Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 183 (Who?), Viewed: 12242 times.
Page 3 of 8
Theorist
#51 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Cool cool. Now I found another reason why and what I should bitch about to EA. Mind If I copy your comments to the official website, lol?

Go ahead, science should be shared! make sure to include the pics! :D

Make sure to add the original comment with the initial classification, and your original pic as well! Because funnily enough, though I chose the classification initially for the crow, technically all three other birds they have (sort of) modelled are also members of the passiformes order, and blue jays are actually members of the corvidae family itself. xD
Mad Poster
#52 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:18 PM
I guess that's why we're only getting Cats & Dogs. Small creatures are too hard to make properly.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#53 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:19 AM
Cities: Skylines has free DLC.

Not missing content that should have been in the base game, but actual add-ons. For free. Imagine that.

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlibertysims
Cities: Skylines has free DLC.

Not missing content that should have been in the base game, but actual add-ons. For free. Imagine that.

Uh...Cities: skylines has paid dlc, for snow, that's locked to like...3 maps.
Love the game that I do, je regret.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 9:17 AM
I hate that Cities Skylines snow is not done properly. It plays so well into the simulation part... but why is it locked to specific maps?!
That pack feels like some EA decisions.

Speaking of snow... I wonder how EA will do seasons. What simulation impacts and inovations can they make there?
Theorist
#56 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
Speaking of snow... I wonder how EA will do seasons. What simulation impacts and inovations can they make there?

One thing's for sure, it'll make those cut scenes just thaaaaaaaaat much longer. You know. All 3 cut scenes you need just to visit someone in their apartment and back :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Go ahead, science should be shared! make sure to include the pics! :D

Make sure to add the original comment with the initial classification, and your original pic as well! Because funnily enough, though I chose the classification initially for the crow, technically all three other birds they have (sort of) modelled are also members of the passiformes order, and blue jays are actually members of the corvidae family itself. xD

Well, shoot. I have to reedit the post, lol.
Theorist
#58 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 2:04 PM
Quote:
Well, shoot. I have to reedit the post, lol.

xD well otherwise you miss the point of the joke!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 2:28 PM
Theorist
#60 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote:

;D ayyy, excellent. the only thing I'd change is that in scientific classification, everything written from genus -- in this case Polyus -- downwards is usually italicised, but that's a minor flaw xD

But back on topic, you know what I want to see? Sledding in the winter! You know what we still don't have yet? Hills .-.

You know what else I want? Actual cooking ingredients. How the fuck am I making a strawberry cake with only strawberries?.... Oh wait... It doesn't even use that. That was a mod...

FFS.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisskreuz
Uh...Cities: skylines has paid dlc, for snow, that's locked to like...3 maps.
Love the game that I do, je regret.

I'm talking about the Pearls from the East and Match Day, which are both free. I'll admit I'm more lenient toward Cities: Skylines than TS4, but only because it's the first Cities: Skylines game. It's not like there was another Cities: Skylines with snow before, so I'm cutting Colossal Order some slack. And they're a much smaller team than Maxis.

Speaking of Cities: Skylines, I really want that game's street name function for the Sims. You simply click on the street, rename it and the game takes care of the rest.

Forum Resident
#62 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlibertysims
I'm talking about the Pearls from the East and Match Day, which are both free. I'll admit I'm more lenient toward Cities: Skylines than TS4, but only because it's the first Cities: Skylines game. It's not like there was another Cities: Skylines with snow before, so I'm cutting Colossal Order some slack. And they're a much smaller team than Maxis.

Speaking of Cities: Skylines, I really want that game's street name function for the Sims. You simply click on the street, rename it and the game takes care of the rest.

Fair enough.
Neither of them had much impact on my game, other than...waiting for the patch to install itself.
I guess that's what free dlc should be, cool if you want it, unobtrusive if you don't.
Theorist
#63 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 9:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisskreuz
Fair enough.
Neither of them had much impact on my game, other than...waiting for the patch to install itself.
I guess that's what free dlc should be, cool if you want it, unobtrusive if you don't.

What do you mean you don't like waiting three weeks for modders to update everything so you can get back to playing every time there's a minor patch?! That's the best part!
Scholar
#64 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 12:09 AM
Half decent weddings, for once. Weddings have always been kind of meh in all sims versions (minus the cut scenes, but they were always the same thing repeated over and over). Like, its great that you can assign sims to be pianist, DJ, caterer, but why not friends and relatives who have roles in the wedding party? (Flower girl, ring bearer, best man, maid of honor, etc,) Why not a working "red carpet" so you can walk down the isle? Signing of the documents? That'd be awesome.

More hobbies, traits, skills, and careers. I love TS4 but I would like more careers, more traits per sim (in CAS), more things to learn! MORE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. Farming? NO. Gardening sucks and it's boring, there's farmville for that. LOL

Actual lots that can be visited and lived in, on Sixam.

Family reunions. Clubs for family members only.

