Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED FOR 1.36 11-16-17] Entertainer Career Expanded! Work from Home + 2 new branches

by duderocks Posted 13th Sep 2017 at 7:07 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2017 at 2:57 AM by duderocks : Added Get to Know assignments in all 4 specialized branches

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:03 PM
this is so cool we need more career options I might mention it on Sims4Studio page could you perhaps add actor branch too? such playing in the movies? pretty pls...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
this is so cool we need more career options I might mention it on Sims4Studio page could you perhaps add actor branch too? such playing in the movies? pretty pls...

I've considered this, but I want something that integrates deeply with EA's existing skills and interactions, and I can't really find any interactions that will differentiate an actor branch with the other Entertainer branches, especially with the work from home option present.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM
This is such a great and needed mod!! Thank you so much! <3
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:20 PM
It would be pretty cool if some of the promotion/work from home tasks also included things like meeting people, talking to other people with entertainment careers, and meeting new people at lounges/clubs, etc. since so much of being an entertainer also comes down to fame and marketing.
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
I've considered this, but I want something that integrates deeply with EA's existing skills and interactions, and I can't really find any interactions that will differentiate an actor branch with the other Entertainer branches, especially with the work from home option present.
I'm so depressed, gotta go and make that career myself somehow, knowing my skills it'll take me few years or more
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebonyx
It would be pretty cool if some of the promotion/work from home tasks also included things like meeting people, talking to other people with entertainment careers, and meeting new people at lounges/clubs, etc. since so much of being an entertainer also comes down to fame and marketing.

The main entertainer branch actually has these tasks. I can add these to the specialized branches in the next update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 3:11 PM
Sorry to ask, just a bit confused. Which of the three in downloads is the latest?
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rhaven
Sorry to ask, just a bit confused. Which of the three in downloads is the latest?

1.2 is the latest
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:29 PM
Thank you so much for this! I wanted to make a separate career for dj and singing on my own but your idea to expand existing entertainer career is so much better!! This is perfect, exactly what I needed in my game :) Thanks a lot!

By the way - I was working already for some time on the singing aspiration (couldn't finish because of lack of time). Once it's completed could I maybe make one version connected to your mod by giving as objective starting a singing branch? :)
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
The main entertainer branch actually has these tasks. I can add these to the specialized branches in the next update.

Cool, thanks so much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:06 AM
Wow, I've been wanting something like this for a while. Great job! :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IlkaVelle
Thank you so much for this! I wanted to make a separate career for dj and singing on my own but your idea to expand existing entertainer career is so much better!! This is perfect, exactly what I needed in my game Thanks a lot!

By the way - I was working already for some time on the singing aspiration (couldn't finish because of lack of time). Once it's completed could I maybe make one version connected to your mod by giving as objective starting a singing branch?

Sure thing! I love your Perfectly Balanced aspiration and will definitely use whatever aspiration you come up with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 8:02 PM
Thank you the singer career was always my fave career & I searched for one since the release of Sims 4 . Thank you sooooooo much ♥
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:37 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:06 PM
This is a fantastic mod! Perhaps you could add a dancer career as well since there's a dancing skill in GT? That would be awesome!
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheivz
This is a fantastic mod! Perhaps you could add a dancer career as well since there's a dancing skill in GT? That would be awesome!

I actually have a dancer branch planned, but still deciding whether to add it as part of Entertainer or Athletic career. Hehehe
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 1:22 AM
Thank you so so much! It was such a waste of an opportunity that they didn't include these option in the base game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:34 PM
I have a sim doing the singer branch, but I'm having trouble with some of the daily tasks completing. I have so far been unable to complete "level up in pipe organ skill" when working from home, or "practice singing" I've tried that from both the sim herself and on a mic stand. Any suggestions?

Thank you for the mod though, I was glad to see the singing and DJ skills actually put to use.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sheyoni
I have a sim doing the singer branch, but I'm having trouble with some of the daily tasks completing. I have so far been unable to complete "level up in pipe organ skill" when working from home, or "practice singing" I've tried that from both the sim herself and on a mic stand. Any suggestions?

Thank you for the mod though, I was glad to see the singing and DJ skills actually put to use.

Thanks for the feedback. I already fixed the pipe organ skill in the latest version (v1.2).

Re. practice singing, is this the work from home assignment or the "Practice singing" daily task? If it's the latter, the daily task IS broken, unfortunately and I'm still looking for a fix. The DJ daily task also has the same problem. If this is the work assignment I'll look into it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 2:29 PM
Not sure if the new career paths actually work yet given the career cheat doesn't work for the entertainer career when this mod is installed.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 3:03 PM
Scratch that, it makes all career cheats unusable.
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 6:54 PM
Just to confirm, this mod would conflict with Zerbu "Turbo Career" mod right ?
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 6:32 AM
Can you add a basketball career to the athletic career, and add a rapper career and dancer career with the entertainment career? thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:16 AM
<3
Page 1 of 3