Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 2:33 AM
Some string-edit mods that don't work - Updates/Alternatives?
I haven't been able to get some of these mods to work - including lesbisim's Juice to Alcohol mod, Laxley's Plasma Rename mod and uglydemon's Nectar to Wine mod.

I really like what these mods do (the fake, pseudo kid-friendly terms in the Sims make me cringe). Are they outdated? Are they working for anyone else? If not, is there a way I can fix them?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:55 PM
Usually I'd check the comments before making the changes. Although since they're just simple STBL changes, it might be still up to date? If there's any doubt I suppose I'd just test them in game

I guess for any XML Mods, this could be helpful: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...eeds_update.pdf

If not, I'd try to find the SBLT strings in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\ deltabuild/fullbuild.packages. They should have the same instances as the mods They're basically default replacements, so reading any XML or my default replacement tutorials should give you some idea of how to do this, although in this case it requires you to use the 'edit SBLT' option in S3PE