Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 8:48 PM Last edited by magicslippers : 12th Apr 2017 at 11:44 PM.
Default Allow gates on apartment yards
I wonder if anyone ever made a mod for this. By default we can't make yards with fences for our sims living in apartments. Image link for reference (link to sims wiki page).

Cheers, Maggie

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne...=20150405020904

Edit: Solved, thank you all
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 9:52 PM Last edited by maxon : 10th Apr 2017 at 11:19 AM.
You mean you can't put a gate in a fenced in area? There is a workaround using something like the floor dividers which sims can walk over but count as a fence. I think I'd have to test it to be sure.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You mean you can't put a gate in a fenced in area? There is a workaround using something like the floor diveders which sims can walk over but count as a fence. I think I'd have to test it to be sure.

I do this! I make an apartment with a fenced in yard and add a gate to the fence. Then I use an invisible floor divider, which I put around the gate so that the game sees the outside area as being completely enclosed by fencing and allows the lot to be converted to apartments. I sometimes also make apartments (often trailers/mobile homes) where the outside space is completely enclosed by invisible floor dividers, so that the game sees it as a closed in outdoor area but it looks completely open and sims can walk through each trailer's outside area.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:42 AM
That's a great idea. Where do you get invisible floor dividers?
I use floor dividers to section off a room with twins so one waking up and crying doesn't wake up the other. Invisible would be even better.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I sometimes also make apartments (often trailers/mobile homes) where the outside space is completely enclosed by invisible floor dividers, so that the game sees it as a closed in outdoor area but it looks completely open and sims can walk through each trailer's outside area.

Oh - invisible floor dividers. Excellent. Do you have a link? I am about to remodel Mama Hick's trailer apartment lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:00 PM
It seems that I made the invisible floor divider that I use? And I didn't upload it anywhere because I couldn't find out how to make it not overwrite anything. I don't know if anyone else has ever made and uploaded one.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:08 PM
If it is a GUID thing...what stops you from giving it a new one now? Would it work...NM..lol, I just read the whole thread.
I think I'll try making one too. This is a good idea to use an invisible one, so why not.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:43 PM
Thank you all for the replies

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
If it is a GUID thing...what stops you from giving it a new one now? Would it work...NM..lol, I just read the whole thread.
I think I'll try making one too. This is a good idea to use an invisible one, so why not.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could upload the fence if you decide to make one

I think this trick should be added to the wiki page, very useful for apartments with a front yard.

Cheers, Maggie
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 4:43 PM
It definitely should be added to the wiki.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:15 PM
From what Michelle said, it's just a straight clone. I've made fences before. I'll have a look.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
From what Michelle said, it's just a straight clone. I've made fences before. I'll have a look.

Awesome, thank you
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:50 PM
I am done with mine. Though I would not upload anything that someone else had plan to upload...so I'll wait for your OK.
Impossible to change the price, or keep the same one. The great divider cost 5, but my recolor is 0, even though I haven't touched it. If there is a trick that I am not aware of, that'd be great.
For me, it is easy to find in the catalogue, I have no recolor of it besides this invisible one. So it comes up first.
I admit that in game though..good luck remembering where the heck it is! ahah!
I named my color, Disguise.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 5:34 PM
Thank you!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:00 PM
You are welcome. I'm still waiting to see if it is ok to upload. lol
Laura made it first and might be willing to update it and upload hers.
@lauratje86

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:48 PM
Oh upload it. I cloned a fence but I didn't get round to making it invisible. I called mine "The Great Divide by Divisive Divicrats in OMG Nothing There."

If you want me to have a look at the file, I could see if I can change the price though I don't think anyone would mind if the price was 0. You can't recolour fences - well you can but you make a new fence when you do. How did you make it Rosebine? The price is in the FenceXML btw - fences are not the same as objects (where it's the OBJD). That's where you change the GUID too.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:30 PM
I looked there, but could not recognise anything that would look like a price.
Oh i did simple. I cloned it. Then change all 3 txmt to fit an invisible texture. Then for the textures themselves, i imported same size image but with nothing in it, for the rectangleshadow thing, both for ground shadow & diagonal groundshadow.
i built dtx for the replaced textures, just made empty ones.The one that is not a shadow was made dtx3.
i can attach it for you to find where the price is, if you want.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:08 PM
Yeah why not - I'll see if I can see it. Did you change the GUID?

Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 13th Apr 2017 at 4:31 PM. Reason: removing attachment
No. I haven't. But it does not overwrite any of the normal colors.
(attachment removed)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:43 PM

Thank you very much

Cheers, Maggie
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:46 PM
You are welcome! and free to grab this one I attached, though you might want to wait and see if Maxon can fix the price..or anything else that she's d find that would need fixingz. But i am pretty sure, besides the price being 0..all works fine.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:16 AM

I'll have a look at it in the morning.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:19 AM
Great, thank you. Let me know when you download it, so I can take it off here and make the mods happy..er.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:27 PM Last edited by maxon : 13th Apr 2017 at 4:27 PM.
OK - with price added. I think that's right. Do you want to test it?

(attachment removed)

Mad Poster
#24 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:31 PM
Ok, I will. I'd like to know where/what lines had to be dited for the price?
I cannot find any differences between both our package lol Mine also has cost set to 5..
Thank you.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#25 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:25 PM
You have to add a third line to the text lists and put the price in there.

Page 1 of 2