Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Anti-Social Mastermind

by Kialauna Posted 17th Jun 2017 at 6:32 PM - Updated 13th Feb 2018 at 5:32 AM by Kialauna

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 10:04 PM
I love adding new traits; they make for a more complex personality. This is great, thank you for sharing it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:53 AM
can you make a psychopath trait next, awesome trait!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 8:12 PM
Pretty original, more traits please.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:14 PM
I love the thought of a trait like this and want(ed) to download.... but either my computer dislikes rar completely or it asks me to pay for it all the time.
Anyone know if there's anything else I could do? Creator??

thanks thanks :-)
Theorist
#6 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lizzyerd85
I love the thought of a trait like this and want(ed) to download.... but either my computer dislikes rar completely or it asks me to pay for it all the time.

WinRAR is supposed to ask you to pay for it. It is freeware that survives on people electing to pay for it. There is no glitch, but until you pay for a copy of WinRAR it will ask you to do so every time.

You either 1) pay for it. or 2) Close the popup that comes up that asks you to pay for it, then use it as normal while thanking the creator (s)he was kind enough to let you use it for free for this long.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emile20
can you make a psychopath trait next, awesome trait!
Psychopathology is the common term for Antisocial Personality Disorder... this is a psychopath trait.
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lizzyerd85

@Lizzyerd85 try 7-zip --> http://www.7-zip.org/ it's free and does the same as winRAR.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:17 AM
This is a pretty insensitive depiction of ASPD...
If you want basically an evil mastermind, that is a different emotion to make. A personality disorder doesn't make a person evil or "selfish".
There are people in the world with this disorder.. Those people do see these things and react to them. Just remember that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:31 PM
I wanted to do a Yoshikage Kira Sim, now i can, thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GlitchhWitch
If you want basically an evil mastermind, that is a different emotion to make. A personality disorder doesn't make a person evil or "selfish".
There are people in the world with this disorder.. Those people do see these things and react to them. Just remember that.

There is no such disorder called Antisocial Mastermind. It is a few adjectives put together. I am sorry if you are mistaken.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:35 PM
Excited to try this out I noticed on your second picture a trait called "Identity Disorder", could you tell me where you found that? Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlitchhWitch

Pretty sure that this is not supposed to mirror ASPD but rather psychopathy. A psychopath is only capable of self-interest, they are incapable of feeling care or empathy towards another person, which is the very definition of selfishness. So I don't see why you or anyone else can rightfully take offense.

I would make this person have HIGHER friendship and relationship building rate, just make the decay rate VERY fast. Psychopaths tend to attract people with their false charms and manner of speaking, but once in a relationship they fare poorly as the person begins to see their real traits.

I think it would also be cool if the reward interactions from the mischief aspiration were always unlocked for this sim.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebonyx
Pretty sure that this is not supposed to mirror ASPD but rather psychopathy. A psychopath is only capable of self-interest, they are incapable of feeling care or empathy towards another person, which is the very definition of selfishness. So I don't see why you or anyone else can rightfully take offense.

I would make this person have HIGHER friendship and relationship building rate, just make the decay rate VERY fast. Psychopaths tend to attract people with their false charms and manner of speaking, but once in a relationship they fare poorly as the person begins to see their real traits.

I think it would also be cool if the reward interactions from the mischief aspiration were always unlocked for this sim.

"Psychopathy" is a subtype of ASPD.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kialauna
There is no such disorder called Antisocial Mastermind. It is a few adjectives put together. I am sorry if you are mistaken.

Doesn't have to explicitly be "antisocial personality disorder" to get the message across that.. it's antisocial personality disorder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 12:26 AM
@GlitchhWitch - Calm down. This is just a VIDEO GAME. A game trait in a video game. Just remember that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:38 AM
Since the last patch, all CAS traits are no longer working. Please hang tight until I can get this issue resolved and re-upload mine! Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:55 PM
Hi what is that Identity disorder trait in the display picture?! Great trait cannot wait for the update
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:34 AM
This trait is working after version 1.39.74.1020. Please re-upload to v2.

Happy Simming!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:48 AM
Have questions? Just want to chat? Join my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/wYQyfMQ
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:15 PM
Thank you so much for this trait! It will definitely spice up my Evil sim more!

Just as an fyi for everyone, psychopathy and sociopathy are two different things. They are often used interchangeably by people, media, etc. but they technically aren't the same. Psychopathy is when you suffer from some kind of psychosis that causes similar character traits as sociopathy, however, the psychosis part means you either suffer from delusions, hallucinations, and/or any other reality altering mental illness. A sociopath, however, does not suffer from any psychosis. They know right from wrong but can't empathize or sympathize, are extremely narcissistic (not all narcissists are sociopaths, though), charming, etc.

Psychopaths can be all of those too but with the added bonus of psychosis which causes them to not know right from wrong.

I majored in psychology in college and so it bothers me sometimes when people think they are the same thing. Thought I'd just explain it a bit. ^_^

Again, thank you for this trait!
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd May 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Australopithecus
Thank you so much for this trait! It will definitely spice up my Evil sim more!

Just as an fyi for everyone, psychopathy and sociopathy are two different things. They are often used interchangeably by people, media, etc. but they technically aren't the same. Psychopathy is when you suffer from some kind of psychosis that causes similar character traits as sociopathy, however, the psychosis part means you either suffer from delusions, hallucinations, and/or any other reality altering mental illness. A sociopath, however, does not suffer from any psychosis. They know right from wrong but can't empathize or sympathize, are extremely narcissistic (not all narcissists are sociopaths, though), charming, etc.

Psychopaths can be all of those too but with the added bonus of psychosis which causes them to not know right from wrong.

I majored in psychology in college and so it bothers me sometimes when people think they are the same thing. Thought I'd just explain it a bit. ^_^

Again, thank you for this trait!

If you majored in psychology you should know that psychopathy doesn't involve psychosis; you're thinking of the word "psychotic" which is often misused as a synonym for psychopathic.

Both psychopathy and sociopathy are forms of antisocial personality disorder, although these 2 terms are not considered diagnoses (they're generally seen as outdated and sometimes inaccurate). Psychopaths are born (i.e. it's innate and present from birth) and sociopaths are "created" (i.e. the result of issues like neglect, abuse, and other trauma). Neither has to do with psychosis, although people with ASPD can still have another disorder involving that.

-----

I'd also like to point out, not in response to this/you but in general (and I guess specifically @GlitchhWitch), that "anti-social" does not necessarily mean "antisocial personality disorder"; anyone can be antisocial or commit antisocial acts, but there's specific criteria for it to be a full-blown personality disorder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th May 2018 at 5:45 AM
I would love to Not have my work taken down again. Please discuss any issues via DM to each other. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:42 PM
Dang, we've gone political and medical in here, haven't we? Well then.
Thank you for the trait. I've been working on a "messed up" legacy. (The founder had, like, three sims die around/because of her already and I wasn't even going to have anything like that happen until last night.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 3:08 PM
Love it...now to adding kidnapping and murder to fulfill the social needs of my sim....don't look at me like that we've all been doing it since the original sims....you know what i'm talking about walling in your sims, or trapping them in a fire *_* removing the pool ladder.
Page 1 of 2