Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:04 AM
Default Urban Fade: A Rougher Side of the Neighborhood
So, I am excited the Urban Revival Set was finally uploaded and approved. I want to continue the set with an Urban Fade. I know there is a good amount of grungy cc out there, but not much for the outside of the building. At least what I could find. I have posted the pictures of the textures below. I am hoping it goes easier than the Urban Revival Set.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:59 AM
Yes, it is good! And even if there is some grungy cc, I was actually struggling to find the "right" ones when I took part in Phaenoh's Urban Revival competition, so in my opinion, this will be a great addition.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:54 PM
I'm definitely a fan of grungy CC, and I am loving most of these walls, especially the siding! I have never seen worn siding.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:16 PM
Some of these look great - be careful of sizing, i.e. that one brick texture that is rather large. You need to have the size of the bricks in proportion to the wall I think.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 2:22 PM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 11th Oct 2017 at 2:33 PM.
@maxon, good point. Once I see how it looks in game I can adjust it. I think I know which one your talking about.
@Goldenbtrfly, it is hard to find grungy siding anywhere! This was a must for me to add.

I think these will look awesome paired up with cc and numenor's wall overlays

UPDATE: I plan on creating the walls and taking in game pictures over the weekend. Hopefully, things go better than last time in Homecrafter.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 12:19 AM
Ok, so I have finally created the brick walls and uploaded them to the game. I realized I am having the same problem as last time with the lines forming on the walls...the pictures below should explain a bit better. I am not sure if VII is showing the white lines or not.

@JustPetro, I believe you fixed my line problem last time. I cant remember how you did it since I deleted the Urban Revival thread.

Also, does the brick size seem reasonable? Thanks in advance!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:44 AM
Oh, I wish I did, but you are giving credit to the wrong person here
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:34 AM
The white lines are showing because your texture doesn't go right up to the edge of the space. There are various ways you can deal with this. Perhaps the easiest way is to make the texture a layer in your graphics programme and then use the deform tool to widen it by a pixel or two at the edges. You would need to layer the texture over a full-width wall panel and make sure the pattern of your texture goes right to the edge.

The way I check for tiling is to copy-layer two copies of the texture onto a larger canvas size and put them side-by-side and look in detail at exactly what is happening at the edge (zoom right in). You can usually spot where the pixel or two of white or lighter colour is. That's what you need to eliminate from the texture.

I can probably post pictures if you need me to.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:56 PM
@maxon, thanks! I will give this a go. Thankfully it's only a few of the textures.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:46 PM
So I am using paint.net and I am having issues on how to make this happen in that program. I unfortunately don't have Photoshop. Would I be able to increase the size to 257x513 for those images? I am not sure if that would cause issues for some users

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:25 PM
Does paint.net not do layering?

Just increasing the size of the image won't help - the game either won't read the file or just shrink it in use to the correct size. I'd guess your only other option is to colour the missing pixels by hand or try a more accurate crop.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:45 PM
@Maxon, I found the solution. If I use Paint.net, resize the canvas to 256 x512 and put two 256 x256 squares, I have no issues with lines. It was dumb of me to think I could use Publisher to create perfectly sized walls....it just disorts them of course.

Here are the final walls for the Urban Fade Set. Still have 1 more floor image to take. Each wall shows 2 stories and 3 across.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:10 PM
They look very good!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
They look very good!

Thank You! I appreciate that!