MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 1615 times.
LeaderOfTheMantisShrimps
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:29 PM
Default Replacement mesh not showing up
Hi all!

Yep, even I have questions about things! So I've been working on a mod that basically replaces the butterflies in-game with a more accurate texture and mesh so they don't look like cigars with wings, and... just because some of the butterflies (at least I thought they were) were just utterly unrealistic and maybe a bit ugly too. Anyways, I managed to replace the textures, all that's working fine, but the mesh won't change to the one I made. I check the butterfly's (and the insect package too that S3OC generated, although both of them seem to use both the same VXPY files and everything linked with that, except for the OBJK/OBJD files)

Anyways, I also noticed that I wasn't able to find the actual fireflies mesh that came with Showtime, which makes me wonder, are they actually in the deltabuild/fullbuild packages? (That including the \The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\DeltaPackages deltabuild packages).

So my question is, do some (most?) visual effect that have meshes included with them, stored somewhere else? or some sort of data thing that links it all together, because what the package is telling me isn't really helping me out on figuring out why the MODL is still showing the old one.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:42 PM
Man no one has answered yet. I don't know anything about meshing as of now. A long time ago I saw a mod for fairy wing replacement http://modthesims.info/d/526872 Maybe your mod is similar to this? Since it has both visual effect and mesh? There's also this mod http://modthesims.info/d/531744 which is like that.
LeaderOfTheMantisShrimps
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:18 PM
Thanks! I'll look into it! Although through my searches I got to something kinda interesting? So I cloned the butterfly effect, or well, the cleopatra butterfly effect. checked the resourceKeys which led me to find a MODL file of an ordinary plane... which given the default mesh could be good, and then, well... a texture map of 'salt' which I know butterflies will not like. So I wonder if these resources are actually helpful in the first place.