Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 29 (Who?), Viewed: 6005 times.
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 4:56 AM
Default Weirdest thing about you that surprises others...
Although we all seem normal for the things we're into, there's probably one thing that makes you so uncharacteristically strange.

What thing you're into is a surprise to others?

For me, it's​ beauty products. I am actually a bit image conscious and lately, I take warm baths with a bath bomb disintegrating in the tub. I hadn't told this to Bigsimsfan12 because my sleep schedule is a nightmare. I recently got interested in the stuff sold at Fragrant Jewels, which holds a ring (cheap crystal) and a slip with a code for the chance to win real rings valued between $100-10,000, but whatever​ they use for the bath bomb itself sounds nice. I would buy scented candles, but my mother is allergic to scented anything because of her asthma. That, and because my cat Socks nearly caught fire brushing her tail against a candle. (She singed her feathery tail and the rule stuck even after her death from intestinal cancer.)

Still, I admit I do frilly things, but then again, I am still a woman and it seems normal for females to indulge in feminine things. I don't mind. If everyone is happy, I'm happy.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 6:19 AM
My age. When people guess my age, they usually guess somewhere around 16-20, even if I'm 10 years older... So yeah, that's probably what surprises people the most about me. Even bus drivers have been known to charge me as a kid if I forget to say anything, and the last time it happened was about a year ago.

Also, I don't do makeup. I just don't. Last time I wore makeup was for a photoshoot around 6-7 years ago, and to this day I have not applied anything else than dress-up makeup (as a clown, or similar) to my face, and the last time I did that was probably around age 12.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 8:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Although we all seem normal for the things we're into, there's probably one thing that makes you so uncharacteristically strange.

What thing you're into is a surprise to others?

For me, it's​ beauty products. I am actually a bit image conscious and lately, I take warm baths with a bath bomb disintegrating in the tub. I hadn't told this to Bigsimsfan12 because my sleep schedule is a nightmare. I recently got interested in the stuff sold at Fragrant Jewels, which holds a ring (cheap crystal) and a slip with a code for the chance to win real rings valued between $100-10,000, but whatever​ they use for the bath bomb itself sounds nice. I would buy scented candles, but my mother is allergic to scented anything because of her asthma. That, and because my cat Socks nearly caught fire brushing her tail against a candle. (She singed her feathery tail and the rule stuck even after her death from intestinal cancer.)

Still, I admit I do frilly things, but then again, I am still a woman and it seems normal for females to indulge in feminine things. I don't mind. If everyone is happy, I'm happy.

My sleep schedule is a freaking nightmare, putting it lightly.

Anyway, the one thing that'd surprise people is how knowledgeable I am with music and entertainment. Some people I know are surprised by it.

I updated my signature, but I still don't know what to add here!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 2:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Jun 2017 at 3:38 PM.
My sleep schedule is non-existant, and most of the time it's "go to bed before the rest of the house wakes up", "go to bed, because you have work tomorrow and you need at least 4 hours of sleep to function", or "go to bed because you're almost asleep standing up and already fell asleep several times on the couch, you stubborn night-owl".

My waking-up schedule is as follows: "Wake up because you have work", "Wake up because you have something else you need to be awake for", or "Wake up because it's sometime past 1 PM and you can't be in bed all day", or "Wake up, because brain says you've had enough sleep, even if you really haven't".

Last night I got up at 3 PM, and went to bed 7.30 AM, just as an example. I'm slightly better at keeping to a cycle when I've got work, but only slightly. Mostly it's "be in bed somewhere between 12 and 2 AM, and get up at 6.20 AM", and weekends/days off it's "be in bed before 4 AM, and get up at around 12 AM", giving me roughly 8 hours once in a while so my brain gets happy.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 3:03 PM
Sleep is for the weak. I don't have a pattern either, sometimes I go to bed at 4AM, this morning it was 6, sometimes it's 2. But what people surprises is when I tell them I'm Dutch. (I live in Germany)

German humor isn't a laughing matter.

Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 6:33 PM
On the topic of sleep, I am the one person who will wake the neighborhood without trying. I also have the nasty habit of drinking caffeinated sodas. My mother made me quit because I have been fighting sleep since I was a baby.

Although unorthodox, as a child, I would be given the challenge to read a huge pile of kid's books and I had to read them all before approaching​ my parents. Sometimes I fall asleep, while I get to see the sunrise sometimes.

But I should point out my face is young looking and although I am turning 30 this October, I look 15. Then again, the fact my father and his family practically catches fire standing in the sunlight may be why I stay inside on sunny days.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:12 AM
The therapy I got through school has helped me so much that people get surprised when they find out that I am on the autism spectrum.

Also, though this belongs in debates, people get surprised that I'm a political liberal within evangelical Christianity. Yes we do exist. We are the few and the proud.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Alchemist
#8 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:26 PM
It's weird how as I've grown older I've stopped presenting how I am on the inside, to an extent. Not to fit in or anything. But gone are the days of band t-shirts and ripped jeans and spikey bracelets. I mostly wear reasonably feminine clothes. At work I wear my hair in a bun, my glasses and my work uniform (even though it's not necessary). It really weirded people out a little when they found out I listen to rock and metal, Ive seen all Kevin Smith films, like video games and comic books and I recently took up skateboarding. Also there's no pictures of me wearing glasses or having my hair up on Facebook, - a lot of people I work with are confused by that, much like a lot of my friends and family don't even know I wear glasses.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:19 PM
A thing that surprised all of my classmates: I'm-a a retro gamer nerd, who reguarly plays Zelda, Mario, Metroid and other cool games.
Inventor
#10 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 5:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
My age. When people guess my age, they usually guess somewhere around 16-20, even if I'm 10 years older... So yeah, that's probably what surprises people the most about me. Even bus drivers have been known to charge me as a kid if I forget to say anything, and the last time it happened was about a year ago.

The same thing happens to me all the time. I'm 29 and I've have people think I'm 15-16. There was a lady giving out hair skin care samples who almost didn't give me one because she didn't think I was over 18. She also though my mom was my grandma.
Another time, in High school, I went to the movies with a group of friends. Another girl and I were given the child ticket.
staff: moderator
#11 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:08 AM
Not looking your age isn't weird though - people tend to look younger than they are, look their age or look older than they are. I don't look my age and never have. I used to have to show my ID to get into R-rated movies. I'm 51 now and still don't look my age.. I don't look like a teenager by any means, people usually guess early 40's. That's alright with me, I'll take it!

Since I "ruled out" age, I guess the weirdest thing about me is that I like to build dollhouses and dollhouse furniture (used to sell them too!), or I used to when I had the room. Since I don't have the room (and money!) to do that anymore I make stuff for the game instead. *That* does kind of surprise people when they ask me what I'm doing and I show them AND show them stuff I've made.
Inventor
#12 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
Not looking your age isn't weird though - people tend to look younger than they are, look their age or look older than they are. I don't look my age and never have. I used to have to show my ID to get into R-rated movies. I'm 51 now and still don't look my age.. I don't look like a teenager by any means, people usually guess early 40's. That's alright with me, I'll take it!

Since I "ruled out" age, I guess the weirdest thing about me is that I like to build dollhouses and dollhouse furniture (used to sell them too!), or I used to when I had the room. Since I don't have the room (and money!) to do that anymore I make stuff for the game instead. *That* does kind of surprise people when they ask me what I'm doing and I show them AND show them stuff I've made.

That's awesome! It sounds like something I would really enjoy doing.
staff: moderator
#13 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo06girl
That's awesome! It sounds like something I would really enjoy doing.

