Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:16 PM
I like it. Plumbots can provide a Bonehilda replacement for cleaning and repairs and gardening as well but they take up 1 of the 8 sims you can have while Bonehilda doesn't. Plumbots make great multi-generational family stewards, imho. I use them for all the routine stuff that involves a lot of repetition.

I don't like the Sentient trait chip. My plumbots only keep it long enough to get Maintenance Master LTW and then they're done and out it comes. The whole "You didn't say please" routine is a bit annoying.

The "trendsetter" and "entertainer" future achievements don't work, as far as I can tell. The One where you donate simolians to the future fund and bot builder do.

The whole alternative futures is the kind of scripted "follow the storyline" game play that I don't like. I did it once. Nah.

The crashed space ship? IMHO, it's a waste of time. You collect this Llama statues. Big whup.

The most irritating thing about ITF is how future clothing gets mixed in with the "present" clothing, and it just looks jumbled. In the future itself it adds to the feeling of "future", but they really needed to keep future clothing out of the present. I mean, the future sims don't wear present clothing, so why does the present get it mixed up?

Usually, after my sim meets his future descendants, he wants to become a monk. It's like how you Universities "Sim Finder" app always gets a fat sim, only worse. Seems decedents are usually no one you want to know. Not always, but often enough where you're better off just visiting a random future sim.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you really have to insult everyone in the thread?

That's a rhetorical question.
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
It's like how you Universities "Sim Finder" app always gets a fat sim, only worse.

That's because your Sim thought they looked thin in their profile picture, but then found out it was just the angle.
This game is pretty realistic sometimes.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#28 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:39 PM
I've always liked ITF. It introduces a cool new way to live in the game. I replaced the future hood with a custom one and recommend it.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your insight! It's currently downloading and I've already archived Oasis Landing as its own world, and lots, and everything. Super excited to start building,
Mad Poster
#30 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Thanks everyone for your insight! It's currently downloading and I've already archived Oasis Landing as its own world, and lots, and everything. Super excited to start building,

Be sure to take lots of screenshots, 'cause I want to see them.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
The "trendsetter" and "entertainer" future achievements don't work, as far as I can tell.

Trendsetter: What's missing? You have to own the lot where the pedestals are placed, "edit" the displayed outfits in CAS and after four Sims bought your stuff you should get a message.
Entertainer: That's because unlike other instruments watching Laser Rhythm-A-Con doesn't advertise fun. There are however some location based motives which do - Dive Bar/Dance Club/Cocktail Lounge/Park/Future Bar as well as Orientation (from UL) and the Future Sim trait.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 3:57 AM
I tried NRAAS Dresser. I didn't like it because:
1) Incessant removal of "invalid" clothing. And then telling me about it like a child that filled the potty.
2) Now I had the opposite problem: it was changing future sims clothes to present world and World Adventures. I should have screen captured the sim it made with the Chinese Straw hat, Egyptian Snake arm band, and knee high Present world socks.

Is there a way to make NRAAS Dresser behave? I fooled with it a bit trying to shut it up and not dress my sims in clown outfits, and couldn't figure it out.
dodgy builder
#35 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

I think you don't understand that the OP asked for opinions, and @bassoon_crazy offered one. Do you really have to insult everyone in the thread?

I am considering purchasing ITF, so am appreciating everyone's comments.

Go get it!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 5:38 PM Last edited by igazor : 1st Aug 2017 at 5:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You can get more information from the NRAAS forums or we can call @igazor and he can add in more details about this.

There are seemingly hostile players on this thread demanding support for a mod I've never used, do not want to use, and do not understand myself. (curls up in the corner mumbling unhappily and eats cookies)

I would suggest the NRaas message board route for better Dresser mod support. My colleagues there know what they are doing with that one.
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:28 PM
Welp, Idk where this thread is going but I'd like to thank the users who helped me find the children's clothing set that made me refuse to play ITF until I had it.
Just throwing that out there.
Page 2 of 2