Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#51 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I was an on-the-fence family player leaning to the negative side before toddlers were released, not only because of them but also because the game lacked 'love to detail'. For some reason they've decided to make 2017 the "We Care For the Little Things"-year (no pun intended). I have a feeling that had to do with the "whining" about how details and depth were missing so although I like the game now, I value every form of feedback.
You want details? After going back to the Sims Stories series after god knows how many years I realised that in sims 2, soft seats used to actually squish under our sims' weight when they sat or 'lounged' (which I didn't realise I missed until I got it back.)

It's the little things.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:08 PM
Hey, you get curtains that move when windows are closed now! Is that still a thing?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#53 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:09 PM
Tbh, anymore I can't play more than five minutes in game (esp after building and CAS) without getting bored as heck and closing it to play Sims 3 or 2. I feel bad because I spent so much money on dlc unfortunately, but I just legit can't bring myself to enjoy the game.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:31 PM
I am actually liking this game. I still have some weird glitchy things going on, but the gameplay has been interesting to me. I never really played toddlers in 2 or 3 (I aged my babies to kids immediately), but the toddlers in this game are really fun to play. I also like the festivals, and the scenery is so pretty. There are some things I still want in my game, like weather and seasons - and I would love to be able to create new worlds - but I like it. I still play the others as well.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:42 PM
LOL. I used to get so upset about some TS4 lovers expressing their love for TS4 AND THEN turning around and smashing other players for having a complaint about this game. What's the point in wanting to bring a positive outlook into the forums when you're turning around and doing the exact opposite? Oh, I'm sorry. I'm supposed to keep quiet and enjoy the game I've spent money on. I'm supposed to not complain about the glitches, how I HAVE to install a mod to avoid culling, and how the response time with sim interactions are atrociously slow. Silly me! Let me pull a rainbow out of my ass and sing "kumbaya" to keep the positive flow! These types of threads are now pure comedy. Oh, and do watch them try "censor" other folks and come up with solutions like separating the forums to spare their feelings. Their feelings cannot handle the negativity. THE WORLD'S GOING TO END!!! You guys! You HAVE to say something nice about The Sims 4 always or else you will regret hurting their feewings!! May all your llamacorns be taken away the more you complain about god...err Sims 4!

Oh, and thank you to the poster above for explaining why you like The Sims 4 without having to bash players or previous games.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 8:30 PM
Hm, if someone finds the TS4 section of MTS "toxic" then that person must visit only heavily filtered lol cats sites and not much else is my conclusion.

Maybe instead of starting the 111th thread about why complaint threads should be banned/moved etc you could initiate interesting discussions about, the game (without passive aggressive baity demands that people post nothing negative, for best possible result)
Forum Resident
#57 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 6:37 AM Last edited by Mondenkind : 26th Jul 2017 at 8:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
You want details? After going back to the Sims Stories series after god knows how many years I realised that in sims 2, soft seats used to actually squish under our sims' weight when they sat or 'lounged' (which I didn't realise I missed until I got it back.)

It's the little things.

Sims 2 is the 'love to detail'-god in the sims series, that's why I never got how some simmers said "I like TS4 because it is more like TS2 than 3". No! It was like a combination of the worst traits of both: limited world+superficial, rushed features.
It's slowly starting to change now. Sims are more aware of what is happening around them. Toddlers are not just thrown in, but well-made. I don't know all the features of a GP before playing it, but find surprising new things.
I still think, it will always feel small contentwise because everything they release just feels like a baby step. Especially the EPs... they only release one once per year and they are not even significantly big improvements to gameplay to make up for that and I guess that's my biggest complaint right now.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 8:18 AM
I love all sims game because they had University Ep. This time, I need to wait to see if Sims 4 gonna make that too. Even I don't have and never played sims 3, watching its university ep trailer had made me super hyped to buy sims 3.

