Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:11 PM
Default Question about exporting a lot with CC
Hello everyone, I hope this is on the right place, it is just a simple question that anyone who has share a lot could know.

I always was a user from the shadows, I like to download things and add them to my game, and it's very cool, unfortunatly I never upload nothing because I never learned to create something, but I'm planning to make a very cool apartment and upload it to here, as a trying to give something back. I'm thinking to upload both versions of the same, furnished and unfurnished, but my question is this, if it has Custom Content (CC) and I export it as simple as it is, the CC and and all the meshes goes in the same file? If is not, is there a way to add all the stuff? Do I need permissions from the creators?

I hope you can help me.
Thanks for now!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:46 PM
Good luck with your first upload -- I'm sure it'll be awesome! Wish I had more time right now to answer your questions more specifically, but have you looked at this page?

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Lots_and_Houses

Lots of help there to get you started and will hopefully answer a few of those questions. Good luck! ^_^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:17 PM
Great! I think this is going to help me a lot later, with more time I'm going to read it more calmly but at first glance I think it's what I was looking for. I will try to upload my contribution for next month to finalize details, although I'm not totally sure about the permissions of the creators of Custom Content, but maybe later I'll bother you guys again with another question.
Thank you very much for your reply and my apologies for the inconveniences.

Thank you again.
Good Simming!
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:43 AM
You're totally welcome -- I'm happy I could be of some help! When it comes to CC permissions, yeah, you do need to get the okay. Most creators, if they have their own websites, will spell out their terms of use in a FAQ or similar there. If the CC comes from a creator here on MTS you may be able to find their permissions if you click that creator's name to visit her profile, then look under Policy (beneath the creator's name). If the Policy isn't clear about whether you have permission to include that CC with lots, you can always ask via PM.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 3:26 PM
Be aware that some CC will have odd behavior when packed:

- If you use recolors of certain items, the Sims2pack file will often include ALL recolors for this object.
- If you use the buyable mailbox/trashcan mod, the game will usually inlude every single recolor you have of these files, will rename most of them to strings of numbers, and those are a pain to remove.
- Sims2pack files don't include master meshes if they're not on the lot, so if you use master-slave objects, be sure to playtest the lot without other CC in your game. Anything flashing blue? It needs a master mesh. Either add it in the lot, pack it as a needed object in a separate folder, or link to the original item (read the original creator's ToU if you're unsure)
- Certain mods that include portals or are placeable objects will also be added. Be sure to remove these before packing the lot, or by cleaning up the file after.