Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:18 PM
I just remember this: I was playing a lot where the woman was the owner of an OFB lot I wanted images of and in order to get this screen dumps H ad to play the family. Anyway the woman and her husband were home and the maid (I do not think it's the correct word if it's a male but whatever) arrived. I did the mistake of sending the lady of the house of to take a bath because she needed it but the cleaner was in the bathroom and she did shoo him out. So he stood outside and waited while she did take her bath. And. the. game. went. on. like. this. until. she. was. done. And than everything did run as normal. Um, say what?
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:11 AM
SIMelissa--yup, like they said, custom eyes glitch like that fairly often. The best one of those I ever got was after one sim gossiped to another sim about their SO. The one being gossiped to got the glitch right after they finished, so he had those glitched eyes (but in brown), with the over-extended "gasp" mouth (while on CLOSE-UP, no less). It looked like he was about to swallow the gossiper's soul for talking shit about his boyfriend!

The absolute funniest glitch I have ever gotten to this day was a delayed "lecture"-action glitch. Apparently the female half of a couple had decided to chew out the male half of the couple over some little thing, but the lecture action didn't show up in her queue (that, or I was following the guy, this was from a few years ago after all). However, before she could, ACR kicked in, so they had a nice little woohoo in bed, then, after they'd both gotten re-dressed, she immediately stomps around to the other side of the bed and chews out the guy, making it look like her complaints were about, erm, "something else."
Mad Poster
#28 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:45 PM
Not that I can't think of, other than that green premade rowhouse (is that how they're called?) Apartment that causes a glitch where the residents had a stack of books glued to one of their hands. It only shows up on the current sim's household your playing (I only have in total two sims for each household (which is the number that can resided up to), so I don't know whenever this applies to all members of the household that live there).
Forum Resident
#29 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:42 PM
Well, I just had a baby born without a head.

I think the issue was that I have Chris Hatch's genetic baby hair, and this baby was somehow born with custom hair. She's fine when I age her up to toddler. And I fiddled with SimPE to correct her hair, so she has a head now. This is probably the weirdest glitch I've ever gotten. Looked really creepy. Her twin sister was fine.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:44 PM
I don't think you can have both types of hair @inspiredzone Also are you sure that hair isn't TheRavern's?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:43 AM
A few more glitches:

1. Occasionally, when Sims get interrupted while trying to ACR woohoo, they forget to put their clothes back on. One of my Sims was making out with his wife/girlfriend (forgot which) on the bed when the carpool came up. He jumped up and ran to the car naked. Surprised he didn't get fired. I'm suspecting some hack conflict here, but it's funny enough to not bother troubleshooting.

2. I saved just as a witch returned home from a community lot, and then installed a hack that did a reset. ACR kicked in, and, uh, I have the feeling this wouldn't be quite as funny if they weren't both females:

3. My self-Sim once stole a puppy. It came back when I reloaded the lot.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#32 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
1. Occasionally, when Sims get interrupted while trying to ACR woohoo, they forget to put their clothes back on. One of my Sims was making out with his wife/girlfriend (forgot which) on the bed when the carpool came up. He jumped up and ran to the car naked. Surprised he didn't get fired. I'm suspecting some hack conflict here, but it's funny enough to not bother troubleshooting.

I've witnessed this myself lately while at a college dorm. A couple dormies would attempt to start woohooing on the couch, but when one of them needed to go to class, he/she will just get up and leave the lot naked (unless it's winter and they spin into their winter wear when stepping out).

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Forum Resident
#33 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't think you can have both types of hair @inspiredzone Also are you sure that hair isn't TheRavern's?

No, I only have Chris Hatch's. Her maternal grandmother was a CAS sim with custom hair, and I think it was her mother's recessive color, so it was just an error.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:04 PM
This strange glitch with the character, has appeared recently and I do not know from what, but this glitch is not only for him already ...
Came from work, sent to the shower. From the shower he got out and became ...
https://youtu.be/GA-2CC14X-E

And when that was the hope that this family can be returned, but no. Corruption has finally been killed ..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:08 PM
@Uri-simka - Looks like you ran out of video memory there. It can happen with extended game session. Restarting the game usually fixes it, but if it happens a lot there are tutorials to increase the video memory.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:19 PM
Hmm, the thing is that restarting ires would not be one time. We moved (this is already so in the new house). tried hoodchecker, helped, but not for long. In other cities, everything works more steadily. I even feel sorry for them ... It was very interesting to play ..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:14 AM
I was looking through screenshots when I remembered this one. For some reason, when I was playing Chester Gieke, my self-Sim became rather fascinated with him:

After she wet herself, she walked up to his bed, tried to say goodbye, and then went back to her apartment.

Forum Resident
#38 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:55 PM
This is still my favorite glitch

On a more serious note....I had a male sim invite his college-aged girlfriend over for a little fun. After the woohoo, I heard the pregnancy chime. I was thinking 'no way, it's just a glitch with the chime'. Nope, when I went to her dorm, she was pregnant. Her pregnancy continued as normal, she had the baby, and when she left, the baby left with her. They are in the family bin waiting for me to move her in with her boyfriend. She was allowed to get pregnant due to inteen - so that part wasn't a glitch.

