Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
There is. Have a Sim buy a commercial lot, put an Open For Business clothes rack and a till in it and set the price to something your poorer Sims can justify paying. Make sure there is an employee assigned to using the till, then let your poorer Sims shop there for clothes.

Or if you want like a City Mission type thing you could just put Pescado's clothing tool in there and let poor sims pick clothing from that and pretend that it's been donated.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:41 AM
I wish I wasn't so lazy when it comes to that. I never bother. I choose their outfit upon aging up and they just stay in that usually until they age up again, repeating the cycle.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#53 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
There is. Have a Sim buy a commercial lot, put an Open For Business clothes rack and a till in it and set the price to something your poorer Sims can justify paying. Make sure there is an employee assigned to using the till, then let your poorer Sims shop there for clothes.
I tried that in Scott Moore's shop in Poet Place (a residential cul-de-sac in Eastside Veronaville). It's mainly a local grocer's shop but he put in a clothes rail and set the price to cheap. But that worked out at §203 per item. (It might be §205 -- I can't remember exactly without opening the shop.) Normal un-owned shops charge a variety of prices ranging n from §50 for underwear items to §400 for formal outfits. Everyday items are §200. So Scott's cheap rail was dearer than the ordinary shops for everything except Formal. . . .So it's a good place to buy your wedding dress, but not to buy your undies! Romeo and Mercutio bought some stuff there, but for most of my Sims it's just too dear. Scott could set the price to ridiculously cheap, but that wouldn't even cover his wholesale costs. Scott can't afford that, especially not since he owes about §20,000 to Consort Capp. This was all a disappointment to me, as I wanted my Sims to support their local shopkeeper, but few can afford that at these prices. §203 for a pair of underpants that you can buy at Stratford Strip for §50!

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Or if you want like a City Mission type thing you could just put Pescado's clothing tool in there and let poor sims pick clothing from that and pretend that it's been donated.
I might do that, but getting clothes free, feels a bit like cheating to me, and maybe a bit too much like receiving charity to some of my poor but proud Sims (e.g. Ginger Newson). (No pun on you user name intended!!) I might find a way to let her make a small donation though.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:40 PM
Actually the Clothing Tool is even more harsh because it charges sims 150% of normal clothing costs! I assume this is a postage charge... It's only free when you use it to replace a sim's clothing, which deletes the old clothing from their wardrobe. Christianlov's Gussy Up allows "buying" of clothes for free.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:54 PM
I really like replacing clothes with Clothing Tool, it’s extremely useful especially for townie makeovers (so I don’t need to buy a ton of clothes, add the townie I want to edit to family so they will share the wardrobe, and then making them townies again), and for changing clothes when a sim ages up, especially given that for me it’s the only time when they do that. I used to buy clothes when my sims were going to have a child, but now I’m glad I have the Clothing Tool. I could buy clothes at home with Insimenator (§94 for all categories), but it was nowhere as convenient as the Clothing Tool is. And it recognises separates for other categories than everyday, while buying I’d have to buy them as everyday, which I didn’t like because I didn’t remember all the tops and bottoms that were set as outerwear for example.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Field Researcher
#56 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:32 PM
I always try to make the Sims very different, that means that their clothes and make-up and hair define them, so I rarely change their clothes, and when I do that, is for story purposes, for example the change of seasons, the sims get more money or something like that. However, the look or style of clothes is the same, because that defines the personality of my Sims and help me to identify them on the Community lots.
Scholar
#57 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I tried that in Scott Moore's shop in Poet Place (a residential cul-de-sac in Eastside Veronaville). It's mainly a local grocer's shop but he put in a clothes rail and set the price to cheap. But that worked out at §203 per item. (It might be §205 -- I can't remember exactly without opening the shop.) Normal un-owned shops charge a variety of prices ranging n from §50 for underwear items to §400 for formal outfits. Everyday items are §200. So Scott's cheap rail was dearer than the ordinary shops for everything except Formal...

I hadn't realised that, sorry! I sense a gap in the modding market...
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:27 PM
There goes my shop for poor Sims idea. However, I might still open a boutique clothes shop for rich Sims and charge the earth for them. Haha.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:11 PM
I'm far different, I usually don't change clothes on toddlers and children because those stages are so short (twins of the same gender I'll usually change to the same thing or something similar though). Teens, adults and elders will usually get a trip to the clothing store regardless of financial status, even if that involves "helping them out".

Also, sometimes I'll give them something we'd consider awful just to make the game more fun for me, since Sims don't have some of the same concepts of real life.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#60 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
That you never do laundry. Which is actually true of TS2 sims, so...

Speaking of laundry, I always found it kind of hilarious that a TS3 sim who had recently done laundry could nearly fill their hygiene bar by simply spinning into a new outfit.

