Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:38 PM
No one has brought up the connection between breast feeding and brain development? That is an advantage. It's not about judgement because people do what they have to, if they need to work, or are unable or not healthy enough or if a baby is adopted.

https://news.brown.edu/articles/2013/06/breastfeeding

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
No one has brought up the connection between breast feeding and brain development? That is an advantage. It's not about judgement because people do what they have to, if they need to work, or are unable or not healthy enough or if a baby is adopted.

https://news.brown.edu/articles/2013/06/breastfeeding

Interesting, that's the first I've heard of this study.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Interesting, that's the first I've heard of this study.
I'm fairly certain there's been more than one study on it. This connection was written about frequently in parenting magazines when my child was an infant (25 + years ago) as well as given as a reason to at least attempt breast feeding by doctors.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#29 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:55 AM
I just started working on a mod that adds an interaction to the game to breastfeed toddlers. I will upload it when it's finished.

Also toddlers are also considered at the ages of 1 years to school age of around 4. So there are lots of toddlers who are breastfed from the ages 1-2. they usually get weaned off around 2yrs.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Forum Resident
#30 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
I just started working on a mod that adds an interaction to the game to breastfeed toddlers. I will upload it when it's finished.

Also toddlers are also considered at the ages of 1 years to school age of around 4. So there are lots of toddlers who are breastfed from the ages 1-2. they usually get weaned off around 2yrs.

hi polar did you ever finish this i would love this x

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:34 PM
Default great idea
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
For me, the issue wasn't about health, but it not being a necessity due to having an alternative. A woman isn't required to breastfeed as long and can ween the child off of breastfeeding faster. Technically, but giving a baby a bottle, it gives her more time to do whatever else she either needs or wants to do. Not so much healthier, but I doubt the FDA is calling baby formula a detriment to a child's overall health, growth, and development, but a woman can still pump her own breast milk into a bottle if she wishes.

Who is shaming breastfeeding? I haven't seen anyone shame breastfeeding, but we all just have different opinions about when to stop. Everyone here seems pro-breastfeeding.

Eureka a novel idea. breast milk in sippy cups for the choice in toddlers. I breastfed my 4 children up to 1 year. it was more choice when to wean since I needed to return to work. I believe this pumping is a doable mod idea. object create a pump applying tuning animations for like 20 sim sec. certain foods mom eats can be applied such as super milk, or garlic scent waves etc.
Instructor
#32 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:43 PM
Why did this simple thing turn into a breastfeeding debate lol

I think it should be possible in the game, but then again I'm a mother of 3 who breastfed all of my children and is still breastfeeding a 6-month-old. To me, it's about personal preference of mother and child. Anyway, I doubt they would add it to the game because of the OBVIOUS debate over it all that's clearly shown in this thread lol
Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 6:43 PM
If thath mod existed I would download it.
Instructor
#34 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 7:12 PM
When I worked in early years, we'd support mothers who wanted to breastfeed beyond the typical 6-12 months, and it was common for some mothers to continue breastfeeding well into toddlerhood for many reasons. There are so many benefits from breastfeeding that can positively affect both mother and child into early childhood if that's what the mother and child want. More often than not, the child would stop themselves because eventually food is sustenance enough anyway. We are so squeamish about breastfeeding for some reason when it's one of the most natural things in the world.
Theorist
#35 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
hi polar did you ever finish this i would love this x

Not yet, it's glitchy when the sim picks up the toddler. Haven't figured out how to fix that. Other than that it works.

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

Theorist
#36 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:21 PM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 11th Aug 2018 at 6:59 PM.
I currently have a Beta version of a Breastfeeding Toddler mod on my Discord channel. There is an invite to my discord in my signature.

Page 2 of 2