone pulled it out. Perfect for halloween! Causes a lot of object errors since humans tend to do animations impossible with animal skeletons (this partly also applies to baby bodies), so make sure to disable object error reporting to simply let them reset automatically.
  • "Lobotomize" sims - that is, you let one grow up, clone it with moveobjects on, which then returns the body to the previous life stage, but keeps the model of the last life stage. E.g., if you let a baby grow into an adult, then clone it and delete the original, you have an adult body lieing around like a baby and asking for milk... huehuehuehue
  • Apply lobotomization to social workers or maids, and see how they drop out of their cars and just keep lieing there. Optional: Set them on fire and see nobody doing something against it.
  • Use "Face Lift" options over and over to create totally shizzled up faces (the one extreme is faces hanging down to the bottom of the floor and the other extreme being faces crushed up to vertex trash). Note that the surgery station career reward does not work as expected at the third time, so use Insiminator cheat objects or whatever tickles your fancy.
  • Electrocution of Mrs. Crumplebottom makes her pop out of her grave and just fall over with electrocution animation all over and over and over and over... (that's how to deal with that lady!)
  • Using invisible clothing and stretchskeleton 0 on a sim to have a running head Sim!
  • Turning object NPCs (like remote control car or the penguin) into plant sims or zombies. Mostly results in faceless females with a black maid-like haircut, not much more. Same goes to making the Grim Reaper pregnant (never got him to give birth, the game is so strict about him, bleh).
  • Oh and then - call me weird but to me (as a software developer?) it's just a game and some data creating absurd and dark humor - using the OMGWTFBBQ in combination of the cheat tombstone (forgot which one it was exactly) to create and roast babies all over, sticking the roasted bodies (or whats left of them) into mailboxes, trashcans and microwaves, feed them to the dogs or just let them rot in the corner of a counter.

In the end, what really got corrupted was a make over of the Grim Reaper who suddenly got a mohawk anywhere he appears (or became pregnant), but I could easily fix that back (if I wanted to). Another possibly unrelated thing is that with Maxis Debug Mode (Shift N), CAS crashes the game when scrolling through the male haircuts, but that might also be custom content. Other than that, I don't watch details like messed up memories or something, so to me, my game still works "just fine" - and I've spent many hours of playtime and fiddling time to set impossible or downright stupid flags in SimPE and watching what happens.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 3:01 PM
Actually, changing names should not cause corruption in a game. Mostly because the game data is stored in the actual character instance number, and the name doesn't affect that.
But I almost always change names via SimPE, anyway.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PacMani
I have a neighborhood and lots of lots (pun intended) which I try to corrupt as much as possible on purpose (together with some SimPE fiddediddling), because (due to my weird mind) that is something I love to do the most in this game. Actually I'm quite disappointed I didn't get the game to crash and corrupt all over like mad yet (imho, for the things I did it acts incredibly stable), but I keep trying

Here's a small excerpt of those quite "nightmarish" things I did. It might not always be "corruption", but is always pretty close to "fucked up":
  • Declare babies as adults. Hilarious to see a talking baby body moving around (slightly floating in air due to short length) and doing all the... weird things you can do with a baby adult. Additionally kill and revive them as zombies (or set any mortality flags manually with the cheat object of your choice) to make them growl around all the time.
  • Declare humans as pets. Looks quite horrible as they have their body bent backwards behind them. Nice touch if applied to the Grim Reaper (note: this won't safe your dieing sims :P)
  • Declare pets as humans. Looks even worse. If you want to add on top of that, use stretchskeleton bigger than 1.0. Somehow, the tongue of such "pets" gets stretched out far as if someone pulled it out. Perfect for halloween! Causes a lot of object errors since humans tend to do animations impossible with animal skeletons (this partly also applies to baby bodies), so make sure to disable object error reporting to simply let them reset automatically.
  • "Lobotomize" sims - that is, you let one grow up, clone it with moveobjects on, which then returns the body to the previous life stage, but keeps the model of the last life stage. E.g., if you let a baby grow into an adult, then clone it and delete the original, you have an adult body lieing around like a baby and asking for milk... huehuehuehue
  • Apply lobotomization to social workers or maids, and see how they drop out of their cars and just keep lieing there. Optional: Set them on fire and see nobody doing something against it.
  • Use "Face Lift" options over and over to create totally shizzled up faces (the one extreme is faces hanging down to the bottom of the floor and the other extreme being faces crushed up to vertex trash). Note that the surgery station career reward does not work as expected at the third time, so use Insiminator cheat objects or whatever tickles your fancy.
  • Electrocution of Mrs. Crumplebottom makes her pop out of her grave and just fall over with electrocution animation all over and over and over and over... (that's how to deal with that lady!)
  • Using invisible clothing and stretchskeleton 0 on a sim to have a running head Sim!
  • Turning object NPCs (like remote control car or the penguin) into plant sims or zombies. Mostly results in faceless females with a black maid-like haircut, not much more. Same goes to making the Grim Reaper pregnant (never got him to give birth, the game is so strict about him, bleh).
  • Oh and then - call me weird but to me (as a software developer?) it's just a game and some data creating absurd and dark humor - using the OMGWTFBBQ in combination of the cheat tombstone (forgot which one it was exactly) to create and roast babies all over, sticking the roasted bodies (or whats left of them) into mailboxes, trashcans and microwaves, feed them to the dogs or just let them rot in the corner of a counter.

