Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

What Mood Again? - String Edits for the Forgetful

by DemonOfSarila Posted 4th Sep 2017 at 10:04 AM - Updated 5th Aug 2019 at 3:14 PM by DemonOfSarila : Akin made a Portuguese version :)

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:45 AM
Thank you so much! Goodbye alt tabbing!! Well, maybe not entirely, but mostly. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 1:44 PM
I also have memory problems and I love this mod! I especially love how you explained computer strings!!! Cracked me up!!! I think it'd be lovely if you used more computer "strings" to "craft" additional explanations for those of us who have these memory impairments! (See what I did there?) ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:46 PM
What a terrific idea! It will make me use some objects more often.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 6:10 PM
Thank you! I have the same problem. This will help out soooo much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:02 PM
Love it! Thanks for sharing your mod with us!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:58 AM
I wanted ask about that ani stress option if it removes only tense or also sadness? it'd be lovely if we could cure sad moods by this item too
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
I wanted ask about that ani stress option if it removes only tense or also sadness? it'd be lovely if we could cure sad moods by this item too

I did some testing, and the incense "Soothing Sage [AntiStress]" does not help sadness. I'm going to change it to say "Soothing Sage [Happy/AntiTense]" in the next version so it's clearer. Soothing Sage helps remove tension moodlets according to Carl's Guide (I'm pretty sure I've seen it do that in game, I can't find a cheat code to cause tense moodlets to verify/test).
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 4:05 PM
this mod crashes my library. I took it out after adding it and problem went away. No exception report or anything, just CTD.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM
I really love the idea of this mod, but I had an issue where the text string would show up in random places, specifically in the text of buffs.

I can't tell if it's a bug or if it's conflicting with another mod or mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM Last edited by DemonOfSarila : 6th Sep 2017 at 12:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sojustsing
I really love the idea of this mod, but I had an issue where the text string would show up in random places, specifically in the text of buffs.
I can't tell if it's a bug or if it's conflicting with another mod or mods.

It's a boo-boo on my part. Here, I'll upload the fix.
Edit: Fix has been uploaded as ver2. Please remove the old file and replace it with this new package file and the problem will go away.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nomadjc
this mod crashes my library. I took it out after adding it and problem went away. No exception report or anything, just CTD.

The public library? The my library tab in the gallery? A library lot you built? Sorry, I'm guessing the gallery, but I just want to be sure of what you mean.

Have you tried:
-repairing the game via origin?
-running your game with only this mod and no other mods?
-A new save file?
Also, you have Spa Day, right?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:59 PM
was just about to report the same time but imma check the fix and see if it helps
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 7:03 PM
Thanks for the update! Really makes you want to revisit the wellness skill.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonOfSarila
The public library? The my library tab in the gallery? A library lot you built? Sorry, I'm guessing the gallery, but I just want to be sure of what you mean.

Have you tried:
-repairing the game via origin?
-running your game with only this mod and no other mods?
-A new save file?
Also, you have Spa Day, right?

Basically, what happens is I go into the gallery, then to the "my library" tab. I scroll down about half way and the game just totally freezes. I DID repair via origin, I have all the expansions, I tried a new save. There IS the possibility that this could be conflicting with a different mod as I generally run quite a few. I took this mod out and the problems went away. Just wanted to let you know that there MAY be issues for some.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:43 AM
Does this only work with Spa Day?
I have decoration items that say I can enable them to influence moods, but I don't know what moods. Will this work with the base game alone and/or other packs?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
Does this only work with Spa Day?
I have decoration items that say I can enable them to influence moods, but I don't know what moods. Will this work with the base game alone and/or other packs?

Right now I've only added the moods for the small number of things for Spa Day. It's a bit of a manual process, as each [Mood] has to be added individually. I've started adding some of the ones for the base game, but it's going to take a lot of time, and I can't promise I'll finish it.

Quote: Originally posted by nomadjc
There IS the possibility that this could be conflicting with a different mod as I generally run quite a few. I took this mod out and the problems went away. Just wanted to let you know that there MAY be issues for some.

If you rather just not use this mod nomadjc, that's up to you. I can help you if you want, but it's your sims so it's up to you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 6:55 PM
thanks you so very much. thanks thanks thanks
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 8:06 AM
I wonder if anyone of you have the string for the Food/Drink aspiration turned to Korean in CAS? I am testing mod by mod to see which one could have changed it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:38 AM
Thank god I'm not the only hopelesslylookingupthings simmer!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:10 PM
Me who loves the scents I am really well served, in my life every day I put and there I am even able to share my sim!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:37 PM
Does it work with Pets and Dogs?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:35 PM
what one we download
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hmussoi
Does it work with Pets and Dogs?

I haven't made a file for the stringes added by Cats & Dogs. But having Cats & Dogs installed won't stop you from using this mod. So like yes and no? This mod will work even if you have Cats & Dogs, but any new mood-changing things added my Cats & Dogs won't be labeled with said mood/s.

Quote: Originally posted by GrumpySuzy
I wonder if anyone of you have the string for the Food/Drink aspiration turned to Korean in CAS? I am testing mod by mod to see which one could have changed it.

Ok you posted this a long time ago, but for the record, no part of my game is any other language. Including the food/drink aspiration in CAS.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Paola3 : 18th Apr 2019 at 1:10 AM. Reason: Spelling error.
Does this work with the latest update? Thanks.
Page 1 of 2