Visit my sims 4 blog to see updates on my favorite sims: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ Visit my gallery for my latest houses: Spidergirl79 I love TS4 but I am not afraid to be critical of the way the game has been released/developed ect.
Theorist
#65 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
Half decent weddings, for once. Weddings have always been kind of meh in all sims versions (minus the cut scenes, but they were always the same thing repeated over and over). Like, its great that you can assign sims to be pianist, DJ, caterer, but why not friends and relatives who have roles in the wedding party? (Flower girl, ring bearer, best man, maid of honor, etc,) Why not a working "red carpet" so you can walk down the isle? Signing of the documents? That'd be awesome.

More hobbies, traits, skills, and careers. I love TS4 but I would like more careers, more traits per sim (in CAS), more things to learn! MORE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. Farming? NO. Gardening sucks and it's boring, there's farmville for that. LOL

Actual lots that can be visited and lived in, on Sixam.

Family reunions. Clubs for family members only.

Oi now, don't be dissing farming. Like any other skill in the game you don't have to do it, no one says you need to garden if you find it boring. As someone who is phonophobic and not really a fan of music our sound in general, I could argue against your more instruments idea. 3/4 different kinds of vile noisemakers are enough. But instead I'm going to say, oh yeah, someone else might really enjoy that! They should definitely do that!

Farming happens to be one thing that I personally really really want, that and proper cooking with flour and eggs and sugar without y'know having to rely on a mod that breaks most custom food items.

Everything else you said however, yes, spot on. Weddings need to be improved. at the very least be allowed to invite both families to the goddamn wedding. Because seriously what the peri-marital fuck?
Field Researcher
#66 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:47 AM
Quote:

Everything else you said however, yes, spot on. Weddings need to be improved. at the very least be allowed to invite both families to the goddamn wedding. Because seriously what the peri-marital fuck?

And no missing the wedding just because they have to work (okay, that was more of a TS3 problem but still!)
Forum Resident
#67 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakme
And no missing the wedding just because they have to work (okay, that was more of a TS3 problem but still!)

I wish we could make sims RSVP to get an idea how many sims are able to make it instead finding out on the wedding day which guests had to work. And (optional) seating charts!

Scholar
#68 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:37 AM
Weddings: yeah like your bride or groom has to be friends with everyone from their fiancé/fiancée family in order to invite them??? C'mon. Even if everyone sits down they're still an unorganized gong show.

Farming could be a separate pack from just basic gardening OR an active career. Still boring as heck though. Imho, Lmao

I want to be able to have a band and jam with friends and have a career as a singer but that is nothing new so it doesn't count the thread.

I dunno I just really want more careers, ones we've never had before. (And some old ones too)

Visit my sims 4 blog to see updates on my favorite sims: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ Visit my gallery for my latest houses: Spidergirl79 I love TS4 but I am not afraid to be critical of the way the game has been released/developed ect.
Theorist
#69 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:43 PM
Quote:
Farming could be a separate pack from just basic gardening OR an active career. Still boring as heck though. Imho, Lmao

I want to be able to have a band and jam with friends and have a career as a singer but that is nothing new so it doesn't count the thread.

OK OK OK. HOW is watching little people sit down with little instruments and play little songs you can't understand any more engaging than watching little people go around growing little plants to cook little foods you can't eat?

Also if you about farming being a boring active career... politics is already an active career.... WAT?

I don't understand the difference. You're still just sitting there watching while your character does something lengthy and boring. What do you find so much more entertaining about instruments than plants? Don't you -like- plants? They give you food! They help you breathe! Those are good things! :D

And if you recall they had live jamming sessions and a rock-star career in sims 3.... it wasn't exactly game-changing
Field Researcher
#70 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:52 PM
Why can't we have both? Personally, I think it's high time EA provided us with another opportunity to hoedown.
Theorist
#71 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 13th Jul 2017 at 2:23 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindingteeth
Why can't we have both? Personally, I think it's high time EA provided us with an opportunity to hoedown.

I agree we should definitely have both. We should have everything! Spidey is the one who keeps advocating against the one thing I've wanted in the game since I got into the series. Breakin mah hart Ah thawt we wur frands!

I must defend! With all of my hippie integrity.
Scholar
#72 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:54 PM
Quote:
OK OK OK. HOW is watching little people sit down with little instruments and play little songs you can't understand any more engaging than watching little people go around growing little plants to cook little foods you can't eat?

Also if you about farming being a boring active career... politics is already an active career.... WAT?

I don't understand the difference. You're still just sitting there watching while your character does something lengthy and boring. What do you find so much more entertaining about instruments than plants? Don't you -like- plants? They give you food! They help you breathe! Those are good things! :D

And if you recall they had live jamming sessions and a rock-star career in sims 3.... it wasn't exactly game-changing

I f&&&ing love music, like oh my god. It is my literal life. Its my passion.(You can't understand how excited I was when the fiddle came out in Sims 3, and then the crushing disappointment that it didnt really work) How is that hard to understand???? I was so excited by the pipe organ! I thought we literally just had this discussion in another thread? What is fun to one simmer isn't fun to the next one? Of course I love plants and eating them, but am I a farmer in real life? NO!

We can't have a civil conversation about what we'd like to see in the game without taking offense because someone said that they found a feature BORING?

