Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom CellPhones and BackPacks

by Arsil Posted 1st May 2017 at 6:36 PM - Updated 13th May 2017 at 8:59 AM by Arsil : Now allows also custom backpacks

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Arsil : 2nd May 2017 at 2:57 PM.
This is the regular cellphone (when UL and ITF are not installed).
I've simply recolored it hastily.
Follow the guide in the mod's description if you want to re-mesh it.

The name associated with this cellphone is: ArsilPhoneCell
(this is the string you have to use with the CONFIG interaction to set the handset name)

Note: Not sure about ITF (Into The Future), but if you have UL (University Life) installed
you can assign this phone to a Sim only for the current playing session. Once you save
and reload the game that Sim will have the default smartphone again.

-----

Here's the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, credits to blakegriplingph for mesh and texture.

The name to use it is blakegriplingph_Nokia5800_asCellPhone

This is also a regular cellphone, but in the next comment I'll put the smartphone version.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_CustomCellPhones_CellPhone.package.zip (17.1 KB, 353 downloads)
File Type: zip  Arsil_CustomCellPhones_CellPhone_Nokia5800_byBlakegriplingph.package.zip (278.3 KB, 325 downloads)
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Arsil : 3rd May 2017 at 9:15 PM.
On second though, I won't even upload the smart and future cellphones since unmodified objects
from EPs are something like 93.8% not allowed on MTS. My own extimation, pulled from my ***.

Just follow the instructions on the mod's description on how to clone the original ones.

----

EDIT: never mind. It works but doesn't display videos. I should have known better. Attachment removed.

Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Here's the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic as SmartPhone.

NOTE: This is the same mesh of the regular cellphone I've uploaded in the previous comment,
so it doesn't have MaterialStates to support phone skins. By the way, also the iPhone6
(a default replacement for the UL's smartphone) works like that.
WARNING: Hopefully that's the only significant difference and this will also work to view videos and such (I haven't tested it).

The name to use this is blakegriplingph_Nokia5800_asCellPhoneSmart
(note the Smart at the end to differentiate it from the regular one)

Note: If you don't have UL (University Life) installed you can assign this phone to a Sim only
for the current playing session. Once you save and reload the game that Sim will have the
default cellphone again.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:48 PM
I love you. But you probably knew that already.
(Can you please, in some way, link the other phones? I want the UL phone.)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st May 2017 at 7:19 PM
Quote:
Just a last, hastily made mod before I GTFO.

What do you mean by that?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st May 2017 at 7:23 PM
Yeah, what's that about?
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:54 PM
I've removed that bit. Damn my stupid mouth, now I have to explain what I meant to avoid misunderstandings.

Let's just say that I can get obsessed with modding and it's not healthy for me.
In the last month or so I've modded so hard that I've already depleted my fuel.

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sen5XhPak3M
Ok, you got me, I just wanted an excuse to link that video.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd May 2017 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I've removed that bit. Damn my stupid mouth, now I have to explain what I meant to avoid misunderstandings.

Let's just say that I can get obsessed with modding and it's not healthy for me.
In the last month or so I've modded so hard that I've already depleted my fuel.

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sen5XhPak3M
Ok, you got me, I just wanted an excuse to link that video.

Ah sure, go refill your Mana =) Can't do you magic without it^^ And Skyrim lied... Wine does not help at all with Mana regeneration
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd May 2017 at 4:54 PM
Oooo shiny...Another fantastic mod from my favourite modder. You've given us so much already, so please take as long as you need to reboot...we all need a breath of fresh air every now and then. Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd May 2017 at 7:33 PM
Arsil your mods are so great! Thank you for modding the sims 3 in 2017!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd May 2017 at 11:32 PM
Awesome as always! Thank you Arsil! ♥
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 2:36 PM Last edited by lataya25 : 17th Jul 2017 at 3:02 PM.
Hey thank you for thismindblowing mod all ur inventory cc is awesome sunglasses and the now better bit what it suppose to be backpacks but you know i got to ask but i am wondering can u do a purses hand and shoulder that at the same way as the bookbag. That will be awesome and can finally have some real purses in the game and no one got to sacifice rings or gloves anymore. Also can u do the same with cc hats we can just put them on like ur sunglasses too and make sims feel little cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. I am sorry asking too much but i been waiting for something like this since ur sunglasses mod and i am like omg she got to do more stuff like this i havent been on sims 4 in 3 months my sims 3 been off the chain. Never played a straight house in a long time bc something was always missing but with yo, icurus,cinderella,immun,sandy, doug, kinkyworld,nrass consort few others my game is almost reality living now if i can find someone who can do a complete overhaul on implying the right skills to jobs and degrees that do not use nrass career mod but it whatever i settle with what i have on that bc the rest of my game awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 7:13 PM
Really necessary the backpack mod. Thanks.
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 10:58 PM
Default Can't get this to work. Any help?
Can anyone help me make this ATS3-object-bagclutter-bag-armelle
*chest-like* into a custom backpack. I have no idea how to do it, and I have tried. Thanks for any help.
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Apr 2023 at 9:42 AM
Any way to make the changes permanent?