@Rosawyn My Sims not only change clothes often, they do laundry too, there will be NO Green smell laying around, in my Sims household. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=560452

@chisanaAoi I guess wearing the same shirt is ok as long as you wash it often. Lmao

My Sims do there laundry here click on Picture for better view. Some of my Sims have a washer and dryer at home ( those who can afford it )
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#61 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:06 AM
Ah, I didn't realise that the clothing tool did charge if you didn't use the 'pick new clothes' option. I've been using it to test stuff I've made.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Actually the Clothing Tool is even more harsh because it charges sims 150% of normal clothing costs! I assume this is a postage charge... It's only free when you use it to replace a sim's clothing, which deletes the old clothing from their wardrobe. Christianlov's Gussy Up allows "buying" of clothes for free.
I've already got Christianlov's Gussy Up; I mainly use it for giving new clothes to townies. But I could use it on a "cheap" clothes shop lot to let poorer Sims get clothes much cheaper. They could use the clothes racks to try the clothes on, but they'd then "buy" them using Gussy Up. I could put a vending machine on the lot, and they could buy something they really didn't need from that, so they had in effect paid something for their clothes. There might be better alternatives to the vending machine (like a charity collecting box?) but some means of Sims paying something is needed to stop Ginger thinking that she's accepting charity.

ieta_cassiopeia, yes it would be good if some modder could come up with a way to run an owned cheap clothes shop and still make a profit from it; I'm sure Primark made a profit from the shorts they sold me for £4! To some extent it might be possible for a successful Sims business owner to sell clothes really cheaply, but still at a profit, (by setting a custom price) if they use their business perks to get a really big wholesale discount, but none of mine are as talented as that yet.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:35 AM
Gussy up by Christianlov. One of the best mods ever. My sims "shop" at Gussy up every week. They have plenty of clothes. You can't beat free. And Gussy Up also has a free hair salon, and even free plastic surgery for the more homely among us (you know who you are). The only bad thing about Gussy Up is their headquarters is on a tropical island so they don't make or sell outerwear.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#64 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:28 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 30th Mar 2017 at 2:03 PM.
This is why you also need, the wardrobe of wonders...
Outerwear included...for the same hard to beat, price.
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ward/id/859798/

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#65 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 1:20 PM
I love Closest Gussy up, even more so that it takes up no space since it's a global menu mod. Even lets you grab passing by townies and make them over right there on the footpath.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#66 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 1:53 PM
I'm pretty particular about things, so my sims get a change of clothing daily, and the clothing is always season appropriate too. Even their pajamas have to be season appropriate - who wants to wear fleece in the middle of summer and satin in dead of winter. My sims also get a clothing change and/or makeover for special events (e.g. first dates, bridal shower, baby shower).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#67 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:04 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 31st Mar 2017 at 2:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
I'm pretty particular about things, so my sims get a change of clothing daily, and the clothing is always season appropriate too. Even their pajamas have to be season appropriate - who wants to wear fleece in the middle of summer and satin in dead of winter. My sims also get a clothing change and/or makeover for special events (e.g. first dates, bridal shower, baby shower).

You just gave me a good idea! ahah!
Thank you.

Instructor
#68 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:01 PM Last edited by goderguy : 30th Mar 2017 at 5:23 PM.
It looks like the discussion has morphed into something not wholly related to the original post, but I will answer the original question. Each of my Sims get a fall/winter everyday outfit, and a spring/summer everyday. Same for PJs. Women usually get two formals. All Sims usually get only one outfit of undies, swimwear, athletic wear, and outerwear. It seems that my Sims do not change into outerwear in any season but winter, so I don't bother having raincoats or hoodies, just full-on winter wear for warmth.

If you want free clothing, without leaving the house, I swear by this:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225251.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#69 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This is why you also need, the wardrobe of wonders...
Outerwear included...for the same hard to beat, price.
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ward/id/859798/

Squeals excitedly! Thank you so much!

And please come shop at my new store, Gussy Up's Wardrobe!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#70 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Just just gave me a good idea! ahah!
Thank you.

Okay, you're killing me here. I assume we will eventually see your idea when you generously share the download with us (thank you for that), but I'm dying to know what it is. Can you let us in on it?

Mad Poster
#71 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:22 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 31st Mar 2017 at 3:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Okay, you're killing me here. I assume we will eventually see your idea when you generously share the download with us (thank you for that), but I'm dying to know what it is. Can you let us in on it?

The more I'm getting to know you, the more it makes me happy.
Gussy Up's Wardrobe is a clever name, for a clothing store indeed!

Sure.
I will add *Seasonal* alternative(how we see it..) or preferences,(how our sims sees it...) to my future clothes/clothing sets, and make it a habit.
(looking at what I've already created, most of them already does offer an alternative lol!)
And you pretty much guessed it, I would upload them!

*Random*
Seasonal looks like seasoning. I'll spice it up a bit.
habit is French for outfit. I am making myself laugh.

Mad Poster
#72 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:35 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 31st Mar 2017 at 10:58 PM.
I don't change them much really. (Too lazy! ) Most of the time they'll wear the exact same outfit for their entire lifestage. (It changes when they grow up though...)

However, I recently started switching things up after they go on vacations. Like let's say they go to Takemizu village. I'll dress them up in their traditional garments for the length of the trip. And once they're done, before leaving, I'll have them change into a new outfit, whatever I can find in their wardrobe.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:09 PM
Definite clothes change is after aging up, but if my sim goes trough a new phase in life, changing a bit themselves, while not yet aging up, then It's time for a makeover as well.

Oh, and yeah... appropriate outing clothing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#74 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT

Oh yes, my sims pajamas match the season as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#75 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Gussy up by Christianlov. One of the best mods ever. My sims "shop" at Gussy up every week. They have plenty of clothes. You can't beat free. And Gussy Up also has a free hair salon, and even free plastic surgery for the more homely among us (you know who you are). The only bad thing about Gussy Up is their headquarters is on a tropical island so they don't make or sell outerwear.

That's one reason why I prefer his Sim Boutique Clothingrack. It was updated to do outerwear and it's an object not a global mod, so it's less likely to conflict with anything.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284411

Smorbie - I tried to reply to the PM you sent me on the 25th, but your in-box is full.
Page 3 of 4