1st Oct 2017 at 3:11 PM
Last edited by kusurusu : 5th Oct 2017 at 1:09 PM.
Other Sims may wear anything they want from all packs (except KPST) but with Rosetta I'm trying to keep the upload file as small as possible (that's also the reason why her face looks like this) and she never wore customized clothing again since I discovered how much you can save by using defaults. For a long time she even had just one outfit (empire sundress) and everything else was randomized.
It depends on several factors:
1) What time is the character living in? My legacy founder will be living in the 1850s, and, of course, will be poor, so I picked some peasant-looking outfits for her, with low hemlines, of course. The fabrics look somewhat worn and faded.
2) The sim's favorite color. They get positive moodlets from being in a room decorated with their favorite color, but not from clothes, unfortunately; however, it is much harder to use those bold, saturated colors for most interiors; they often look better on clothes. It doesn't mean that all clothes should be in one color, especially if their favorite color is something really bold, like hot pink or lime. However, on a swimsuit or a t-shirt they usually look fine.
3) The sim's traits, occupations, LTWs, and interests. I don't like shallow stereotypes, such as putting glasses on all sims with Genius or Nerdy traits, or dressing all Flirty females in miniskirts; however, sometimes it is not about stereotypes, but about common sense. For example, if a sim Loves Outdoors and spends a lot of time gardening, he or she needs something practical and "outdoorsy" as their everyday outfit; if a sim is poor, and has no traits like Snob or Diva, no need to give them outfits that look really expensive (the only exception can be formalwear)
4) I don't like high heels (wedges are fine, unless they are really high), most of my sim girls have practical footwear that doesn't look like it could kill their legs. Again, a pair of high-heeled shoes to go with a formal dress are ok for some sims, but that's it.
5) I have a pet peeve about non-simlish writings in my game. I don't download clothes with something written in English on them, especially if the writing is very large and noticeable - only Simlish for the sim world. This is why I also don't use some Diesel SP items.
6) I am not a big fan of too "girly" clothes.