Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATE]More Real Vampires Version 2 (Update 26/7/18)

by PuddingFace Posted 15th Jul 2017 at 9:06 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2020 at 5:18 AM by PuddingFace : Update

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:13 AM
Brilliant!!! I'm going to give it a whirl!!! Thank you!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:54 PM
Thank you so much!!I really love vampires!Im always happy when someone makes something for them!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:17 PM
Hmm, I wonder why I haven't already downloaded a vampire mod. Oh yea, until now, one didn't do what I wanted it to do. Thanks, I like that they catch fire and die from the sun but not from thirst. Am I understanding right that the firemen will come and put them out? Is that all the time or sometimes and is it just NPCs? Anyway, I downloaded it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
Hmm, I wonder why I haven't already downloaded a vampire mod. Oh yea, until now, one didn't do what I wanted it to do. Thanks, I like that they catch fire and die from the sun but not from thirst. Am I understanding right that the firemen will come and put them out? Is that all the time or sometimes and is it just NPCs? Anyway, I downloaded it.

The firemen thing is something I'm seeing in my game most likely due to Nraas register. I have a lot of Nraas mods installed. Nraas Register deals with role NPCs. The firemen are NPCs in my game.
The firemen come if you're in a Sim owned lot not a community location. The firemen will come to help the Sim regardless of whether they're active Sims or inactive i.e. not in your household.
The firemen feature is from the Nraas mod not my own so I can't give too much detail on it, only what I know.
The thirst death immunity is in the no thirst package. The burning in sun and mind control is in flavor 1,2 and 3.

Hope you have fun using my mod
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:31 PM
Awesome <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:28 PM
been looking for this. my one request would be to make it so you could kill sims by biting them without permission. cause im an asshole. but yeah! great job ^.^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:34 PM
I found two bugs. (Me thinks they're bugs, at least)
1) When you use the Compel to Drink ability, the vampire does not get the "Sated" moodlet after drinking, but does gain the "Sanguine Snack" (when using the ability and feeding on a Hunt target) and also gains the "Drank from a Fairy" moodlet when you use it on a Fairy. So those two special instances give the appropriate moodlet, but you don't get the "Sated" one when drinking on a regular non-fairy/non-hunt target.
2) The "Heating Up" moodlet has no name or description. (Must be because you now employ a custom "Heating Up" moodlet, instead of the actual vanilla one. )

Also two suggestions
1) Could you perhaps add back the cooldown to the "Make Sim think of You", because right now you can just spam that and become instant Best Friends with the target Sim, and that's highly cheat-y. The "Read Mind" ability is fine without a cooldown.
2) Could you make two versions of the "Compel to Drink" ability, one where you drink from their wrist and the other from the neck. Perhaps the wrist one could be a "Compel for Small Drink" and the neck one could be a "Compel for Deep Drink", and the former would give less thirst than the latter. Also the interactions could drain the target of their energy. (Again the the Deep Drink would drain more energy)
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
I found two bugs. (Me thinks they're bugs, at least)
1) When you use the Compel to Drink ability, the vampire does not get the "Sated" moodlet after drinking, but does gain the "Sanguine Snack" (when using the ability and feeding on a Hunt target) and also gains the "Drank from a Fairy" moodlet when you use it on a Fairy. So those two special instances give the appropriate moodlet, but you don't get the "Sated" one when drinking on a regular non-fairy/non-hunt target.
2) The "Heating Up" moodlet has no name or description. (Must be because you now employ a custom "Heating Up" moodlet, instead of the actual vanilla one. )

Also two suggestions
1) Could you perhaps add back the cooldown to the "Make Sim think of You", because right now you can just spam that and become instant Best Friends with the target Sim, and that's highly cheat-y. The "Read Mind" ability is fine without a cooldown.
2) Could you make two versions of the "Compel to Drink" ability, one where you drink from their wrist and the other from the neck. Perhaps the wrist one could be a "Compel for Small Drink" and the neck one could be a "Compel for Deep Drink", and the former would give less thirst than the latter. Also the interactions could drain the target of their energy. (Again the the Deep Drink would drain more energy)

I didn't know about the sated moodlet missing, I'll have to look into it. The heating up thing I tried to fix, adding the moodlet via master controller adds the moodlet with name and description fine. I don't really know why this is happening. I've even asked the modders at Nraas and they too don't know the exact reason for this.

