Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
#51 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:59 AM
My condolences to her husband and family and friends. And thank Stas for keeping us all updated. I know life have just turned upside down.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:12 AM
Condolences.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#53 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:19 AM
That must be terrible. My condolences.
Test Subject
#54 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
@smorbie1 you shouldn't have to log in to see the information in Fran's link, but here it is.
____
Alright, Stas has asked me to summarize the new video of Monday's conference with the doctor, as it's too much for him to listen to it. I will do my best.

The base issue is that the doctors are working as hard as they can just to keep the symptoms of her condition under control (swelling in the brain, etc.), but they cannot treat the underlying cause, the blood clot, so those symptoms will just continue and worsen.

Over the past two days, Sunni has been experiencing spikes in her brain pressure more and more frequently; it is requiring more and more medication to get those spikes back down to a baseline; and the baseline, itself, is steadily rising over time.

Everything they are giving her is at levels far above what they would normally give, even oxygen, which is being administered at 70%, as opposed to the usual 40% for coma patients. That should give you an idea of how much it is taking just to keep her going.

Eventually, these medicines and treatments will stop being effective. The rest of her body is starting to experience issues as time goes on, due to the treatments to try to stave off more brain damage. At this point, her heart is at risk of stopping because of the distress signals it will be receiving from her brain. If it stops, the minutes she could spend before being resuscitated could cause extreme brain damage.

Her pupils are still showing reaction somewhat, which is something. If they stop, we will know, sadly, that there is no Sunni to bring back.

Right now, the doctor says it is highly unlikely that we could get her back with any sort of "meaningful" neurological functioning. At the moment, it would take nothing short of a miracle for her to survive this, and wake from the coma with what would most likely be severe disability from the brain damage.

I'm not certain, but I believe Stas agreed to a DNR if Sunni's heart were to stop, but he has not made any other decisions or signed anything yet.

If you wish to listen to the video, yourself, the link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TYr2dZQ03k

I wish I had better news for everyone.

What's a DNR?
Theorist
#55 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aliena
What's a DNR?

Do Not Resuscitate. It means that the person doesn't wish to be revived if they code (or some semblance there of).
Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:47 AM
DNR is short for Do Not Resuscitate. Its a form that indicates that an individual does not want to be resuscitated if their heart stops or their breathing stops.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:06 AM
A fair warning: I have asked the mods to please lock this thread in the next 24 hours. I'm requesting this because I do not want to prolong any discussions that do not have any place on this board.

This thread was just to update people on Sunni's medical condition as it progressed. Because she has passed away, I feel it is time to shut this discussion down. If you wish to send condolences to Stas or anyone at PBK, please do so. They are very sad right now, as I am also.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:38 AM
For those who cannot get into PBK, the other thread is still open for now, or they can express their condolences re Tumblr. Some mods from the site also come here, though if they do not wish to accept private messages at a certain point, that is their decision, and I believe we should respect that.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:36 AM
That's terrible. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sunni was an amazing person and I was always amazed by the stuff she could do with Sims. I won't say rest in peace, because that's no fun. I hope she's up in heaven with Mootilda playing Sims with no bugs or corruption and with the ability to do anything in it that you want!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:47 AM
My condolences to Stas and all of Sunni's family and friends. Such sad news.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#61 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:04 AM
This is heartbreaking, I'm glad she passed peacefully. Still thinking of Sunni's family and friends, and sending condolences and hugs.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:17 AM
I've been away for a few days and come back to find another member of our Sims 2 family has passed away. Deepest sympathies to all her family and friends.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:39 PM
My condolences to her loved ones.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:43 PM
This is so sad! Although I didn't know Sunni personally, I feel like us Simmers are family. It breaks my heart for her RL family and want to express my condolences. She enriched a lot of our lives through our Simming and she will be remembered by us in this group. I too hope she and Mootilda are in the Great Beyond together with no pain and no worries.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 5:12 PM
I would like to wish the family strength and courage. Life will never be the same, but the memories that you have made will hold you up. Celebrate her life forever, she has brought joy to so many in this community.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM
Been following this thread like a hawk the past couple days. So sorry to hear of Sunni's passing. I hope Stas and her family and friends can find some peace and comfort in the coming days, weeks, months.
Scholar
#67 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 7:15 PM
I didn't know Sunni personally, but I love her creations. Rest in peace.. heaven's gained another angel

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Instructor
#68 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:35 PM
So sorry about Sunni's passing. My condolences have already gone out to Stas and her family, and I'd also like to express my condolences to all who knew Sunni in friendship. I knew her only very slightly, as I am a member of PBK and have my challenges posted over there as well, so had some conversations with her. Very sad day.

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: Time to close
Page 3 of 3