Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:41 PM
Default Unimesh Problems
Hello, hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I am having some issues with getting an animated mesh to show up in Milkshape and am hoping that I am not alone.

I extract the cloned object in SimPE (in this case, the Toy Bench), then open Milkshape and import the extracted file using the Sims 2 Unimesh Import v4.09. But then I get an error saying " NULL Skin Weight Assignment ptr" and after closing the error, the joints import, but not the mesh. I tried looking around online this morning to see if I could find others with similar issues so that I could attempt to troubleshoot, but no luck. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? Thanks!

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:47 AM
I admittedly do not have much experience using Unimesh to modify object meshes, but I'd recommend using the Milkshape3D ASCII format for that instead. Unimesh doesn't "know" the bone info of misc. meshes the way it does that of sim bodies.
(This tutorial , tho the topic is making a custom minor pet, explains how to work with the Ms3DASCII format.)

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
I admittedly do not have much experience using Unimesh to modify object meshes, but I'd recommend using the Milkshape3D ASCII format for that instead. Unimesh doesn't "know" the bone info of misc. meshes the way it does that of sim bodies.
(This tutorial , tho the topic is making a custom minor pet, explains how to work with the Ms3DASCII format.)

That is EXACTLY what I needed, thank you so much Azelanne!