Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:07 PM
Default Pregnancy/age span survey
Hey guys.

I am making something for the current theme, and I'm not sure what to actually set it to when I share. It would be very helpful to me to get an idea of what kind of mods people use in their games, so I can make sure to make a version that works for the majority.

1. Do you use a pregnancy span mod in your game?
2. If you do, how long are your pregnancies?
3. Do you use an age mod?
4. If you do, how long are the baby and toddler stages?

Thanks very much!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:08 PM
I use an age mod. Infants are still 3 days but toddlers last 6 days before aging up. No pregnancy mods. Good luck!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:17 PM
1. Do you use a pregnancy span mod in your game? yes

2. If you do, how long are your pregnancies? 48 hours

yes

4. If you do, how long are the baby and toddler stages? babies are unchanged, toddlers are 8 days.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#4 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:18 PM
I use Bo's slow aging controller thing. Set to age once a week (on sunday). I usually end up having to suspend the pregnancy for awhile after each bump to make it more realistic so i'd be more interested in a pregnancy span that could compliment that somehow..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:24 PM Last edited by maxon : 9th Aug 2017 at 12:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

Nope - I use Inteen though (adjusted to my age mod) and also Chris Hatch's midwife/hospital mods. Don't know if those would affect you - are you just modding the token?

Yes, all me own work gov.

Actually, I didn't change the babies and toddlers (or kids) - just shortened the teens, lengthened the adults by quite a bit and the overall age length.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#6 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:27 PM
No, I do not currently use a pregnancy span mod, but would love to increase the amount of days now that I use Almighty Hat's lengthy aging mod. The baby age span is 4 days, and toddler age span is 12. I tweaked the other age groups, as the adults had a little more time than I wanted, but the females still have more than enough time to carry a baby for much longer than the default days...even if there are multiple pregnancies.

Looking forward to trying out your new mod. Will it be something we can easily tweak in SimPE (days wise)...should we want a longer or shorter period?

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:33 PM
No preg mod. I use an age mod, but I never set the babies, so regular span for them. Toddlers stay toddlers for as long as I want. (same with all ages)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:38 PM
1: Nope
2: Usually 3 days, if I have the patience. I sometiimes use a mod to speed it up.
3: Nope
4: As long as I want them to be. No need for an age mod with other mods that can adjust ages/days left. I love playing with infants and toddlers, but since I mostly do storytelling, it's perma-Monday, otherwise known as "moving in day" on most of my story lots.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:42 PM
I use a mod to shorten pregnancies to 40 hours. (I would prefer 48, but the one I tried acted funny with Chris Hatch's pregnancy controllers). No aging mods, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#10 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:05 AM
Do you use a pregnancy span mod in your game?
No. Three days works just fine for me. I just think of each day as a trimester.

Do you use an age mod?
Yes! Age mods are new to me just this past week. I got tired of my Sims short Maxis-created lifespans. It always felt like a race to get them a job, have them fall in love, get married and have kids before they were elders. I never felt like I got to know my Sims -- and that is something I really want from this game. (yeah, I'm weird). Also, it seemed odd to me that a Sim was pregnant for 3 days when their entire adult lifespan was only 29 days.

I initially downloaded Nepheris' 2 days = 1 year age span (See Nepheris #1 in the chart below). Nepheris also has a 4 days = 1 year mod (see Nepheris #2 below). The problem with the mod my Sims fertility rate. Apparently, ACR and age mods don't work well together. My Sims fertility plummeted--and with only 25 Sims stranded on an island, I was afraid they'd become extinct. Then I read about Almight Hat's Gestational Age Mod and that it has versions designed to work with (aka modify) ACR. Hat's mod is supposed to be based on a 4 days = 1 year plan, but is quite different from Nepheris' same time frame mod. See below.

I've only just installed the age mod and have not yet had time to age up/age down my current Sims to see how their fertility is affected. I'm hoping to do that in the next day or two. (Read Hat's page for an explanation of why I need to do this). Ideally, I'd prefer my Sims have a shorter childhood, something closer to Nepheris #1, but if Hat's mod will give my Sims a longer life and longer fertility, then I'll stick with it.

I hope this chart retains some of its structure once posted. <fingers crossed> (crossing fingers did not work. Let me try something else)

Maxis:
Baby 3; Toddler 4; Child 8; Teen 15; Adult 29; Elder 9 to 30

Nepheris #1:
Baby 4; Toddler 8; Child 12; Teen 12; Adult 86; Elder 1 to 60

Hat:
Baby 4; Toddler 12; Child 32; Teen 24; Adult 112; Elder 12 to 216

Nepheris #2:
Baby 8; Toddler 16; Child 24; Teen 24; Adult 172; Elder 1 to 120

Nepheris #1: https://nepheris.dreamwidth.org/22990.html
Nepheris #2: https://nepheris.dreamwidth.org/15894.html
Hat's ACR compatible: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/23906.html

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:45 AM
No. From my liking for realistic aging, I suppose that I ought to use a 9 month pregnancy mod, but I'm not nearly a good enough player to keep a pregnant Sim alive that long!

