Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:16 PM
Default Socks Texture Help!
I made a mesh, and I think I have the UV map in the right spot, but when I apply a texture it applies to the skin underneath the sock I made instead of the sock itself? I'm very confused and would love some help on fixing this!
Also instead of their base white color the socks look brownish? In the images provided I show my UV map. Did I put it in the wrong place?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:20 PM

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:51 PM
Your texture (diffuse) looks inverted, with lots of weird shapes attached. I would have expected to see gray socks with a dark line around the top and not brown, but that also depends on your alpha. What painting program are you using? Photoshop, Paint, GIMP? I would love to see a picture of the channels and layers of the texture. Your texture should look almost exactly how you want the sock to appear.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:06 PM
Also I don't see your UV map.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:53 PM
I just finished baking the UV and made that to show where it's placed. That's not the texture I will be using. I don't want to add the real texture yet because I feel like if I messed up the UV I'd have to redo it all over again ) : Oh! Also I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS6. The thing is that no matter what color I change the texture to, it still looks brown because that's not what's changing. Whatever texture I do add it appears /beneath/ the sock and on the skin instead of on the sock.
Here is the UV map:
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:23 PM
I can't really tell what's going on in that uv map pic. If you're changing the texture color and the socks are staying the same color (which looks like it's skin color) then the uv map is almost certainly in the wrong place unless as Simmiller said the alpha in your texture is transparent. If you could upload your package I'll take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:35 AM
Alrighty. Here's the package, and thank you both for the help. You're so awesome.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Lunalure's Socks.rar (130.6 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:23 PM
Here's the UV map in Milkshape. The little red spots are where the socks are mapped - as you can see they're not in the area where the socks are in your texture. You're going to have to do the UV over.

Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:28 PM
Would you have a reference as to where I could pinpoint those red dots in the Sims 4 UV dds? It kind of looks like it's in the face region so I'm really confused.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:12 PM
Oh! I'm so stupid. I figured out what I did wrong. I think I set the wrong UV map for active rendering but now that I have it all set up it's working now.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM
Glad you got it figured out!

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:49 PM