Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:59 PM
How to move Sims 4 CC to a external drive
Ok so I have my S4 game already on my E: drive, but I need to move my CC there too. And IDK how because I'm pretty sure you can't just drag-n-drop your stuff there. I need help quick because my game keeps crashing... again
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:40 AM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2079...-partition.html

But I doubt that will fix your problems, either your under minimum requirements to run the game or more likely, you have either outdated mobs or bad CC that causes the game to crash, the only thing you are doing my moving the folder is opening more disk space in your C:/ drive assuming that were My Documents is located.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:49 AM Last edited by Citysim : 31st Mar 2017 at 6:01 AM.
Always put your Saves Game folder with your CC on your fastest drive because the game constantly writes scratch files to your Saves folder, as for the actual game, this can go and fast or slow drive and even an external, it will just takes a little longer to load up. To squeeze every bit great performance, use 3 HDs in your machine, one just for the OS, The other for the Games folder, and the faster drive for the Saved games folder with all CC by creating a Junction in C:\Users\{User}\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, as sharing your saves games folder on the same drive as your OS as the game demands you to, is also a bad idea, and if you record videos, you should never use the same drive as your Saves games folder, otherwise your with get a drive constantly write back and fourth in two spots reducing performance in both arrears.

To move your Sims 4 Saves folder anywhere you like, you need to create a Junction, a good light-weight free software to organise your Junctions is Link Shell Extension.

Otherwise you will have to use the command line with many switches, which can get quite tricky.