Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 159 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 4:53 AM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 12th Jan 2018 at 4:55 AM. Reason: Didn't sound like question
Default How do I convert Sims 4 mesh without TSR?
I was given permission to convert a mesh from The Sims 4 to The Sims 3 but I'm having trouble with TSR, it says the mesh is out of bounds and won't register the mesh, I know there are other ways of importing stuff into the game but I can't find any tutorials on it, can someone please direct me to a written or preferably a video tutorial please?
Advertisement
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:13 PM
ALlright here are a few questions:

- Did you use align normals?
- Did you rename your group in Milkshape to group_base?
- Did you use model cleaner?
- Were you successfully able to assign the morphs and bones with meshtoolkit?

If you didn't use any of those, you will get a really vague error. I have made a tutorial on how to create CASparts right here (No idea if you're actually creating a CASpart thingy): https://youtu.be/vKHlHyU2pto?t=9m53s

SimplyImaginaryPeople also made a few: https://youtu.be/u_eeKIte83g
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:45 AM
I did all that but I can't really use the meshtoolkit because there are no Sims 3 meshes similar enough to the mesh I want to convert, I've tried assigning bones manually on a different project but It didn't work and I don't think I'll be successful with assigning bones on this project either.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:05 AM
Hrm... What are you working on? Maybe I could check it out myself if you like or suggest a reference mesh to use?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old Today at 7:58 PM
I'm working on the mermaid shark tail by Merman Simmer or Nyx they are known as on Mod The Sims, I've been wanting a tail like that for a LONG time but the tail just goes straight down instead of turning up at the bottom like most mermaid tails do, I would ask Nyx/Merman Simmer first if you could look into the mesh before doing so like I did but if you can help me I would really appreciate that a lot!