Not Applicable

No. As I think you know, I prefer to just keep aging off until I feel it's time for a Sim to age up

Using Aging Off, I keep them babies or toddlers for as long as I want / seems appropriate. Having said that, I do actually eventually let them age up. Once they reach the child stage they are stuck there for forever and a day! Despite my love of playing teens, I have never yet had a child age up to a teen in my whole game!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:10 AM
Hey guys.

I am making something for the current theme, and I'm not sure what to actually set it to when I share. It would be very helpful to me to get an idea of what kind of mods people use in their games, so I can make sure to make a version that works for the majority.

Thanks very much!

1. No
2. N/A
3. No
4. N/A

I use to for about the first 3-4 years I played but no more it is vanilla game play for me.
The only CC I use anymore if form the Sims 2 Store and "You Are What You Eat -- 12 Delicious Skintones" with all the mods to for clean game play.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:55 AM
Yes. I forget which one, but I actually modified it for use with the age mod in #3.

Uhh, hang on.... *boots up SimPE* ...5 days, 5 hours.

Yes, spyder2k5's StarAge (7-day season version).

Default for the mod, 5 & 10 days, respectively.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Forum Resident
#14 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:56 AM

1. No, but I've considered it - just am not sure what duration I'd like.
2. n/a
3. Yes. I use twojeff's age duration hack, so that my adults have a longer but variable time as adults and I use BO's slow aging controller so that my sims only age 3x/week.
4. Infant stage is unchanged and the toddler stage is about 9 days, unless I use a cake on them. Between a cake and the aging 3x/week, the toddler stage could be from 6 to 11 days depending on the day they aged up to toddler.
Scholar
#15 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:24 AM
I use InTeen, but leave pregnancy at its normal length.

I leave the baby and toddler stages as they are, always aging up at the first opportunity, and just use the Elixir to lengthen the adult life span (one Elixir jar per Sim, so if it works out they get an extra 15 days, but a very unlucky Sim may actually get a shortened life).
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:25 AM
1. Do you use a pregnancy span mod in your game? Yes-lientebollemeis' 18 hour pregnancy mod.
2. If you do, how long are your pregnancies? 18 hours!
3. Do you use an age mod? Yes-Inge's age hack-you set the age limits
4. If you do, how long are the baby and toddler stages? Baby-2 days, toddlers, 3 days

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:54 AM
1. Do you use a pregnancy span mod in your game? Nope
2. If you do, how long are your pregnancies? Same as default, 3 days
3. Do you use an age mod? Nope
4. If you do, how long are the baby and toddler stages? Default. I age them up as soon as the game tells me I can usually

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:56 AM

1. No.
2. Default.
3. Yes.
4. Babies and Toddlers remain default, I only shortened Teen, and lengthened Adult and Elder. I am considering adding one day to Toddler age span.
Instructor
#19 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:10 AM

1. No.
2. N/A
3. Does BO's Slow Aging controller count? If it doesn't, no.
4. I usually leave them on their default amount, but I age them up as soon as they have only one day left.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:19 AM
1. Nope. I don't have a pregnancy span mod. Never saw the use for it really. I do have Inteen. Figure I'll mention that. It's not a span mod, but it's something to take into consideration.
2. I guess I don't need to answer this one...
3. Yes. If you've seen, I use Almighty Hat's Aging mod that has been mentioned before.
4. So this means that my babies have 4 days and my toddlers have 8 days. Each day represents 3 months!

Hope this helps!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
#21 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 7:26 AM
1. Do you use a pregnancy span mod in your game? Yes.
2. If you do, how long are your pregnancies? 18 hours. In my game one day equals one year, so 18 hours is 9 months.
3. Do you use an age mod? Yes.
4. If you do, how long are the baby and toddler stages? The same as the vanilla stages. Like Velvetina I age them up as soon as they have only one day left.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 7:31 AM
Nope.

But I do use aging off.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:19 AM
No pregnancy span or ageing mods here - Maxis defaults for all lengths.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:30 PM
No pregnancy span mod.

Age span mod, yes. Infants: 2 days, Toddlers: 8 days. My whole age span is based on 2 sim days = 1 human year. My adult and elder stages have random components.

I don't mind this, it works for me. Sim pregnancy lasts 1.5 "years" but it's actually okay because that helps balance out the ease with which they get pregnant. Some sims still end up with lots of kids but most of them have a fairly normal amount.

Something I would love for pregnancy if it's possible would be for a random element to be added to the length. So currently it's 75 hours but it would be awesome if that could be modded so it could be anything from 65-85 or something like that. In real life a pregnancy is considered full term up to anything 3 weeks before due date to 1-2 weeks after (depending on your country/hospital's policy for induction). It feels kind of cheaty that sim mothers get to plan exactly to the hour when to expect labour!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:56 PM
No to both questions.

I use aging off at times, as well as the blender to make certain sims 3 days younger/older when it suits me.
Page 1 of 2