Another one happened in an apartment. The male sim called over his college-aged girlfriend for a visit. After they ate, he was cleaning up and she left his apartment. I looked for her everywhere and could not find her. Thinking she just left, I had him call her on the phone, but she wasn't an option to call because she was supposedly already there. I tried calling her to meal but she didn't show up - even though it had been hours and she had to have been hungry. She just disappeared. I tried to get rid of off-world visitors, force errors, and clear off non-residents. None of those worked either. He still couldn't call her on the phone. She is in her dorm, so she didn't disappear from the game - thank goodness. Now I wonder what's going to happen when she graduates and I move her in with him.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:33 PM
@venusking - did your Sim visit another apartment during the visit? Sometimes visiting Sims can get trapped inside when a playable Sim exits and it fades out. Visit the apartment again.

Forum Resident
#40 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:51 PM
Yeah, that was my thought too, but I tried that - getting out of the lot and going back in - same problem. I'm just hoping that nothing will go wrong when I move her in. In the past, I have left a lot with a sim still on it, then later moved them in. It worked fine, but with the sim disappearing, who knows?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:44 PM
I wouldn't call it "the strangest", but it's one of the 'strange' one's. Also, I'll admit: I snicker while watching the video right after I uploaded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxx7uGDcNQY
Inventor
#42 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:48 AM
The strangest glitch I had was the Deadly Subhood of SSU. For some reason, every time I attached it to a neighborhood, it'd cause all of the sims in it to disappear! The Characters file evidently had the SSU premades in it yet none of their sim references appeared in HoodChecker or SimPE.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:37 PM
@Sketching - I would probably chalk that up to a messed up neighbourhood template.

Anyways, here's another one I remember from the early days of Black Mesa, when i had just an unpatched and completely unmodded copy of Double Deluxe. I had two Sims who were preparing to have their first child. One day, the husband was off at work and the wife began giving birth. "There are TWO new babies in the family!" was quite a surprise.

What was even more surprsing is that, after putting the second baby on the floor, she continued to give birth. Over and over and over. Babies kept coming out! It got to around 10 infants laying on the floor before I quit to neighborhood (I couldn't save) and reloaded. It worked properly the second time.

Inventor
#44 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Sketching : 15th Oct 2017 at 8:17 PM. Reason: forgot an important word :b
@ihatemandatoryregister Gives a new meaning to baby factory!

The story behind that glitch was:

I moved out all of my clean neighborhood templates and replaced them with Jawusa's empty ones so that I could edit the lots and reuse them in other hoods. When I moved the clean ones back in, the game refused to register the SSU template and turned it into a deadly weapon of mass destruction instead. No other templates were damaged, and even redownloading new ones didn't fix it. It was on a previous install at least.
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:15 PM
My female sim appeared topless in the family loading screen even though her clothing has always been the same. Awkward : V
Mad Poster
#46 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:21 PM
Tarusama, you reminded me of a glitch I've been seeing recently:

There is something going on with my default replacement for the sundress that makes it look odd in the loading screens.

Here's what it looks like in live mode on Stella Terrano
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...7Stellalive.jpg

But this is what it looks like on the loading screen

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...3Stellaload.jpg
Scholar
#47 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:43 PM
I sometimes have weird things happening to clothes when the family portrait gets updated without playing that family (for example when I join households), but then it gets back to normal when I do play those sims. It can also get glitchy when the flashing pink problem occurs and I load the family after restarting the game (I always immediately save and quit when I notice something flashing pink).

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Link Ninja
#48 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I sometimes have weird things happening to clothes when the family portrait gets updated without playing that family (for example when I join households), but then it gets back to normal when I do play those sims. It can also get glitchy when the flashing pink problem occurs and I load the family after restarting the game (I always immediately save and quit when I notice something flashing pink).

I used to get a lot of flashy pink but then it was explained to me my graphics card had run out of memory (especially if I keep my computer on for WEEKS without shutting down), and I think there's a video on youtube about it. Usually just restarting the computer will help clear it up.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#49 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I used to get a lot of flashy pink but then it was explained to me my graphics card had run out of memory (especially if I keep my computer on for WEEKS without shutting down), and I think there's a video on youtube about it. Usually just restarting the computer will help clear it up.

Well, my game just refuses to use more than a bit over 1 GB video memory, while I have 4 GB. I had a topic in the help section and I have done several things, and for some time it seemed it stopped, but then it happened again. It doesn’t happen each time I play, just every now and then, and I think it’s influenced by me using the cheat to show the whole hood in the lot view as it’s never happened before, even on my old PC with 20 GB CC. It’s not a big issue as reloading the game fixes it, but it feels like a waste that the game never uses the whole card memory, which would probably prevent the glitch from happening.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Scholar
#50 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:06 AM
I have recently gained a glitch where babies have no nappies in the birth cinematic but do in the regular part of the game. A bit too realistic for my tastes (50/50, here I come...)
Page 2 of 15