Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:49 AM
Default Weird Painting Glitch
Hi, I'm pretty new so forgive me if this is a silly question.

I'm getting weird patterning when I try to paint, and it's really stopping me from progressing on any world. Here's what it looks like:

This is the same no matter what the brush settings. Most paints to this, but not all of them, and I can't see a correlation between those that do / don't.

However, if I try to paint over a working paint with any other it does this:

Essentially erasing the top paint layers (the stone & grass tex) in the same patterning before putting down the new paint (Brown).
So blending is impossible.
I've been trying for a few days to get it working properly, but I can't figure it out and there's nothing online that I've found that addresses this.

I'd appreciate if anyone can help!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
Try working on individual layers- tick the box as shown here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...826#post3412826

What you're seeing is your paint being merged with the terrain paint that's already there, and depending on the opacity of your brush and the terrain topography you'll see an interference pattern as in your pictures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try working on individual layers- tick the box as shown here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...826#post3412826

What you're seeing is your paint being merged with the terrain paint that's already there, and depending on the opacity of your brush and the terrain topography you'll see an interference pattern as in your pictures.

Thank you, this has helped!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:41 PM