Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:12 PM
That's awful. I don't understand, though. I thought the heparin was supposed to get rid of the blood clot. Is it not working?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:32 PM
From what I've gathered from these updates, the heparin isn't as effective for her because of the location of her clot.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Hopefully I'll be forgiven for double posting this time. I didn't want my massage to be confused with the report on Sunni. I don't know her, but she, Stas and the rest of her loved ones are in my thoughts. I'm wishing you all strength.

Thank you for posting the information.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#29 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 5:37 PM
For those having a problem, I also have gotten the sign in page occasionally, but I just hit the board index button without signing in, since the sign in didn't work awhile ago.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Inventor
#30 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 7:12 PM
Yeah, they mentioned they were having registration/log-in issues.

As for the deal with the heprin, they said that the heprin is stopping the clot/clots from getting bigger or moving further into the bloodways it's currently jammed in, but the clot/clots are to large/thick for it to break up, and because it's at an inoperable spot, they can't get the clot removed one way or another, and clot removal/break-up is what needs to happen to help cure her, basically.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 7:44 PM
If she weren't having all these other problems, would the clot eventually just be reabsorbed?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#32 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM
For those who still can't get in, there's a new report posted by Rugrat0ne:

Update from Stas this morning, based on the nurse's report, January 16th, 2018, 9:01 am -
Quote:
Twice last night her heart rate went down from ~60s to 30. She was given Atropine both times. They are bringing her temperature up to 34C to help her heart.

They attempted to perform another cat scan, however they could not go through with it, because she was unable to lay flat long enough even for 10 min of the CT, because the oxygen saturation in her blood started rapidly dropping from 99 to 80%.

haven't seen the doctor yet
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:46 AM
Here's the last post that was put on the thread:

rugrat0ne

Summary of doctor's conference, posted January 16th, 2018, 6:49 pm:

Quote:
Unfortunately, the doctor feels that they have crossed the point where the treatments they are giving her are having very little effect, and are, rather, treating things just to treat things.

They have reached the maximum limit on the saline treatments and on one other medication already, so those can no longer be used effectively at all.

Pupil reactivity has continued to drop, meaning there is increasing damage to the brain, possibly even the brain stem, itself. If that degrades completely, there will be no one for them to save.

There is nothing more they can do for her, surgically, with medications, with treatments like the cold wraps, or any experimental or radical treatment.

At best, if a miracle should occur (and the doctor does use the word "miracle" as what is needed), and she should wake up, she would have significant disability and very poor quality of life. She might need to spend the rest of her days in the hospital.

Stas is not ready to let Sunni go, yet, (understandably) but we're reaching the point where her heart may give out on its own, or some other "point of no return" may be reached. Please send him your love and support in our thread for that, here. He's going to need it.

I would suggest everyone please do send a message to him-he needs all the support he can get right now. It's a terrible ordeal he's been going through and I'm pretty sure he will appreciate it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#34 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:08 AM
(I accidentally logged out of PBK and can't log in again...)

Life isn't about how long you live, but how well you live. As terrible as this may sound, if there's nothing more they can do for Sunni - then there is already no one left for them to save.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:23 AM
I'm so sorry. I wish there was something we could do.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:10 PM
(hugs)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:40 PM
So sad, sending hugs to all of Sunni's friends and family. :lovestruc
Alchemist
#38 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:00 PM
So sorry about this.
Alchemist
#39 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:45 PM
New report from Sunni's husband:

Quote:
I am reading and crying through the posts, so much love and support from you guys. I can't thank you everyone personally, but believe me guys your words and prayers mean everything to me.

Over last night Sunni's condition has worsened drastically. One of the pupils stopped reacting, her cranial pressure has gone over 40, her lungs on x-ray look very flooded, white.

The new doctor says she has reach the level when therapy won't do much, it will only push her other organs to fail.

I am waiting in Sunni's room, holding her hand. Her parents are expected to come some time in the next hour. It was decided that when everyone is here to let Sunni into what they call the "comfort care".

I'm shocked at myself that I stopped crying long enough to make this post.

I'm infinitely grateful to you guys.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:53 PM
Bubblebeam said everything I wanted to say over on the other thread, so I'm not going to step on her beautiful words. I'll Just say how sorry I am. I believe you have made the right decision. Heaven is calling her.

Mad Poster
#41 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:34 PM
Damn. I'd take the tremours five times over if it'd let Sunni recover well. Too bad life doesn't work that way.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#42 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:50 PM
I have been following the threads, just didn't know what to say.

All I can offer is condolences and thoughts.

It's never easy to let a loved one go. I have been in that same situation some years back, not with a partner, but with my mother. I can remember the thoughts and hopes and feelings I had still very vividly.

I hope it's not inappropriate if I offer some words that have helped me very much during that time and still do.

Quote:
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:45 PM
I also lost my mother a few years ago, and reading your post, Orphalesion, got me bawling.

My prayers continue to go out to Suni's family and friends. I do know how it feels. I just wish I had something more I could do or say.
Scholar
#44 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:05 PM
My deepest condolences to Sunni's husband, family and friends - this is just utterly heart-breaking.
I've lost three members of my own family thus far, so I thought I'd have more to say here - but I don't. I really don't.... I'm so upset.
My thoughts and prayers are with them all during this extremely difficult time - I send as much strength and compassion as I can.

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#45 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:53 PM
I have no words. May my prayers reach the family and friends.
It's so sad.
#46 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:54 PM
I just recently lost my grandmother in fla to a head bleed from a fall on dec 29th and while there was little they could do for her she didn't really pass on until the 4th of this month so while heartbreaking for Sunni I hope she's in no pain that she can feel and goes peacefully. My condolences to her husband and family as I know what this kind of waiting can feel like and i wish it on no one.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:50 PM
I forgot my log in to PBK so I cant put this there. My condolences to Stas and the rest of Sunni's family and friends.

My mother was in a coma for a week in hospice before she passed back in 2012. Her congestive heart failure had been getting worse since the doctors couldn't really treat it (the common treatment is diuretics, which my mother couldn't take because she had a severe allergy to sulfa drugs, and there are no diuretics without sulfa drugs out there, or at least there weren't any for many years prior to 2012.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:55 PM
Stas, tonight, January 17th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Quote:

Dear friends,

I'm finally home and able to talk

This has been the most difficult day of my life

Sunni has peacefully passed away in the Baptist Health Downtown, Jacksonville, FL, at 3:58PM EST.

I'm not ready to give a eulogy yet, just want to say how sorry I am guys. And how very humbled and grateful I am for all of your support.

She will be cremated according to her will.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#49 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:24 AM
Once "comfort care" came into being, I knew it was just a matter of time. Just didn't think it would be so soon.
My condolences to Stas and the rest of her family. RIP Sunni.
Alchemist
#50 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:27 AM
My condolences to her family and friends. I'm so sorry it came to this, but I've been in this position before, and the last kindness you can do for someone who won't be able to recover is to make sure that they won't have to suffer. It's been clear from these updates how much Sunni was loved.
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: Time to close
Page 2 of 3