Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Trait: Pathetic

by Hadron1776 Posted 22nd May 2017 at 10:34 AM - Updated 25th May 2017 at 2:00 PM by Hadron1776 : Updated file, description changed to reflect this

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:14 PM
Interesting concept for a lowkey "hard mode", which I recently made a "loser" type sim for, so this would suit it very nicely.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:39 PM
very interesting trait
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:42 PM
If I could get day-night tracking to work, I could really cut down on the interaction overrides... unfortunately the game doesn't seem to want to cooperate
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:24 PM
Can you make it so when the Sim gets angry he breaks stuff more? then gets sad and cries.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:36 PM
Probably
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:13 PM
Would you also consider another increase in negative buff scores? I'm afraid I'm not seeing much of a difference! Or it might be my imagination or I may be thinking of the wrong thing. But I'd like our Pathetics to be miserable~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:15 PM Last edited by Hadron1776 : 22nd May 2017 at 11:43 PM.
Yeah, that was the idea. I'll see what I can do
EDIT: Yeah, I COMPLETELY forgot about the ambience moodlets >.>
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:51 AM
finally, I can truly exist in sim form
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
Would you also consider another increase in negative buff scores? I'm afraid I'm not seeing much of a difference! Or it might be my imagination or I may be thinking of the wrong thing. But I'd like our Pathetics to be miserable~

Ok, I just reuploaded. Decoration moodlets are now blocked, and high Needs makes them sad. If that isn't enough then I'll actually increase the negative buff scores.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:31 AM
One thing to note about the mood effect mapping I'm using is that it doesn't touch the UI: The 'Exhausted' moodlet is a +3 uncomfortable moodlet and will say so, but the game knows the real value.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:47 AM
Oh look, a trait that describes my existence.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:09 PM
Also can you make it so 'woohoo' makes the other Sim uncomfortable and "Performed Poorly" 100% of the time.

Gotta make it so the sim is pathetic in all ways .
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:56 PM
This Sim has so many negatives.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edwardecl
Also can you make it so 'woohoo' makes the other Sim uncomfortable and "Performed Poorly" 100% of the time.

Gotta make it so the sim is pathetic in all ways .

See, I think it should be possible to make them happy (that's why I didn't go blocking mood types), but said happiness should be short-lived and easily overcome by much more negative emotions.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:54 AM
The death mechanic doesn't work for playing solo sim households-- I got my Pathetic sim killed and it was a Game Over that prompted me to either save or exit. Would you consider a tweak where instead of dying first, they're straight up immune to death?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th May 2017 at 2:41 PM
What did he die from? The death mechanic is designed not to work for old age.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th May 2017 at 4:10 PM
He was electrocuted when fixing the computer. There wasn't even a death animation, it was an instant game over pop-up. I checked for mods that affect death and I have none, if that would affect it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th May 2017 at 7:21 PM
I will test and try to fix it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th May 2017 at 7:26 PM
Wait... was he in a tight space? I know that death interactions don't work if the sim doesn't have room to die. In that case the Sim is destroyed because the urn placement fails.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:02 PM Last edited by falcophoenix : 25th May 2017 at 5:48 AM.
Oh... That would make sense. I have him in the crappy run-down apartment a pre-made sim lived in. The bedroom is rather cramped.. It would make sense there'd be no room for the Reaper to position and animate so it'd logically just skip the animation and game-over immediately. That's unfortunate. But at least it isn't an actual problem with your mod, which is good!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Frechi : 11th Aug 2017 at 1:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
This is cool! And I'm guessing the not-dying flavor came from the Unlucky trait in the Sims 3, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:59 PM
thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:45 AM
can they die?, i mean, i have a mod which make vampires killers hahahah!!, i can kill when compel for deep drink, i did it in one sims which die and resurrect, can i kill him again when i can suck the pathetic townie again?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:04 AM
This is so amusing! Well done.
Page 1 of 2