Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ExtraReal graphics shader

by AGuyCalledPi Posted 18th Sep 2017 at 3:28 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2017 at 3:47 PM by GrijzePilion : Fixed an issue where assets would fail to load under certain circumstances

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 4:13 PM
OMGOMGOMG looks like magic! Definetely will check it in my game!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:57 PM
Holy. Crap.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:06 PM
Hi, I've got an nvidia geforce GTX 950M graphics card. Will it handle it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
Hi, I've got an nvidia geforce GTX 950M graphics card. Will it handle it?

I'd suggest sticking to the Medium quality version. You should probably judge for yourself if you think your performance is good enough or not.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 8:31 PM
Holy f*cking beautiful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:04 PM
Holy cow...this looks incredible! I can't wait to install this. Thank you so much :)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:13 AM
Wow! What about the Radeon 7570 HD?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:28 AM
I wonder if there's a way to port subsurface scattering from TSM to TS3?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pjsutton
Wow! What about the Radeon 7570 HD?

I'm afraid that isn't going to work out. From what I can tell, it's well below the recommended GPU specifications....
Quote: Originally posted by PhenomIIFX
I wonder if there's a way to port subsurface scattering from TSM to TS3?

There probably is, and I've been exploring the possibilities of modding TS3's lighting engine anyway, so I'll definitely look into porting it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
#12 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:09 PM
This is awesome! But what I don't like about reshade is, that it does also change the UI menus and such (I tried it with Sims 4).

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 2:31 PM
I got the same error messages as nitromon after unpacking 'TS3_ExtraReal_High'. I have a GTX970. I'll try medium and hope it works, because it looks really nice!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:03 PM
Can this be used with lighting mods?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Can this be used with lighting mods?

Yeah. Conflicts with lighting mods are not possible.
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I got the same error messages as nitromon after unpacking 'TS3_ExtraReal_High'. I have a GTX970. I'll try medium and hope it works, because it looks really nice!

I'll look into it.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:19 PM
Never knew Bridgeport would look so beautiful with your version of shader.....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:52 PM
Okay, so I looked into the error message a bunch of you had been getting.
Turns out I'd messed up a file path somewhere. So that's fixed now.

insert signature here
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:24 PM Last edited by Camcam1213 : 19th Sep 2017 at 7:03 PM.
Hi! Thank you so much for this mod! It looks great! I just hope my Intel card will like it too... (I'm crossing my fingers right now)
EDIT: Well, my game didn't crash but the mod makes my game look like it's cloudy/blurred... But I'm playing on a laptop so it might be the cause.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:18 PM
Well, my game is crashing, even with the fixes... I can't even reach the Main menu ê_é
The screen goes dark while loading the game (as usual), and then there is vaguely something written top left... and then it crashes.

I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 so I don't think this is the problem.
Just to be sure : we have to put the two files and the folder into the folder "Bin" of the Sims 3 Base Game, that's right ?
Maybe I'm missing something ?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:26 PM
Woot! GTX 980 is just good enough to squeek by here. Seriously considering returning to Sims 3 these days, so this is a nice boost to the graphics that irk me. Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pierre-8
Well, my game is crashing, even with the fixes... I can't even reach the Main menu ê_é
The screen goes dark while loading the game (as usual), and then there is vaguely something written top left... and then it crashes.

I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 so I don't think this is the problem.
Just to be sure : we have to put the two files and the folder into the folder "Bin" of the Sims 3 Base Game, that's right ?
Maybe I'm missing something ?

That's very odd. And yes, you've put the file right where it needs to go. So that can't be the problem. Maybe a stupid question, but are you on a laptop by any chance?

insert signature here
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:44 PM
Ohh, wow! Thank you very much for this incredible mod! :o
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
That's very odd. And yes, you've put the file right where it needs to go. So that can't be the problem. Maybe a stupid question, but are you on a laptop by any chance?

Yes I am on a laptop... can it be a cause ? x)
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pierre-8
Yes I am on a laptop... can it be a cause ? x)

I'm on a laptop, don't have the fanciest graphics card and my game didn't crash so far.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:21 PM
These shaders are known to be fussy about laptops. The ReShade devs have stated, as a rule of thumb, that their postprocessor is incompatible with ALL laptops, but that's not quite true.
It'll work fine on some laptops, and it won't work at all on others. It works on mine, but only after a 2-minute-something loading time. So the only way to know how your laptop will handle it is to try. And unfortunately, there's no known way to fix it if it doesn't work on yours.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 6