(because college in SEA in RL is boring as hell. their rules are 'study or gtfo from my college'. While I see western college had like party animal and geek house and so on which is sooooo fun, so is Sims game)
Theorist
#59 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
I love all sims game because they had University Ep. This time, I need to wait to see if Sims 4 gonna make that too. Even I don't have and never played sims 3, watching its university ep trailer had made me super hyped to buy sims 3.

By "I love all sims games" you mean 2 and 3, as they were the only ones with University packs, right? But you said you never played 3 so by "All sims games" you mean only 2? But then you said you were hyped to buy Sims 3 but you said you never played it but you love all the games cause of one that... @_@ well hello Mr. President, I almost didn't recognise you.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 10:20 AM Last edited by Kompaktive : 26th Jul 2017 at 10:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
By "I love all sims games" you mean 2 and 3, as they were the only ones with University packs, right? But you said you never played 3 so by "All sims games" you mean only 2? But then you said you were hyped to buy Sims 3 but you said you never played it but you love all the games cause of one that... @_@ well hello Mr. President, I almost didn't recognise you.

I mean I love all sims series. There is some reason I skipped sims 3. I would play it if I'm able to.
EDIT: I've played sims 3 (only base game) on my brother's PC you know.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xiove
Hm, if someone finds the TS4 section of MTS "toxic" then that person must visit only heavily filtered lol cats sites and not much else is my conclusion.

Maybe instead of starting the 111th thread about why complaint threads should be banned/moved etc you could initiate interesting discussions about, the game (without passive aggressive baity demands that people post nothing negative, for best possible result)

Yes, yes, that's all well and good. But this way is far more interesting, I mean, any thread that gets a Doctor Who discussion going is a win in my books :lovestruc
And is it even possible to only visit lol cat sites and heavily filtered sites? You type one wrong thing and bam! bestgore.com pops up. true story.
Theorist
#62 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:03 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 29th Jul 2017 at 10:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by annoellyn
Yes, yes, that's all well and good. But this way is far more interesting, I mean, any thread that gets a Doctor Who discussion going is a win in my books :lovestruc
And is it even possible to only visit lol cat sites and heavily filtered sites? You type one wrong thing and bam! bestgore.com pops up. true story.

I can bring both ideas in your post together in the form of a group who does 3D reconstructions of missing Doctor Who episodes.

@whorecons

You're gonna find something you didn't mean to. :x
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annoellyn

Well, I'm all for a little harmless stirring all in good fun (I mean, even the simmies troll forums, at least the TS3 ones) but you never know with these threads, some really do mean business and not just to start a discussion.

As for the filters, how would I know, I've no need to use any.
Scholar
#64 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:58 AM
I like the Sims 4, but there are some things I miss from 3 that are too important for my gameplay style (colour wheel and less loading screens). Also, I get the impression that the franchise became more expensive with TS4. Based on what you get for an expansion. Then I think the emotions system is a stupid mechanic, but with some mods you can change/ignore it for the most part I've seen.

These are my positive points :
- I love how smooth it runs. Very jealous off this one. I hate laggy gameplay (sims 3 is the only game I ragequit sometimes, I love and hate that game)
- I really like how sims can do things at the same time, like when they are eating and you direct them to sit somewhere they keep doing that and continue chatting too.
- My sister has almost all content by now and I was kind of impressed by those new jobs. I liked how the scientist career works with all the unlocking etc. It almost made me want to play it again (but then, recolours, ugh!) The task list works a lot better for that then with social events imo. This shouldve been done with most jobs.

There are two (for me ) major improvements that could win me over (with TS4 stuff on sale at the same time :p).
1. Colour wheel (I hate hunting down recolours and the colourwheel would let you preview it in the game)
2. Being able to send sims to community locations without having to switch first to there and having more control over them when at a different location instead of that simple menu.

There are many more improvements I could think off (just like in any other sims version), but those are my main things. Also, I keep track of the mods for this game, thanks to my sister nagging me about them and noticed that several pet peeves that I have with TS4, can already be fixed with those.
Page 3 of 3