Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:01 AM
Default Custom Rabbithole building issue
I've got some rabbithole rugs and doors with which I plan to create custom lots. Only problem is no matter what I name the lot it has the default rabbithole name. For example I name the lot Ye Old Sheriff but when I go to live mode its simply police station or whatever. Is there someway around this so it can have the lot names I want?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:39 AM
The rabbithole name is always the name that's displayed in live mode. Apart from modding the rabbithole rugs, the only way to change the name would be to have a sim purchase the lot, or to use a debug enabler mod. It is not possible to rename the rabbithole at world level, this information has to be stored in the save game. So if you rename a lot in one world and then transfer that lot to another world, the name will be reset back to the default.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The rabbithole name is always the name that's displayed in live mode. Apart from modding the rabbithole rugs, the only way to change the name would be to have a sim purchase the lot, or to use a debug enabler mod. It is not possible to rename the rabbithole at world level, this information has to be stored in the save game. So if you rename a lot in one world and then transfer that lot to another world, the name will be reset back to the default.

I see. Say I build this lot on builder's island to put in a custom town, its still going to have the default name?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:49 AM
Yes, if you re-read my above post I gave you the answer to this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, if you re-read my above post I gave you the answer to this.

Just making sure it worked that way there too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:31 AM
It is annoying- when I shared my custom worlds, the only way to have my rabbitholes named correctly was to share a save file too, or have people rename the rabbithole themselves.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:12 AM
Is this something with 1.69? I am on 1.67. I may be totally wrong here but I have used many RH rugs in my worlds and the lots are named what I have named them. I will check next time in the world I am working on in my version with the rugs, but I have never noticed a change. I also used rugs in my Greek Islands world and never saw this as I recall.

If a change with 1.69 it is another good reason that I have stayed with 1.67.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Is this something with 1.69? I am on 1.67. I may be totally wrong here but I have used many RH rugs in my worlds and the lots are named what I have named them. I will check next time in the world I am working on in my version with the rugs, but I have never noticed a change. I also used rugs in my Greek Islands world and never saw this as I recall.

If a change with 1.69 it is another good reason that I have stayed with 1.67.

Yes I found this a bit odd ass well
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:56 PM
It will be interesting to see more responses as I am pretty sure I do not have this issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:33 PM
The lot name sticks of course upon export. The OP was talking about the name of the rabbithole itself, i.e. the rabbithole rug in this case. These are named something like "Custom school rabbithhole rug" and as simsample said, any new name you might give it is stored in the save, not in the lot information. So if you export the lot (in game or in a world in caw) the name of the rabbithole rug reverts to whatever the creator of the RH rug named it.
It got nothing to do with 1.67 or 1.69.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 11:57 PM
I just checked a game with RH rugs and the rug name does show in live mode if you click on it. I don't think I had that in the past but maybe I did and it just did not bother me? I may look at changing the name of a rug or 2 just for the heck of it, not that I do not have anything else to do. LOL Will add to long to do list.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:07 AM
Yes, I was talking about the rabbithole name as opposed to the lot name- sorry for the confusion.

The rabbithole name is stored in the savegame I think because a sim can rename it when they purchase the business.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:35 AM
I also misread the original post as it can be read 2 ways depending on how we read/interpret it. The poster was intending A and I read the wording as B.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:57 PM
Well, what I was saying is say I named the Lot 'Snake School' and build a building, place a custom rabbit hole rug and the lot gets the icon of say a school house if I used a school rug or whatever and when you hover on the icon it says 'Community School' or whatever. Thats the annoying part and I stayed on 1.67 as well so its not a 1.69 issue.