Making dollhouses and the furniture? I really enjoyed doing it. The houses were kits but they weren't cheap kits - and I had a deal with a local shop (called... The Dollhouse, lol): they'd take the houses I finished and sell them for me and I got to pick out a new kit for the next one too. My houses didn't sell for a whole lot of money (part of that depended on whether they were purely decorative or not - some were, some weren't), I think the lowest was $75.00 (it was a 1 room log cabin) and the highest was a bit over $200, BUT the actual materials to make the furnishings didn't cost me a whole lot. And since I got a new kit AND money out of the deal? I was happy. That shop closed a long time ago unfortunately so if I wanted to get back into that I wouldn't know where to sell them now. Where I live dollhouses would be a very specialized interest and you would have to know someone that could help you get your "foot in the door".

All that aside, the part I liked the most was making the furniture. Just about anything can be made into a miniature with a little bit of imagination. Wal-Marts craft section with all the little wood doodads got a lot of visits from me back then. And there is (was?) a Ben Franklin in a town I worked in with a huge selection of balsa wood that got a visit from me every payday. I still have a lot of the furniture that didn't get put into the last house I was working on. Every now and then I take it out and take a little stroll down memory lane. I still have a lot of the little miniature hinges, screws and nails I used too - when I look at those I realize I'd need a magnifying glass now to be able to work with those, lol. Hmmmm.. I think it's becoming a bit obvious I miss working on that stuff.
Inventor
#14 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 10:17 PM
More things about me people consider weird:

My hatred of Popsicle.

The fact that I have never tasted eggs, tuna, or Spam because I can't get passed the horrific smell.

I am obsessive about things being even. Literally, I have never even had to use the grid in any version of The Sims.

My obsession with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

My lifelong irrational, but extreme hatred of Fieval and the An American Tale movies. Seriously, I have always HATED Fieval.

My EXTREMELY weird dreams. I have dreams so weird, I couldn't begin to describe them. Weird dream are normal for me.

P.S.- I know what you may be thinking, and the answer is yes, I'm fully aware I'm a weirdo. The other answer is no, I didn't make any of this up.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo06girl
More things about me people consider weird:

My hatred of Popsicle.

The fact that I have never tasted eggs, tuna, or Spam because I can't get passed the horrific smell.

I am obsessive about things being even. Literally, I have never even had to use the grid in any version of The Sims.

My obsession with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

My lifelong irrational, but extreme hatred of Fieval and the An American Tale movies. Seriously, I have always HATED Fieval.

My EXTREMELY weird dreams. I have dreams so weird, I couldn't begin to describe them. Weird dream are normal for me.

P.S.- I know what you may be thinking, and the answer is yes, I'm fully aware I'm a weirdo. The other answer is no, I didn't make any of this up.

Although I am fine with popsicles and I'm not that anal with my OCD, the rest applies to me to a certain degree, so I understand.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:58 PM
Most people are surprised to learn how much I know about Sims and Will Wright. Also, most people are surprised with my passion for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I guess I'm really good at hiding my inner geek. :D

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 9:06 PM
People actually do disagree with me pretty often, but for some reason they don't hit the button, so I appear fairly agreeable.

Also, I make some of my own skin care & cosmetic potions. That's not truly weird, but I'm not so girly that people would suppose I was even much of a customer, let alone a concocter of them.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Scholar
#18 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 3:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
Also, I make some of my own skin care & cosmetic potions. That's not truly weird, but I'm not so girly that people would suppose I was even much of a customer, let alone a concocter of them.

First thing that came to mind was cat litter as a facial scrub, which I've heard actually works a treat but still, it's not exactly pleasing to the ears.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
DELETED POST
1st Jul 2017 at 5:47 PM
This message has been deleted by r_deNoube.
Banned
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 10:39 PM
I don't have one thing. The "whole" of me is the weirdest to every person I meet.
Theorist
#20 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 8:19 PM
That I was born year of the stupid and my zodiac is a busted light bulb. The surprising thing would be that I read all three LotR in high school. Lot's of times it could go over my head and I could end up lost because Tolkein can sidestep into stories of intangible things that would involve the passage of time. So of course my English teacher didn't believe me when I went in front of him to report Fellowship of the Ring until I was pretty much in tears over not being believed because of my ****ty comprehension.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 2:27 AM
Well, my first major crush wasn't on a rock star or voice actor. It was on Bill Nye. It goes back about 17 years, when I was in the second semester of 6th grade elementary school. At the time, I was cramming for college and had access to videos in the local library. Long afternoons after elementary school were spent watching videos and filling out paperwork. In the end, the crush hung on and I didn't go to college because of how far removed from society I was for the duration of the time. I still have this crush, I am aware every genius has some kind of ego, some say my ego is always trying to be right about everything and I have a terrible shyness.

