Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 59 (Who?), Viewed: 2720 times.
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
I searched up my save name, "Doge eat fruit" I only found the file IN the Sims 3 document, NOT the OneDrive one.
Will reinstalling the game work also?
Instructor
#52 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
I have.

For future use, I advise dowloading s3 package editor. This program was built specifically for dealing with sims 3 package files. Make it your default opener instead.
http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm
Inventor
#53 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
I searched up my save name, "Doge eat fruit" I only found the file IN the Sims 3 document, NOT the OneDrive one.

What do you mean "in the Sims document"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
Will reinstalling the game work also?


Yes, if you have successfully unlinked your OneDrive. No, if you haven't.

It seems a lot of work though with all your EPs. But if you do go that route, after uninstalling, run CCleaner (free version) scan the registry and delete whatever it does. Otherwise, you new install will not work.

I don't have Windows 10, only Windows 7, so I hope it's not too different.

1. If I understand correctly, you have found OneDrive. If you haven't, just do a search for it. If you click on it, there should be a Documents folder. Click on that and see if there is a "The Sims 3" folder. This is what we mean by Games folder.

2. If there isn't one, skip to step 3. If there is, copy/paste this "The Sims 3" folder to your desktop. Windows 10 still has a desktop folder? If not, put it somewhere else where you will find it again on your hard drive.

3. Now, unlink OneDrive as per the instructions @Igazor linked to. It seems the "Hide OneDrive" option is best for Windows 10.

4. Go to Computer --> Users --> yourname --> Documents. Open that. Is there a "The Sims 3" folder in there? If yes, skip to step 5. If not, start a game. Let it run for a few minutes, save and close. You should now have a "The Sims 3" folder in this location.

5. Now copy the following folders from "The Sims 3" folder that you copied from OneDrive into the one from step 4. Replace the ones in there.
Collections, Content Patch, Downloads, (Installed Worlds, World caches, Thumbnails only if you have any custom worlds) Library, Mods, Saves, SavedSims, Dccache, DCbackup.
The last part about copying folders, I'm not too sure about, someone please correct me if I'm missing one.

Delete the cache files in your "The Sims 3" folder
CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

Start your game. Let it run a few minutes. Save. Post your deviceconfig again. It should now say the date when you last ran the game.

Also, so we don't keep on guessing, always tell us exactly where things stopped working or what it is you don't understand. Tell us what you have done and whether it was successful. Thanks.
It might help if you repost your original pictures with the top part that should show the path where the folder is located. That would also save us some guesswork where the folder is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
What do you mean "in the Sims document"?



Yes, if you have successfully unlinked your OneDrive. No, if you haven't.

It seems a lot of work though with all your EPs. But if you do go that route, after uninstalling, run CCleaner (free version) scan the registry and delete whatever it does. Otherwise, you new install will not work.

I don't have Windows 10, only Windows 7, so I hope it's not too different.

1. If I understand correctly, you have found OneDrive. If you haven't, just do a search for it. If you click on it, there should be a Documents folder. Click on that and see if there is a "The Sims 3" folder. This is what we mean by Games folder.

2. If there isn't one, skip to step 3. If there is, copy/paste this "The Sims 3" folder to your desktop. Windows 10 still has a desktop folder? If not, put it somewhere else where you will find it again on your hard drive.

3. Now, unlink OneDrive as per the instructions @Igazor linked to. It seems the "Hide OneDrive" option is best for Windows 10.

4. Go to Computer --> Users --> yourname --> Documents. Open that. Is there a "The Sims 3" folder in there? If yes, skip to step 5. If not, start a game. Let it run for a few minutes, save and close. You should now have a "The Sims 3" folder in this location.

5. Now copy the following folders from "The Sims 3" folder that you copied from OneDrive into the one from step 4. Replace the ones in there.
Collections, Content Patch, Downloads, (Installed Worlds, World caches, Thumbnails only if you have any custom worlds) Library, Mods, Saves, SavedSims, Dccache, DCbackup.
The last part about copying folders, I'm not too sure about, someone please correct me if I'm missing one.

Delete the cache files in your "The Sims 3" folder
CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

Start your game. Let it run a few minutes. Save. Post your deviceconfig again. It should now say the date when you last ran the game.

Also, so we don't keep on guessing, always tell us exactly where things stopped working or what it is you don't understand. Tell us what you have done and whether it was successful. Thanks.
It might help if you repost your original pictures with the top part that should show the path where the folder is located. That would also save us some guesswork where the folder is.
Thanks, I'll try that in the morning.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
What do you mean "in the Sims document"?



Yes, if you have successfully unlinked your OneDrive. No, if you haven't.

It seems a lot of work though with all your EPs. But if you do go that route, after uninstalling, run CCleaner (free version) scan the registry and delete whatever it does. Otherwise, you new install will not work.

I don't have Windows 10, only Windows 7, so I hope it's not too different.

1. If I understand correctly, you have found OneDrive. If you haven't, just do a search for it. If you click on it, there should be a Documents folder. Click on that and see if there is a "The Sims 3" folder. This is what we mean by Games folder.

2. If there isn't one, skip to step 3. If there is, copy/paste this "The Sims 3" folder to your desktop. Windows 10 still has a desktop folder? If not, put it somewhere else where you will find it again on your hard drive.

3. Now, unlink OneDrive as per the instructions @Igazor linked to. It seems the "Hide OneDrive" option is best for Windows 10.

4. Go to Computer --> Users --> yourname --> Documents. Open that. Is there a "The Sims 3" folder in there? If yes, skip to step 5. If not, start a game. Let it run for a few minutes, save and close. You should now have a "The Sims 3" folder in this location.

5. Now copy the following folders from "The Sims 3" folder that you copied from OneDrive into the one from step 4. Replace the ones in there.
Collections, Content Patch, Downloads, (Installed Worlds, World caches, Thumbnails only if you have any custom worlds) Library, Mods, Saves, SavedSims, Dccache, DCbackup.
The last part about copying folders, I'm not too sure about, someone please correct me if I'm missing one.

Delete the cache files in your "The Sims 3" folder
CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

Start your game. Let it run a few minutes. Save. Post your deviceconfig again. It should now say the date when you last ran the game.

Also, so we don't keep on guessing, always tell us exactly where things stopped working or what it is you don't understand. Tell us what you have done and whether it was successful. Thanks.
It might help if you repost your original pictures with the top part that should show the path where the folder is located. That would also save us some guesswork where the folder is.
Wait- do you have to delete your expansion packs for this to work?
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
Wait- do you have to delete your expansion packs for this to work?

No. We are talking strictly about the TS3 user game folder here. Expansion packs are program installs and not part of any of this; the EPs are entirely in Program Files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
No. We are talking strictly about the TS3 user game folder here. Expansion packs are program installs and not part of any of this; the EPs are entirely in Program Files.
Oh, ok.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:18 PM
It still does not work, will deleting and reinstalling the game work?
Inventor
#59 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:05 AM
As I said before in post #53. Unlikely.

So, what steps have you taken?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#60 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 1:01 AM
Ugh, forget it!
Page 3 of 3
Back to top