Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lot Trait Outfits

by endermbind Posted 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:24 PM - Updated 7th Oct 2017 at 7:24 PM by endermbind : Update

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:08 AM
Cool. Can you please make a version without the moodlets? I get more than enough of that in the vanilla game. :-)
Plus, they might interfere with the stories we're trying to play out. For example, if I'm pretending to have a funeral/black tie affair, I might not want everyone to be confident.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 3:36 PM
This sounds great but isn't there already a Party Place Lot Trait in the game?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:53 PM
make a version without the moodlets, please, thanks !!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:31 PM
This is a really cool idea, so many thanks for doing this in the first place - but I;d like to also join the other two posters in asking for a version without the moodlets please...?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
This sounds great but isn't there already a Party Place Lot Trait in the game?

Not in my version (B, GTW, GTT)... though I did see something in a screenshot by someone else.

I'll rename it in an update this weekend.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 12:14 PM
Thank you for making this, I've been looking now and then for some mod to assign dress codes to doors (never occurred to me that it could be done like this instead), so this is great. I, uh, have to add to the others here and ask if you are considering making a version without the mood buffs at all?
Inventor
#8 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:44 PM
So now it is not appropriate to say that there already is a Mod like this out there? Really?

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
So now it is not appropriate to say that there already is a Mod like this out there? Really?

One would have to know about that, right? There's many mods that do basically the same thing (hell, think of all the skin and body mods alone), but the difference is generally in the details, personal preference and availability. For example I tried both Servo-for-sims-4 mods on this site and I wouldn't say one of the two would have to go.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:21 PM
Due to player feedback, I've renamed the Party Place to Party Zone (poke if that already exists) and separated the moodlets and such to other mods (submitted, so soon also on MTS! ).
Inventor
#11 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by endermbind
One would have to know about that, right? There's many mods that do basically the same thing (hell, think of all the skin and body mods alone), but the difference is generally in the details, personal preference and availability. For example I tried both Servo-for-sims-4 mods on this site and I wouldn't say one of the two would have to go.

Yep that's true but a quick google search outfit lot trait would have shown that there is a mod already out there. And it's not that i said "hey you copied mine". I just said that there is already a Dress Code Lot Trait out there but without the Buffs since some ppl here asked for a non Buff Version. So i don't know why the Admin deleted my first Post.

Now without the Buffs though it is kind of a Clone of the Dress Code Lot Trait ;P

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
Yep that's true but a quick google search outfit lot trait would have shown that there is a mod already out there. And it's not that i said "hey you copied mine". I just said that there is already a Dress Code Lot Trait out there but without the Buffs since some ppl here asked for a non Buff Version. So i don't know why the Admin deleted my first Post.

Now without the Buffs though it is kind of a Clone of the Dress Code Lot Trait ;P

To be honest, I've been using parts of this mod myself for about a year now and as such never had a reason to google for it. It's just that I recently decided to start putting the varied mods I made online. (I make them anyways, may as well share.)
And again: plenty mods and modding apps out there that do basically the same thing. That's something we all need to put aside and/or enjoy (choice!). I know you'll find nothing in mine copied from yours, because I never saw it... so not even the idea.

Besides, I'm just not going to track through 1000s of tumblrs and other sites that may, perhaps, have what I want if I can enjoy making it myself. And I advise anyone else to do so as well: it may generate some excellent mods!. If no-one can do anything simple anymore because others have done so before them, no-one can learn and get to a level where they can contribute more advanced stuff others have not made yet. If people look at anything I made and are inspired to make something new, that would only be excellent.

Why the admin removed your post may be related to you advertising a different cc site? I recall there's something in the rulebook here about that. (I never saw your post)
Inventor
#13 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by endermbind
If people look at anything I made and are inspired to make something new, that would only be excellent.

I agree with that part. But if xx People only do Mods that do exactly the same nothing comes out of it. Again i did not complain and said that you copied anything since you had buffs in there while i have not. So this would have given People a choice to use a Mod like this with or without Buffs. Now there are just two Mods out that do exactly the same so no "real" choice here.

I personally always try to look if a new Mod i want to make is already out there. Sometimes i don't find anything but if i find out later that there was indeed a Mod like this before mine i contact the Modder and ask if they want me to delete mine. If i find a Mod out there that already does what i'm planing i simply don't make it or only for my personal use and don't upload it.

I also don't think they deleted my Post because i mentioned my Site (without a Link) because as far as i know Links are only disallowed in the Description but well only the Admin knows the Reason...

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:31 AM
Ah, you removed the buffs? Thank you again, that's perfect.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:51 PM
Neat, thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 2:02 PM
thank you. will this make them dress in random outfits or the outfits that we have assigned to that category? that is the only "issue" I have found with other mods like this...the game does a random outfit and sometimes it leaves much to be desired what it chooses! LOL!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tambailey2002
thank you. will this make them dress in random outfits or the outfits that we have assigned to that category? that is the only "issue" I have found with other mods like this...the game does a random outfit and sometimes it leaves much to be desired what it chooses! LOL!

Well, try it out... in my experience it does not do any randomising but just gives you what is assigned as these outfits in CAS.

Of course, if you do not assign anything specific in CAS, they will have their random generated stuff on.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 11:02 PM
Oh cool! The bath/nude trait will really help me make the onsen in my Japanese neighbourhood authentic
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:17 PM
Essential
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:17 PM
Need to get this working for 1.36.104... Almost every sim going to a nightclub wears a ridiculous outfit. EA says it's by design... If that's so, why do they even bother letting us pick outfits? I tried this on 1.36.104, but it didn't seem to work. Now we really need this...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 11:28 PM
agreed. i've yet to test it without other mods, though. will do ASAP.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:55 PM
tested again, and it doesn't work. :'(
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:49 PM
Yeah, something needs to be done about these really horrid situational outfits. MCCC doesn't work on the nightclub outfits, and that's where everything seems to stem from. At least that's how it appears.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:05 PM
i've seen the atrocious outfits at bars and (i think) nightclubs. not sure if those need the same outfit category or not, as in, one is formal and one is party clothes?

idk why the game thinks it's easier to generate a random outfit each time NPCs spawn at venues, though. seems to me it's unnecessary work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:17 PM
General consensus is that EA screwed the pooch trying to fix something and made it worse, then attempted to right things by explaining that it's "Working as intended". I just can't believe they'd call this "working as intended".
Page 1 of 2