I also study in my spare time, in spite of the fact I'm unable to afford the college I want to attend.

I also have chemically burned my scalp bleaching my hair prior to the institution of a life hack I pick up from the hairdresser from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I also had a softball sized cyst when I was a teenager. This statement better explains some of my health issues.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
I also study in my spare time, in spite of the fact I'm unable to afford the college I want to attend.
That's wonderful! What do you study? Have you found Coursera yet (free courses or low-cost)?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:00 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th Jul 2017 at 3:25 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
That's wonderful! What do you study? Have you found Coursera yet (free courses or low-cost)?

I was going to study the arts (various forms) and if I ever get accepted to an official college, I want to go to a college that doesn't poo-poo my art styles. Besides, I remember a member of MTS once told that the college they went to said that the manga\anime styles weren't acceptable due to its commercial status. From that, they (the college) probably don't believe grapes and bananas are berries (which they are. My crush on Bill paid off.)

I want to make video games, Animation, comic books and music. I currently spent this weekend transcribing lyrics from songs from Germany sung in English. I also worked on Storyboard for a couple of music videos.

I'm planning on saving money to over $1,000 to buy the complete series of both Bill Nye the Science Guy and The Eyes of Nye (the latter was more meaty in terms of subject matter and thinking, but it had some humor). That and I was drilled about fireflies today. I stated the main reason, which is for attracting a mate, but certain species can mimics the light patterns of other species and prey upon the confused male fireflies for food.

Yes, our family is nerdy. Besides, my STEAM genius family knows science plays a role in certain video games.

The type of Games I want to make is similar to the Sims series and the games that utilize the Mii avatar system. Imagine an adventure platformer or RPGs of all sorts, populated with your people. I could imagine a massive RPG where you have control of who appears.

I have a video game in progress called MonColle, which is a parody of Pokemon, Digimon and Yo-Kai Watch combined. There are three distinct MonColle, Nature Species which parody Pokemon and differ with the maximum amount of evolution stages under normal circumstances going up to 5 and evolutionary changes in normal circumstances are permanent. Digital Species parody the Digimon and can change form for any duration of time, as long as energy is available. Specter Species are parody of Yo-Kai and never evolve. Special equipment is required to collect them.

Animation and comic would be parodies with all kinds of madness.

Music would have a quick pulsing beat that forces people to dance.(IRL, I sometimes dance to a pounding beat)

Weird thing about me: After I was told not to speak to a friend from her family, I actually went through a disconnect where I wrote letters to an anonymous female and I would explain the basic things I learn, but the letters were on my drive and never traveled. Part of this was because we would correspond through email and the reason I was forbidden to talk to her was 1.) She was delusional, self harmful and a pathological liar and 2.) They said I was a bad influence. I was in my mid 20s and the woman was actually 45.

As hard as it was on me, I felt betrayed that my entire correspondence for the two years I was talking to her was a farce.

So yes, I am usually wary of correspondence by email. Even if we don't meet, I find it difficult to trust people unless they are front and present with their intentions.

Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:20 PM
I think the fact that I don't really get attached to people seems to be something weird to others.
I don't get sad if someone doesn't talk to me anymore and this seems to surprise others.
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 9:14 AM
Weird thing...I have been operating computers since I was 3. Personally, living in a family of science nerds has paid off. I like to essentially tinker with wiring in that I plug different wires into different sockets that are compatible with each other to complete the circuit. I don't have a soldering gun but I understand the basics enough to build a crazy fast and spacious PC.

Page 1 of 2