In the end, what really got corrupted was a make over of the Grim Reaper who suddenly got a mohawk anywhere he appears (or became pregnant), but I could easily fix that back (if I wanted to). Another possibly unrelated thing is that with Maxis Debug Mode (Shift N), CAS crashes the game when scrolling through the male haircuts, but that might also be custom content. Other than that, I don't watch details like messed up memories or something, so to me, my game still works "just fine" - and I've spent many hours of playtime and fiddling time to set impossible or downright stupid flags in SimPE and watching what happens.

Sounds very interesting!
Scholar
#32 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
At one point, the only Sim I had at university was Jill Smith. This was weird, because in my game Jill had recently died of extreme old age. So I opened the house she was in, and found her looking like an old lady but walking around with bent knees. She was hungry, so I tried to get her to get some lunch, but she couldn't seem to interact with the fridge. Finally, after a few hours of Sim time, when poor Jill was desperately hungry, a Social Worker turned up to take her to an orphanage! So although she should have been dead, she was at college and looked like an old lady, and the game was reading her as a child!

I've heard of people asked for ID when they were old enough for something, but that is ridiculous!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:29 PM
Although nothing happened, I had a close call. Last night my province got hit with a nor'easter, and the lights began flickering. I decided I didn't want to risk it and saved the Sims 2 and closed it. Only a minute or two after I exited the game, the power went out. I'm glad I didn't wait to save.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 10:53 PM
You need a battery backup.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#35 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:36 PM
Before I knew about VBTs, I once attempted to make the Grim Reaper go to university. I had it all planned out - he was going to join the fraternity with the cool kids because he wouldn't mind the basic facilities, he would major in Biology so he could do his job better, he'd marry the junior who was the newest member of the Shifting Paradymes and had already killed two people in the dorm she'd lived in previously...

...the dreams lasted about 50 seconds, before the game crashed and refused to re-run until I'd reinstalled anything. That was one VBT I learned never to re-do!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Although nothing happened, I had a close call. Last night my province got hit with a nor'easter, and the lights began flickering. I decided I didn't want to risk it and saved the Sims 2 and closed it. Only a minute or two after I exited the game, the power went out. I'm glad I didn't wait to save.

Same thing happened in MY province....maybe we are neighbors.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 12:32 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 16th Mar 2017 at 1:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Same thing happened in MY province....maybe we are neighbors.

Well I'm in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and that's about as much as I'd like to reveal. And @joandsarah77, yeah I do need a battery backup, but money's been tight for the last few months. Hopefully soon....

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#38 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 2:17 AM
Oh, you don't have to reveal anything. I just thought it was funny. You used the word province, and there was a big storm here too yesterday. We are both canadian, cool.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:49 PM
(this was in about 2012 or something on my dads computer lol)i was playing in strangetown and Bella left ajay loner at the altar i couldn't repair their relationship so i moved Bella to pleasantview where she married Alexander a while later entire households disappeared...

and i had a town consisting of 1 family so inbred(so much people it could count as a city) they weren't even related...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#40 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:59 PM
whats A VBT?

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#41 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:01 PM
Never had one (corruption). Surprisingly enough.
Scholar
#42 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Never had one (corruption). Surprisingly enough.

Just one word HOW?

i think i caused corruption because i was young and i thought that adding the grim reaper to the monty house to be a father figure to a womans 20 kids would be nice hed disappear but i got his suit so yay!

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#43 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Just right-click on it, choose Properties and click the 'read only' box.

Damn, Gramma can't even FIND her package...where DID I put that..checks fridge..nope..linen closet..umm

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#44 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
whats A VBT?

Anything that causes the BFBVFS. XD
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#45 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:03 AM
Very bad thing

Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
whats A VBT?
Inventor
#46 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:05 AM
I hate myself now. When I saw VBT, I thought of something very dirty. Help me. -.-

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Scholar
#47 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:20 AM
oh so a few of my hoods are vbts lol

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#48 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:17 AM
Something very dirty.

Theorist
#49 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:35 AM
@Emerald1234 .. you might want to just edit your post instead of double posting.

If you're wanting to quote someone in an edit you might right clickin on reply to open in a new tab/ window then you can copy and paste into the post your editing.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:45 PM
The worst case of corruption I ever had was an already corrupted old hood that I did not clean with the hoodchecker, and I didn't realize it was that corrupt until I saw that I had two sets of everyone. Both in the main hood and the subhood.
I don't know how it happened, but believe me, that hood was gone the next minute. There was absolutely no way to save it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 2 of 3