Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 79 (Who?), Viewed: 3775 times.
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 1:22 AM
Sims 4 Cats and Dogs: Hopes? Wishes? Disappointments?
Just curious on what others think everything that has been released on the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. I know a lot of people already hate some things, some people wish they added some things, and some people are really happy with it. What mods do you hope come out of this release? Just an all out discussion. As someone who has already pre-ordered it, I'd love to talk about the features with other fans. :p
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:22 AM Last edited by grindingteeth : 29th Sep 2017 at 4:05 AM.
I am extremely disappointed in the exclusion of small animals from what used to be the pets expansion. (horses too, but there was nowhere for them to exist in this closed in world) But since this isn't that, I hope the dog/cat AI is excellent. I wish they added real activities and events for said dogs and cats since they omitted the rest of the content; Agility, dog and cat shows should a) exist and b) have really been fleshed out. Ordinary dog and cat related careers for sims on top of veterinarian would have been nice. I mean, groomer is an excellent example of a booming real life career that's just omitted here... for no good reason. Doesn't even have to be active.

I am basically satisfied with their use of the retail/dining and active career systems to give you a veterinarian + clinic experience. I adore the return of CAP, even if it makes it painfully obvious they were lying all along about what they could and couldn't do.

I don't care about the lack of control too much, but for the sake of keeping the players happy, as other have said - put the cheat code in, give players a choice.

Not a lot left on my mind about this pack because I feel like I've seen all it has to offer already and am not expecting any surprises.
Theorist
#3 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 3:48 AM
Whelp, I'm one of the ones Teeth here mentioned who is waiting for a control pets mod. With how I micromanage everything and need things to be a perfect, specific way all the time having things happen unexpectedly is going to 1) Completely ruin my gaming experience 2) Induce severe anxiety attacks forcing me to increase my medications. but that's fine, EA knows what I enjoy better than I do, right? They have all that telemetry and focus groups. :\

I eagerly await the addition of new pet sliders, especially to take care of those hideously thick legs on the supposedly hairless cats, yeesh.

I'm very glad they've added foxes and raccoons, it's probably what sold me on this pack, but I wish they'd given them at least -some- kind of unique behaviour to make the experience different than straight up owning a cat or dog in a raccoon/fox suit respectively.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Whelp, I'm one of the ones Teeth here mentioned who is waiting for a control pets mod. With how I micromanage everything and need things to be a perfect, specific way all the time having things happen unexpectedly is going to 1) Completely ruin my gaming experience 2) Induce severe anxiety attacks forcing me to increase my medications. but that's fine, EA knows what I enjoy better than I do, right? They have all that telemetry and focus groups. :\

I eagerly await the addition of new pet sliders, especially to take care of those hideously thick legs on the supposedly hairless cats, yeesh.

I'm very glad they've added foxes and raccoons, it's probably what sold me on this pack, but I wish they'd given them at least -some- kind of unique behaviour to make the experience different than straight up owning a cat or dog in a raccoon/fox suit respectively.
I'm also disappointed that we can't control pets. It makes me lose so much interest. And then I see these weird tattoos or stamps and it just turns me off even more. And the color wheel that was oh so impossible to implement and the "racoons and foxes" which are literally just reskins of dogs and cats... Everything about this pack makes me go "UGH" so far

Slightly off topic question - You say you have to control everything and I'm the same when it comes to Sims. So naturally I cancel most social interactions when I didn't choose them by myself, but it seems like that's the reason why I've only ever gotten one single chance card. Do you have the same problem?
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:05 PM
prepare for Disappointment and lots of it

MIRROR floors, strip club silhouette mirrors and adult dvd's PLUS more FREE and premium items AT XTRA SIMS!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 4:48 PM
Something new for build mode other than roofing.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#7 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:11 PM
I hope there is heaven and hell for cats and dogs update, and I hope there is a cat and dog rapture.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 7:17 PM
My biggest complaint is that it takes them years to produce a single EP now. I mean, this is EAxis we're talking about, don't they want money they haven't completely earned yet? Why not go back to pumping out EPs like 2-3 times a year?