Quote:
I don't understand the difference. You're still just sitting there watching while your character does something lengthy and boring.

You don't understand teh difference? So same shit, different pile? I've always hated gardening in all the sims, too tedious for me to bother. Its all the constant spraying of bugs and weeding, I just dont find time in my sims day to care for their needs. YOU think music is lengthy and boring, I think gardening is lengthy and boring.

Plants end up dying and getting neglected. The only plants that thrive in my game are the ones that are cared for by butlers (at all hours of the night). Even if my sim quit his job to earn money from growing plants, I wouldn't bother, watching the same tedious plant care actions over and over and over is just so boring.

Sorry, what is SO MUCH more entertaining about plants than musical instruments? We've already got g-d damn gardening, (Oh and herbalism) we need farming too? Yeah two can play the "Im going to italicize everything to emphasize my point emphatically" game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindingteeth
Why can't we have both? Personally, I think it's high time EA provided us with another opportunity to hoedown.

For sure.

Theorist
#73 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM
Quote:
I f&&&ing love music, like oh my god. It is my literal life. Its my passion.(You can't understand how excited I was when the fiddle came out in Sims 3, and then the crushing disappointment that it didnt really work) How is that hard to understand???? I was so excited by the pipe organ! I thought we literally just had this discussion in another thread? What is fun to one simmer isn't fun to the next one? Of course I love plants and eating them, but am I a farmer in real life? NO!

We can't have a civil conversation about what we'd like to see in the game without taking offense because someone said that they found a feature BORING?

You don't understand teh difference? So same shit, different pile? I've always hated gardening in all the sims, too tedious for me to bother. Its all the constant spraying of bugs and weeding, I just dont find time in my sims day to care for their needs. YOU think music is lengthy and boring, I think gardening is lengthy and boring.

Plants end up dying and getting neglected. The only plants that thrive in my game are the ones that are cared for by butlers (at all hours of the night). Even if my sim quit his job to earn money from growing plants, I wouldn't bother, watching the same tedious plant care actions over and over and over is just so boring.

Sorry, what is SO MUCH more entertaining about plants than musical instruments? We've already got g-d damn gardening, (Oh and herbalism) we need farming too? Yeah two can play the "Im going to italicize everything to emphasize my point emphatically" game.

For sure.

I never said gardening was more entertaining than music, I'm saying that -- for certain people -- they may be just as entertaining. I don't think it's fair to advocate against something someone else might really want just because it's not your major interest. This is a "What do you want to see in the game?" thread, not a "what might other people want but you're really not into and want to see ignored?" thread

Unless of course someone suggests something that's ridiculously impractical or unrealistic. Then it's okay to have a legitimate discussion about why that might be difficult to implement.

Also i'm a little bit less inclined to vote for music because I have a literal phobia of sound:x
Scholar
#74 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:22 PM
Quote:
I never said gardening was more entertaining than music, I'm saying that -- for certain people -- they may be just as entertaining. I don't think it's fair to advocate against something someone else might really want just because it's not your major interest. This is a "What do you want to see in the game?" thread, not a "what might other people want but you're really not into and want to see ignored?" thread

Unless of course someone suggests something that's ridiculously impractical or unrealistic. Then it's okay to have a legitimate discussion about why that might be difficult to implement.

Also i'm a little bit less inclined to vote for music because I have a literal phobia of sound:x

I've heard someone else on the forum say that too! (Or was it you? I don't think so..) Yeah I can see how you might not want more musical instruments or a music career/pack.

Not fair to advocate against? But people are already like "Noooo, no more musical instruments, boring" ... So just I shouldn't do that?

I just personally don't see how its not already farming, with all the gardening you can do. What would people add to it to make it more, 'farming'?

Quote:
I agree we should definitely have both. We should have everything! Spidey is the one who keeps advocating against the one thing I've wanted in the game since I got into the series. Breakin mah hart Ah thawt we wur frands!

I must defend! With all of my hippie integrity.

You gon be okay? Need to hold hands and talk about it? PS- when I said "Farming no way" I wasn't actually addressing anyone in particular.

Theorist
#75 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:35 PM
Quote:
I've heard someone else on the forum say that too! (Or was it you? I don't think so..) Yeah I can see how you might not want more musical instruments or a music career/pack.

It was probably me, it's not like it's a common phobia. And I never said we shouldn't have a music career/pack even though musical entertainer is technically already in the game. The more careers the better!! The more the merrier!!1one. Music is something that a lot of people would absolutely love to expand on. I think it's a wonderful idea.

I just think that expanding the cooking ingredients to be more realistic (seriously, why is there no lettuce in my salad or eggs in my... uhh... eggs.) and allowing us to grow/mill grains, or raise chickens/milk cows is -also- something that I personally, and perhaps other people -- not you obviously -- might also enjoy as well. A pack that you could definitely chose not to buy. I kinda want my sims to have a pet chicken. Like a cat or dog, but a chicken. Oh my god, pygmy goats! OH MY GOD, TEACUP PIGS!!!

FFS please EA, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

HOW

CAN

YOU

SAY

NO?!

You're a monster.
Page 3 of 8