Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:13 AM
Default Predictions for The Sims 4 in 2017-2018.
Here is my list of predictions for The Sims 4 in 2017 and 2018.
  • Travelling Expansion pack like Bon Voyage and World Adventures but you can control your sim at the airport, the plane and visit places like the US, Italy, Russia and even live there.
  • A Kids Room Stuff-like stuff pack but for teenagers: Title says it all.
  • A stuff pack for stuff for adults and elders: Features new stuff for Young aduts and older.
  • Pets Game Pack: Make pets cheaper in The Sims 4 so make a game pack.
  • Seasons Game Pack: Title says it all.
  • Time Travelling Expansion Pack: Visit the Stone Age, Ancient Greece, French Revolution, 1800s, 1950s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and the future.

I am the owner and streamer of Twitch Plays The Sims.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:24 AM
Oh, boy, here we go again. We know pets are coming. Other than that I am not sure about anything in the future of 4. I am pretty sure most of that will never happen. I would like to see a travel location though other than the outdoor one.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:40 AM
I'd be surprised if they can manage to get 25% of these done in one way or another. I have little faith we'll we much more out of Sims 4, tbh.

... besides Pets, of course.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:41 AM
Time traveling to 9 different point in time in one pack? Are you expecting one lot per time period?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:47 AM
What are your reasons for any of these, minus pets?
Have you read some things that point towards these or what?
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:42 AM
Quote:
A stuff pack for stuff for adults and elders

Yes, would agree with that prediction. It would be another stuff pack for WEALTHY adults and elders.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:10 AM
To be honest, I think when it comes to GP or EP, they might probably just release seasons and pets, maybe another GP/EP pack that's not exactly inspired by the previous games. But between the time of the actual release of one EP/SP, I'm sure they'll release a ton of stuff packs. Aaand I guess maybe after that, we'll get to hear whether TS5 is a thing or not.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSim64DS
[*]Pets Game Pack: Make pets cheaper in The Sims 4 so make a game pack.[*]Seasons Game Pack: Title says it all.[*]Time Travelling Expansion Pack: Visit the Stone Age, Ancient Greece, French Revolution, 1800s, 1950s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and the future.[/list]

These require actual work, so I doubt it. Also TSS seems to cater exclusively to the "I want the same things I can do in real life" crowd nowadays.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:56 PM
Well, at least you very optimistic about it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:32 PM
  • Travelling Expansion pack like Bon Voyage and World Adventures but you can control your sim at the airport, the plane and visit places like the US, Italy, Russia and even live there.
    [...]
  • Time Travelling Expansion Pack: Visit the Stone Age, Ancient Greece, French Revolution, 1800s, 1950s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and the future.
That is some incredible optimism I can barely imagine that for a future Sims franchise (e.g. TS5), let alone TS4.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:04 PM
  • A Kids Room Stuff-like stuff pack but for teenagers: Title says it all.
  • A stuff pack for stuff for adults and elders: Features new stuff for Young aduts and older.
  • Pets Game Pack: Make pets cheaper in The Sims 4 so make a game pack.
  • Seasons Game Pack: Title says it all.

Like those before me, I admire your optimism.

I'll actually be surprised if we get another vacation like expansion or game pack since we already have camping. And in Sims 4, why go all the way when they can just give us a small taste of something? Even if by some chance they did make another one, there's no way they're letting the sims interact with an airport or plane. They can't even use the elevators properly.

We already have a kids centric stuff pack so I doubt another will come along. But I'm in agreement we'll get another pack full of random odds and ends for adults. Most likely high end and focused on living it up.

I'll give you Pets. Next to Toddlers, it's been one of the most requested. I even have some hope for it since they did so well with both Toddlers and Vampires.

Seasons... coin toss. Probably a yes but I don't wanna get my hopes up for how thorough it will be. If it's an expansion, it will no doubt be lacking, half assed and a disappointment. If it's a game pack, it won't have as much but what it does will probably be done well enough. As long as the seasons work properly, make sense and add dimension to what's already in the game (gardening for example), I'll be content.

Time Traveling... ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw something like this together. Mainly because I haven't actually seen anyone else request it and Sims 4 is full of additions few players asked for It'd probably be a stuff pack though with themed items for each time period. I just can't see them putting in the effort it would take to effectively execute such an expansion. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though.
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:35 PM
Pets EP
Eco Stuff Pack

Lazy Lanai Stuff Pack
Gorgeous Gazebo Stuff Pack
Pretty Porch Stuff Pack
Voluminous Veranda Stuff Pack
Bountiful Balcony Stuff Pack
Precious Pergola Stuff Pack

...and probably a couple of pretty decent Game Packs.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:02 PM
Bug fix
Patch with more bugs
Scholar
#14 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:34 PM
A sim Guru recently wrote that the stuff packs are always themed for the actual season they release in. I mean, the pattern was visible already, but now they confirmed it. So I expect SPs themed about whatever the theam thinks young adults do these days. This summer probably a Barbecue SP with a pigling grill as the new gameplay object? This fall would see the Eco living SP, then Winter 17/18 a snuggling at the fireplace SP? Spring probably gardening or wedding stuff.
I'm not against most of these packs, except for wedding I'd buy them all, but I think a lot of potential is wasted by keeping them seasons-appropriate.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd May 2017 at 5:34 PM
There's a season for bowling? I had no clue.

Anyway, I'd love a pack about elders. I know that's the "end of life phase," but elders do more in real life than they do in the game. The most elders have gotten in recent memory was canes and showing pictures of their grandchildren in Generations.

There isn't even stereotypical elder stuff. Where are the retirement homes? Where's bingo and shuffleboard? Where's the interaction of scolding children for scolding children? Where are those televised dramas people tend to be fond of, or watching older movies? Yelling at misbehaving children they come across? Given their grandchildren random money to food?

Edit: That's exactly what Parenthood is missing - Elders dealing with their adult children.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#16 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:28 PM
I think that's a little much to expect from EA.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th May 2017 at 2:03 PM
a pets and seasons expansion would be cool and maybe open world so you no longer have a loading screen when ever you are going to a house or lot
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There isn't even stereotypical elder stuff. Where are the retirement homes? Where's bingo and shuffleboard? Where's the interaction of scolding children for scolding children? Where are those televised dramas people tend to be fond of, or watching older movies? Yelling at misbehaving children they come across? Given their grandchildren random money to food?

An Elder's mean "Make Sim Leave" interaction should be "Get off my lawn!"
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 28th May 2017 at 5:07 PM
What about toddlers stuff pack (since kids had it)? Any chance :lovestruc