Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:24 PM
Default Reality Show: Death House
This challenge should be playable with the base game only, and no mods needed.
Someone wrote this in the comment section of a Cracked article (this one, if you're interested: http://www.cracked.com/personal-exp...show-ever.html), and I thought; "This would make a great Sims challenge!

"The Onion once did a reality show parody where a bunch of people locked in a house aren’t given food for weeks on end and eventually forgotten about as they have to farm frogs to survive and slowly go insane."

So, here's the challenge as I envision it. Keep in mind that I have yet to try it, so I don't know how viable it is.

1. Make 8 sims in CAS (more if you want to and have a mod that will let you house more than 8 sims on a property). They should all be vanilla human, in case you have Supernatural, Late Night, Showtime, or Island Paradise. I suggest rolling their traits randomly for more fun. Lifetime wish doesn't matter, since they likely won't be able to fulfill it anyway. Turn on free will to maximum.

2. Choose a lot to build on. You want one with a fish pond, since this is going to be the only food source.

3. Build a fence around the property so the sims can't escape.

4. Make a house and move in your sims. You can make a bedroom for each sim, make them double up, have just one room for all of them to sleep in, or for kicks and giggles, give them only one bed and make them fight for it. Same deal goes for the toilet and shower/bathtub. However, do NOT give them a refrigerator, microwave, or anything that can spontaneously spawn food.

5. Sit back and enjoy the show! The last survivor is the winner.

6. For more fun, arm each sim with Dexter the Bear and/or the weapons mod. See what it takes to make them start killing each other.

Notes:
-If you have Supernatural, you can scatter jellybean bushes around the lot and see how long it takes for a sim to get poisoned by them.
-If you have World Adventures, you can try using tomb traps to make the house more dangerous (I say try because I'm not sure if tomb traps can be used in a starting town or if you need to go to one of the world travel locations to use them).

There's no scoring system, since this is for entertainment only. Likewise, there's no background story, so you can make up your own reason why these 8 strangers are being treated this way.

Please let me know if anything is unclear, or if I've overlooked something. And if you try this challenge, let me know how it turns out!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
This challenge should be playable with the base game only, and no mods needed.
Someone wrote this in the comment section of a Cracked article (this one, if you're interested: http://www.cracked.com/personal-exp...show-ever.html), and I thought; "This would make a great Sims challenge!

"The Onion once did a reality show parody where a bunch of people locked in a house aren’t given food for weeks on end and eventually forgotten about as they have to farm frogs to survive and slowly go insane."

So, here's the challenge as I envision it. Keep in mind that I have yet to try it, so I don't know how viable it is.

1. Make 8 sims in CAS (more if you want to and have a mod that will let you house more than 8 sims on a property). They should all be vanilla human, in case you have Supernatural, Late Night, Showtime, or Island Paradise. I suggest rolling their traits randomly for more fun. Lifetime wish doesn't matter, since they likely won't be able to fulfill it anyway. Turn on free will to maximum.

2. Choose a lot to build on. You want one with a fish pond, since this is going to be the only food source.

3. Build a fence around the property so the sims can't escape.

4. Make a house and move in your sims. You can make a bedroom for each sim, make them double up, have just one room for all of them to sleep in, or for kicks and giggles, give them only one bed and make them fight for it. Same deal goes for the toilet and shower/bathtub. However, do NOT give them a refrigerator, microwave, or anything that can spontaneously spawn food.

5. Sit back and enjoy the show! The last survivor is the winner.

6. For more fun, arm each sim with Dexter the Bear and/or the weapons mod. See what it takes to make them start killing each other.

Notes:
-If you have Supernatural, you can scatter jellybean bushes around the lot and see how long it takes for a sim to get poisoned by them.
-If you have World Adventures, you can try using tomb traps to make the house more dangerous (I say try because I'm not sure if tomb traps can be used in a starting town or if you need to go to one of the world travel locations to use them).

There's no scoring system, since this is for entertainment only. Likewise, there's no background story, so you can make up your own reason why these 8 strangers are being treated this way.

Please let me know if anything is unclear, or if I've overlooked something. And if you try this challenge, let me know how it turns out!

This looks really fun, and I'm definitely going to try it out. I do have one question, though. How does the fishing work? I don't think sims can eat raw fish, and if I give them a fire pit they might try to eat other things like marshmallows instead of just the fish.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:54 AM
I've actually tried this years ago as a 'survivor' style game. Sims won't autonomously fish without a mod to make them do so (at least not in later eps) so it's going to be a fun 3-5 days watching your sims slowly starve to death. That is, unless they are mooches in which case they will all mooch food off each other when they get hungry, so it'll be funny watching them pull food out of their butts to feed each other. Whatever floats your boat.

Thanks, I hate it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Moondragon007 : 29th Nov 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by peachydaze
This looks really fun, and I'm definitely going to try it out. I do have one question, though. How does the fishing work? I don't think sims can eat raw fish, and if I give them a fire pit they might try to eat other things like marshmallows instead of just the fish.

I'm not actually sure how that would work - whether you can give them a stove or barbeque grill, or what. I don't know if a stove spawns food. The only sim I have so far who's a serious angler is also a werewolf, and he's happy to eat raw fish when he's "wolfed out".

UPDATE: Okay, so I did some research, and yes the stove spawns food. So that's out. Barbeque grills spawn burgers and hot dogs (iirc), so that's also out, plus grilled salmon is a level 7 recipe. So I guess it's either firepit or countertop (so they can make sushi).
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
I'm not actually sure how that would work - whether you can give them a stove or barbeque grill, or what. I don't know if a stove spawns food. The only sim I have so far who's a serious angler is also a werewolf, and he's happy to eat raw fish when he's "wolfed out".

UPDATE: Okay, so I did some research, and yes the stove spawns food. So that's out. Barbeque grills spawn burgers and hot dogs (iirc), so that's also out, plus grilled salmon is a level 7 recipe. So I guess it's either firepit or countertop (so they can make sushi).

Ew, sushi. I think when I do this I'll just put a jelly bean bush on the lot, so even eating is risky. Might also give them the fish option, but I doubt they'll be smart enough to not take the jelly beans.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 9:57 PM
About 5 hours later and I've proven myself a Liar. They'd rather starve than eat from the bush. :/
So now the bushes' only purposes are for when certain sims keep trying to cheat the system. (I decided to make some of the boys wizards to see what would happen, but they keep conjuring apples, even after I took their wands away.. so apple=bean now)