Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:49 AM
Default WCIF/Recolour: Default grass texture
This is probably in the wrong place -- the question is half WCIF and half recolouring, and I'm guaranteed to have guessed wrong because that's exactly how I roll... >_<

I had a wild hare of an idea for a terrain paint/ground cover, but it involves incorporating the plain old default grass texture into the image I wanna make. Anybody know where in the game's guts I can find that image file and clone/extract/kidnap it for my Photoshop-y purposes?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:08 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Liz : 18th Nov 2017 at 7:18 AM.
Wow, there's a wealth of stuff in there! Not sure which of these grass textures to pull, but it's gotta be in here. Thanks so much!

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I think what you want is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D, the Textures.package.

PS: After a pretty good search I didn't come up with quite what I was looking for and took a screen shot instead, but this was definitely a texture goldmine -- thanks again, HL! ^_^