About your suggestions, I'll try making them in the future, kinda busy this week and I'm also working on another mod right now. You know you can compel Sims to be your friend anyway so I thought it's not too big of a deal but yea I'll try changing that for a new flavour.

Hope you have fun using this mod
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:53 PM
Also, Compel for Drink does not fullfil any of the wishes like "Drink from Hunt Target" or "Drink from Sim". I think a better option would be to just have the "Compel to Drink" interaction make the target unable to refuse the "Drink" interaction that is already in the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:54 PM
Oh my goodness, this is amazing! Thank you! <3
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Also, Compel for Drink does not fullfil any of the wishes like "Drink from Hunt Target" or "Drink from Sim". I think a better option would be to just have the "Compel to Drink" interaction make the target unable to refuse the "Drink" interaction that is already in the game.

Yes I'm aware that it doesn't. But I prefer compel to drink cause it properly hypnotizes the target like a Vampire would. There already are mods that make the Drink interaction unrefusable, you can try one of those for now.

In the future versions I will try to make the wishes fullfill. You also don't get the overstuffed moodlet when using compel to drink.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 12:37 AM
Thanks.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 10:49 PM
Do i need both version 1 and 2? or is just getting this one good enough?
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Abby-Cathryn
Do i need both version 1 and 2? or is just getting this one good enough?

No just this one. Have fun using it
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:25 PM
hey my thirst bar doesnt go down at all and my sims never hungry, is there any way to fix it. thank you
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigmomma
hey my thirst bar doesnt go down at all and my sims never hungry, is there any way to fix it. thank you

Hey you said that thirst bar is not going down at all. This is weird. Do you have the sanguine snack moodlet? Which flavour do you have installed? What other mods do you have installed?
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:38 PM
Is it intentional that the game camera swishes to a burning vampire every time they are on fire? While amusing for a while, it got rather annoying. I've got flavor 2.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Is it intentional that the game camera swishes to a burning vampire every time they are on fire? While amusing for a while, it got rather annoying. I've got flavor 2.

Yea I know it's so annoying. The thing is EA programmed the on fire moodlet in such a way that the camera moves whenever there's a fire. I've been trying to change that but was having some difficulties. If you use flavor 3, the Vampires don't burn that often so that might help, they don't burn at all in some days. My exams will be over in December 14 so I will work on a fix after that. Can't guarantee anything but I do have a few ideas on how to fix it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:04 PM
Acording to Dracula by Bram Stoker the vampire will not die from sunlight, but be at his weakest and easier to kill. Could you maybe make a version that drain the vampires energy during the day?
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsSanta
Acording to Dracula by Bram Stoker the vampire will not die from sunlight, but be at his weakest and easier to kill. Could you maybe make a version that drain the vampires energy during the day?

That would take some time. In the future I will do this. I have a lot of stuff in mind to add in the future. I'll add this to the list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 1:31 PM
Can't wait to actually have a daylight ring, my vampire want to explore egypt but not sure that possible at the moment cuz I'm using flavor 1, I really like this mod though, but one thing that bugged me is that no matter how well rested my sims at nighttime sometime they still going to sleep when they ran out of things to do, any chance you can adjust their behavior so that they prefer to sleep during the day?
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dhikaodonk
Can't wait to actually have a daylight ring, my vampire want to explore egypt but not sure that possible at the moment cuz I'm using flavor 1, I really like this mod though, but one thing that bugged me is that no matter how well rested my sims at nighttime sometime they still going to sleep when they ran out of things to do, any chance you can adjust their behavior so that they prefer to sleep during the day?

Thanks. I'm glad you like it yea the daylight ring will be the next thing I do. I already have a few ideas. Maybe for now you can use the sunlight elixir instead. I was planning on making a moodlet that would make vampires gain the energy need at night and become active.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:08 PM
YAY!! Tyvm!! I hope to find a halt mod to stop Sims from accusing me of being a Vampire as if it's a bad thing! Ty
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:18 PM
I think I just found a bug or two, whenever I used my Sunlight Elixirs it just doesn't seem to do anything to my sims, my sims still get heated up in a broad daylight and I spot some of the vampire townies on fire while they are inside the public lot at 8pm.
Page 1 of 4