Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:41 PM
Default Cafe not working as intended. Thoughts?
Hey everyone!

I'm having a little bit of trouble today with the cafe in my city. It's not working as I imagined it would. I wanted sims to come to the lot and order coffee and then sit down with friends. Instead they stand and chat without ordering coffee, cluttering the doorway so sims are stuck inside. Is there any way I can get them to order coffee, or at least sit down at the tables to chat? I should mention this is an unowned business lot.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:47 PM
Unless you have a "no what's this?" hack, when Sims arrive they often wander over to the last placed item on a lot. So perhaps go in and plop down a cheap statue near the coffee stand and see if that helps.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:02 AM
This is also a situation where a screenshot of the layout of this lot might be illuminating...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:05 AM
I"d suggest putting in Exnem's dessert cart in the cafe-but Zara is right-we don't know how it's laid out to let you know how to fix the problem.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 1:28 AM
I agree with FranH. Sims love the dessert cart. I have an owned coffee shop and no one would buy the coffee. For awhile I used the simblender and made all customers selectable and had them buy coffee. Then I downloaded the little treasure of Exnem's dessert cart. I placed 2 of these (one upstairs and one downstairs). Now I don't have to use the simblender. They go straight to the dessert cart. Now only the owner buys coffee and that is only when he rolls a want to buy someone coffee.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 1:36 AM
Yeah, I was thinking I'm pretty sure I've never seen a sim autonomously buy coffee.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:03 AM
I use the dessert cart, best way to get sims to sit and chat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:29 AM Last edited by gazania : 28th Mar 2017 at 4:41 PM.
I had to get rid of mine. In all fairness, though the main purpose of mine is a lunch cafe. My Sims were too busy stuffing their faces to buy anything! I do whip a cart out for meeting-type events there, though, if making a profit per plate is not the first option. In that case, those Sims better pay up in advance (ticket machine)!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:54 AM
Yes, I use the ticket machine with it. Mine do buy coffee-sometimes, but it's owned. I always thought on unowned lots that sims would flock for coffee.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I had to get rid of mine. In all fairness, though the main purpose of mine is a lunch cafe. My Sims were too busy stuffing their faces to buy anything! I do whip a cart out for meeting-type events there, though, if making a profit per plate is not the first option. In that case, those Sims better pay me in advance (ticket machine)!

The cart charges them though, so you can make a profit off the cart.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:10 AM
Ok, well first, you might need this one :
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=379432
At least, once they have a drink, they will find a place to sit.
And what are you using to sell coffee? This is by curiosity more than anything, I never made a coffee shop...so besides the cart people are talking about, you use a coffee maker? a bar...?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:59 AM
They are not selling it, it's unowned. You use the espresso bar that came with I think Uni. You order coffee a sim makes it for you.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The cart charges them though, so you can make a profit off the cart.

I think it is something like 15 simoleans per plate.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:44 AM
It seems to be another one side effect of Visitor Controller that sims don't buy coffee anymore. They prefer to leave a lot and return after some seconds. I remember in unmodded game sims standing in row for coffee. I'd recommend try add dartboard somewhere. They will have fun object to go and when they are tired standing will use your chairs. I hope they are comfy.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 9:08 AM
In my cafe, (owned), I have a bandatron, the dessert cart, and easel for the owner to paint with, and a pin ball machine. While she paints her things, (and then places them up for sale) the pixels will check into the place with a ticket, play the pinball machine, and stuff their faces. It's a huge hit, to the point where everyone is getting out right fat, and nobody ever wants to leave.
They buy the paintings as soon as she gets them done, and they thoroughly enjoy themselves. However, I have to shoo them off the lot because there's such a waiting list for people to come visit.
The cafe does have chairs and tables to sit at-and yes, I do use a mood flamingo to keep everyone happy. I don't need the owner passing out from exhaustion, because this little place will do it. She has to keep it clean from the plates all those fat pixels will generate.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 11:14 AM
I don't have the visitor controller in my game, and still no sims are buying coffee unless I'm directing them to do so. They'll drink it if it's available on residential lots, but apparently they just don't want it on com lots??
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:47 PM
This is the espresso bar with the barista?

~Call me Jo~
#18 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:57 PM
Something somewhere broke it eons ago. Few weeks ago i was on the downtown park lot that had it with a clean downloads folder (no mods) and no one would use it. However if i'm remembering right when i had only up to nightlife installed I did have alot of people in line waiting for coffee.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:50 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll try to use the dessert cart because I'm tired of fiddling around with the espresso maker.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 4:05 PM
I wonder if the barista/coffee bar thing works like the vending machines..have you noticed? On unowned community lot, sims will only browse..get hungry, and leave.
On owned community lots though, they won't browse, they will buy.
I noticed this a few days ago only. I have an owned cemetery with vending machines, and a community pool with them too. They browse at the pool..but buy at the cemetery.
Now I want coffee shop toO...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#21 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 4:58 PM
I do have the espresso bar with the barista on one of my downtown lots, and townies buy coffee. It’s not very often, but it does happen. It’s not unlikely I have a mod that affects it, I have so many mods that I’m not sure what I do have and what I don’t anymore
What is the dessert cart and where can I get it? I’ve always wanted my sims to have something sweet in cafes, instead of mac and cheese from the cafeteria worker.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They are not selling it, it's unowned. You use the espresso bar that came with I think Uni. You order coffee a sim makes it for you.

And AL. If you don't either one of them, you'll still get that object.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
What is the dessert cart and where can I get it?

You can get it here: https://tehsims.com/sims-2-download...-cart-by-exnem/
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:34 PM
how to post downloads??? i have search all day ;((
Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:41 PM
Weird, I have Visitor controller, and sims do buy and drink coffee in my game. I normally put coffee stands on lots with other things to do, though, so it's not only a coffee shop. (Like a coffee stand next to a grocery store or at the park, etc) Even if it is a coffee shop, there will be something else there. Some artwork, a bookcase, chess boards or other board games, for example.

Rexy - click "Create" above and go to "upload items". Make sure you read the Creator Guidelines for your chosen download type!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 1 of 2