Well, whatever, I'm glad to see some version of pets coming to Sims 4, at least. I'm pretty neutral on the exclusion of minor pets because to me they were ... meh. Nice to have but I certainly won't think twice about them not being there. Horses were cool but gimmicky and as others have said would have no place in the closed-in world of TS4. So, this lets them--hopefully--focus more on dogs and cats, which are my personal favorite animals so I'm feeling hopeful about the whole thing. I also don't mind not being able to control them. I think I see where EA was coming from on that one; I mean, if you could just control them like a regular sim then that's basically what they are. Maybe this will allow them to feel more like actual pets with their own wants and needs and blah blah I don't know, I'm sure EA will ruin it somehow.
Inventor
#9 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 8:41 PM
I'm not going to have any disappointments before I actually play it.

I'm looking forward to having a vet in the family soon. GOD I can't wait!

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ As I will no longer be very active on teh forums! :D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:16 PM
I've already pretty much decided I'm not getting it. No pet control. No minor pets (finding animals in the wild was my favorite part of that expansion in TS3). Pets only CASt. I literally have no incentive to buy this pack

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:01 AM
I might give it a whirl if I have money and there's a holiday sale and if there's plenty of eggnog to get me drunk as a skunk.

Will there be skunks?

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Theorist
#12 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 8:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
Slightly off topic question - You say you have to control everything and I'm the same when it comes to Sims. So naturally I cancel most social interactions when I didn't choose them by myself, but it seems like that's the reason why I've only ever gotten one single chance card. Do you have the same problem?

I play the game paused more than anything else, so I'm constantly flipping between sims, seeing what they're doing, making sure they're doing the right thing. I don't immediately cancel actions without reading them first, because I have plenty of time while it's paused. so if what they chose to do is convenient and goes along with my plan then I let it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenti
I also don't mind not being able to control them. I think I see where EA was coming from on that one; I mean, if you could just control them like a regular sim then that's basically what they are. Maybe this will allow them to feel more like actual pets with their own wants and needs and blah blah I don't know, I'm sure EA will ruin it somehow.

I understand that mindset, but it still would be nice to have the choice. Also I don't really WANT them to feel like "pets" I want them to feel like part of the family. I have never once thought of my cats or dogs through the years as "just a pet" they've always been my babies, so it hurts a little that they're treated that way to me.

Also by that logic toddlers, children and teens shouldn't be controllable either so that it can feel "more like raising an actual child" And what about your husband or wife? We can't control them in real life either so that makes it completely unrealistic. The problem is where do we draw the line and how do we please as many people as possible, and the answer is, and always will be "choices." A choice they actively decided to deny us this time around.

By all means, make the pets uncontrollable by default, but give us a cheat or an obsidian paw or something so we can make that choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlibertysims
I might give it a whirl if I have money and there's a holiday sale and if there's plenty of eggnog to get me drunk as a skunk.

Will there be skunks?

Unfortunately no, no skunks. I tried SO hard to tame one in Castaway Stories. Now you've made me want a skunk, thanks Liberty. D<
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:06 PM
I am more looking for the new world to expand upon more than the pets themselves, there hasn't been a decent world added since Newcrest from over a year ago, and for more land to expand upon, i'm desperate!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:01 PM
Looking forward to it, but am very disappointed that there are only two sizes of dogs. I would think three is the minimum. Large dogs, medium size dogs, and miniatures. Otherwise you have to make the Border Collie be the same size as a Great Dane or else the same size as a Chihuahua. Neither feels right.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 1:42 AM
Honestly, I feel like I'm forced to buy it not because I want it, but because space is extremely limited in this game. Pets itself is kind of meh for me. TS2 they are just too buggy that I usually end up not playing with them. TS3 I just don't play a lot of, but I did enjoy them in that generation of games. TS4 I'd be more excited if they didn't limit my families, but they do. I can't actually make my real life pets in the game in my family because we'd be pass the 8 sim limit. So limiting families in my game makes it a bummer really, but not so sure that it matters. I feel ham-stringed into buying the pack anyways because the extra world would be helpful to my play style. :/
Forum Resident
#16 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:18 AM
I agree with the others that would buy it for the world. I have about zero interest in the pets but love to build and have absolutely no space now. I wish EA would just offer some worlds. I may get it when it goes on sale, but even wonder about that as I don't think I have played 4 since at least last May. I think my total # hours for this game is in the 600s. If I do get it, will explore the world, build it out, and then probably drop 4 again for months at least. I will have to see more of the build and buy items and the world to decide if I want it at all.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 1:29 PM
Anytime another world is offered, it is appreciated. But I'm also looking forward to critters.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#18 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 7:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia
Looking forward to it, but am very disappointed that there are only two sizes of dogs. I would think three is the minimum. Large dogs, medium size dogs, and miniatures. Otherwise you have to make the Border Collie be the same size as a Great Dane or else the same size as a Chihuahua. Neither feels right.

