Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night - posted on 15th Jul 2017 at 7:21 PM
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 312 times.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 6:48 PM
Default Custom lighting in worlds that use default lighting?
Ah yes, my second question in one day. I found instructions on how to change the lighting data for worlds that already use custom lighting, but I want to edit those worlds that use the default "Sunset Valley" base game lighting to a custom one. Currently I am using a lighting mod by dDefinder, but this doesn't play well when I travel to worlds that have different lighting: it interferes with the custom light and I get weird crash-like situations, i.e. the screen turns occasionally one solid colour and I have to use the task manager to exit the game.
So my line of thinking, and it may be totally wrong is, that to solve that I should simply edit the homeworld to custom lights like that of the mod and get rid of the override. Can I do this with S3PE alone?

The worlds I want to change are Sunset Valley, Riverview, Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs and some old custom worlds that still use the default light. My idea is to change Sunset Valley to the mod light, Riverview to that of Appaloosa Plains and Hidden Springs to that of Moonlight Falls or Twinbrook. The custom worlds and Barnacle Bay I haven't decided yet.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 7:08 PM
Don: I do that with all my worlds and yes, you should only need S3PE for it. Just a matter of importing, overwriting and saving. I have never used an override that would apply to all worlds. Of course, you already know to keep a backup of the original world. There are only a few worlds that I had to do additional work like editing the file that changes water murkiness.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:43 AM
Good. So I can start experimenting now.