Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 79 (Who?), Viewed: 3805 times.
Page 4 of 4
Scholar
#76 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
I have yet to find any sort of Let's Play that I would like- namely a series that focuses on setting/place, letting sims do their own thing and with a natural, game-play derived narrative.

Most of them focus too much on shock value or challenges (1000 baby challenge!!!), entirely building with no gameplay, direct their sims around too much or are purely story-driven. Also doesn't help that nearly all the sims look like supermodels 24/7.

Heh, I've had vague thoughts of recording my TS2 medieval style 'hood, but fear it won't be popular because it does practically all you've said here. Stable camera, natural gameplay (with some randomization/random events), letting the sims mostly do their thing, and just watching how things flow and what stories arise out of it.
Forum Resident
#77 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:46 PM
And back to cats and dogs.....................I do want to see more of the town.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 6:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
If you know how to swear (not like those people that spit cusses out of cusses), than heck I'm all in for it.

I can't force myself to swear, it kind of has to come naturally. If I'm really pissed at something and tell it to fuck off, I can only do that once before it sounds insincere. If I'm not genuinely annoyed or whatever, it'll come out all wrong. So yeah, I understand the art of the swear. I understand why a Brit's swear is worth ten American ones.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Banned
#79 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
I understand why a Brit's swear is worth ten American ones.

To Americans maybe. To us Europeans...

Mad Poster
#80 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 6:45 PM
Exactly. How can the latter half NOT be good at swearing? The only thing good about the former is that it because it so rarely swears, those far-and-few-between swears seem more powerful. Kind of like that one clip of Spongebob Squarepants's voice actor telling a story in-character.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Page 4 of 4