Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:48 PM Last edited by gdayars : 20th Nov 2017 at 11:44 PM.
Default 2018 MTS Calendar Contest

Official MTS 2018 Calendar Contest
It's November and with that brings our 7th annual calendar contest ! Contests are now open for entries but you have until the 15th of December to submit an entry. This year we are doing something different. We are doing a combination of all three games in order to have enough pictures for the calendar. A maximum of 6 entries is allowed but only 2 entries per game. You can only enter one shot in any given month, and one winner will be chosen per month across all games.

Use your creativity to showcase your sim as the Miss/Mr in a shot fitting for each month of the year. The picture should be "modeling-esque" shot with your single sim as the main focus representing the "feel" of a particular month. An adorable cupid for Love Day, a teacher for September, or a witch for Spooky Day, the possibilities are endless. Please use northern hemisphere seasons. Seasons expansion pack and use of seasons holidays (Love Day, Spooky Day, etc) not required.

This contest does have a limit of 20 slots per month, and only 12 winners, so if you want to be sure to get in, you might want to submit early!

Examples of 2015's entries Sims 2 Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:14 PM
Here is a small list for us Southern Hemisphere/Non American folk.

November is Thanksgiving in the US, October is harvest, December Christmas/ Hanuka/Kwanzaa, January snow/new years, February valentines, March/April is Easter, and March st Patrick's, April April fools, May is mothers day, June Fathers day and July is independence day in the US.
World Chocolate Day is in July! August is apparently just hot.

https://www.awarenessdays.com/ so you can look up days yourself.

The seasons up there are Sep-Oct-Nov is Autumn, Dec,Jan,Feb is Winter, March, April and May is Spring and June, July, Aug is Summer.

Have fun!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:12 AM
"All three games" makes me wonder... TS1 doesn't offer anywhere near the flexibility in photos as ANY of the later games do, so it may not end up with any interest, but if it's already a combined calendar, why not allow people to submit photos from TS1 and make it an all-inclusive calendar this year?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:52 AM
Sorry guys I forgot to put the link in at first. I got distracted. and Zarathustra I will check and see what everyone thinks
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
"All three games" makes me wonder... TS1 doesn't offer anywhere near the flexibility in photos as ANY of the later games do, so it may not end up with any interest, but if it's already a combined calendar, why not allow people to submit photos from TS1 and make it an all-inclusive calendar this year?

Well, maybe if you used FreeSO's 3D mode in Simitone you could have more flexibility for taking screenshots in TS1, that's my two cents.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 1:28 PM
This makes me very happy- thank you!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:03 PM
+1 for including TS1. I'd be interested in submitting some TS1 entries if that's decided to be allowed. In addition to FreeSO, SimPose also offers a very broad range of options for posing TS1 sims in 3D. Example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM
I can use sims 3 seasons and I can use my custom made stuff
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Here is a small list for us Southern Hemisphere/Non American folk.

November is Thanksgiving in the US, October is harvest, December Christmas/ Hanuka/Kwanzaa, January snow/new years, February valentines, March/April is Easter, and March st Patrick's, April April fools, May is mothers day, June Fathers day and July is independence day in the US.
World Chocolate Day is in July! August is apparently just hot.

https://www.awarenessdays.com/ so you can look up days yourself.

The seasons up there are Sep-Oct-Nov is Autumn, Dec,Jan,Feb is Winter, March, April and May is Spring and June, July, Aug is Summer.

Have fun!

From a US resident: Yes, August is Summer, but it is also my birthday and International Cat Day usually falls in August. September is Labor Day and back to school (though the back to school sales start in August) and a popular time for autumn fairs, October is Halloween (think Spooky Day) or Fall Harvest Festival or Pumpkin Festival (for those who think Halloween is too pagan and don't know about Samhain), November is Veteran's Day (it fell on the 11th in 2017) and Thanksgiving (on a Thursday, usually the fourth week of November) and Black Friday (shoppers mob the stores the day after Thanksgiving, though some retailers actually are now opening Thanksgiving eve to get the money rolling in sooner) and lesser known Small Business Saturday (deliberately shop for holiday gifts at small businesses or mom and pop businesses), and Cyber Monday (the Monday following Thanksgiving online holiday shoppers hit the internet). December is Hanukkah (celebrated by Jewish worldwide), Kwanzaa (celebrated by African Americans), Christmas Eve (24th) and Christmas Day (25th), and New Year's Eve (Dec 31st).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 6:57 PM
Size of the photo?
I don't know if Real Life will allow me to take part, but let's see
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Size of the photo?

1000x750 px. For the further details, please, refer to the contest topic . Thank you :3
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 11:19 PM
Mother's Day is in March for us in the UK

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 2:45 AM
Great that you're doing this again. I would like to submit an entry. Good luck to everyone!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Theorist
#14 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 8:59 PM
Dumb question. Does it have to be a human sim? Can Bonehilda participate?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:07 PM
Theorist
#16 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Bonehilda can participate.

Thanks!
Space Pony
#17 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:26 AM
Default I'll Give It A Go!
I'll do my best and try to come up with something!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 3:07 PM
Can I do Workers' Day (May 1st)?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:38 AM
You can do any day that is an actual day that you want. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~