Hense why I'm looking forward for someone to mod in extra pet sliders like we had in TS3, those dog/cat size sliders were a necessity if not only a little buggy.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 9:44 PM
I hope there is a way to ‘create a pet’ while in the game, and not through manage worlds. Ideally there would be some sort of pet shop where you buy it (like Sims 2). If we are left with adoption being the only way to acquire a pet in live mode, again, then I will be incredibly disappointed.
Theorist
#20 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 9:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_mccarty
I hope there is a way to ‘create a pet’ while in the game, and not through manage worlds. Ideally there would be some sort of pet shop where you buy it (like Sims 2). If we are left with adoption being the only way to acquire a pet in live mode, again, then I will be incredibly disappointed.

prepare for disappointment! 8D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_mccarty
I hope there is a way to ‘create a pet’ while in the game, and not through manage worlds. Ideally there would be some sort of pet shop where you buy it (like Sims 2). If we are left with adoption being the only way to acquire a pet in live mode, again, then I will be incredibly disappointed.


This is what mods are for, lol. You expect to get it from the game itself?

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight-shure
This is what mods are for, lol. You expect to get it from the game itself?


You know what, the game shouldn't need everything modded. It's like they do as little as possible because they know it will get modded into the game and EA doesn't have to pay anyone to do it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight-shure
This is what mods are for, lol. You expect to get it from the game itself?


Why should this classify as a modders job? Pets don’t just plop into people’s homes, and I hate how that is the only way to add my own creation to any household in Sims 3. The only in-game (live mode) way is adoption, which results in a predetermined breed with predetermined traits. Not ideal.

EA has the capacity to add pets via CAP in live mode. I’m not going to say I expect it, because Sims 4 has not lived up to any expectations I have had, but I hope that they add something to the capacity of creating a pet from live mode. It’s a superficial detail I suppose, but it’s important in terms of the stories I tell.
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 6:28 PM
By no means I state their choice of omitting control cheat to this iteration, but I think it's more than "unable to control your pets in real life". I think it's more a fact that we are human beings and sims are just almost similar species to us, humanoid homosapiens, and they found us controlling other our own different kind is odd or bizarre (Though no way I'm concluding that's the exact explanation for their final decision nor I'm defending, but hey-- there could be some merit to it-- if it was hypothetical situati0n).
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 8:23 PM
I will not get complacent and accepting of the continual limitations with this game that EA has forced upon us. Limiting pets when we had a full array of them in TS3 is such an insult. All they had to do was put an option in the menu to give pets free will or not. Giving us the option to control them. And the animation/Graphics....Seriously I'm glad I don't play it anymore... I can imagine how they are going to limit Weather....IF they get around to adding it.

I know I always say this... but Not another dime man!!! The excuses and BS that flows so freely from these "Creators"/"Gurus" is so mind numbing.

All I want to do is swear....just a loud combination of the worst and most offensive language I could throw at them....that's all I want to do. Maybe throw heavy objects at them as well. Yeah.... I need a few drinks.
Page 1 of 4
Back to top