Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:19 PM
Default Forgotten Hotkeys
I have been using a hotkey combination for a long time then I forgot when I stopped playing. It was a hotkey for continuously placing items without having to reselect the item. Do you guys know what it is? Thanks again.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:20 PM
Holding down shift while putting down objects lets you put down multiples, unless you're in a dorm.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Holding down shift while putting down objects lets you put down multiples, unless you're in a dorm.

Well, that was quick. Thank you! I was pressing ctrl instead of shift that is why it wasn't working. Thank you, kind stranger!

Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:55 PM
I learn more about this game everyday.

and Im not even playing right now
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:40 PM
The < and > keys can also be used to rotate. Add "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" to userstartup.cheat and it'll rotate it at 45-degree angles as well, though not all objects work properly - in-ground hot tubs, in particular, suffer from both visual glitching and pathfinding errors. I believe you also need a hack for Sims to be able to watch TV from an angle.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#6 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I believe you also need a hack for Sims to be able to watch TV from an angle.

Correct, here is the mod. very handy.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#7 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:09 PM
about the < and > keys; the keys that would work would be the non-Shift versions of those keys (, and .).

last I checked, Shift does not work with stairs or fireplaces. but it did work with all other object types. that was before getting my most recent packs.
Shift with wall, half-wall, fence; equivalent to "Room" tool.
Shift with floor/wall cover; cover all of respective type in the "enclosed" area.

some of the keyboard shortcuts are mentioned in the Learn to Play section of game.
expansion added shortcuts; those are mentioned in the Prima Guide of the respective expansion.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:30 PM
Strangely enough, there's no mention of that duplication trick. Hmh... some guides need to be updated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 4:34 AM
Do you guys know more tricks that I can use? That would be really helpful.

Link Ninja
#10 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:06 AM
Hey there, I thought of these today you can use. Try pushing 'M' when setting an object on a counter, shelf, or table and it will move it to a different slot position on the surface, if the surface has slots. This works for custom surfaces (tables, counters, side tables, shelves, etc) if they have slots enabled too.

In addition, if you find yourself hanging wall art, try [ and ] to move the wall art higher or lower on the wall. Not all art is enabled for this but most of maxis meshes are.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:06 AM
B can pause a video while it's being taken, I have no idea of its use but it's something I discovered.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:17 AM
When I'm furnishing a lot, I toggle the day/night switch with L so I can check if the lighting from a lamp/light I plan to use is enough and with the appropriate color (white, yellow, colored) for the room/lot.
Link Ninja
#13 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
When I'm furnishing a lot, I toggle the day/night switch with L so I can check if the lighting from a lamp/light I plan to use is enough and with the appropriate color (white, yellow, colored) for the room/lot.

This also works if you are, lets say, in a downtown hood and want it to be day. Press 'L' in hood view too

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:29 AM
A shortcut I discovered that blew me away is the cameras shortcuts, when you are in the cinematic camera (or whatever the Tab button camera is) you can save camera positions with Shift + 4 to 9, or maybe 0, buttons and quickly return to them with the number key. Incredibly useful for screenshots and video making.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
This also works if you are, lets say, in a downtown hood and want it to be day. Press 'L' in hood view too

It's been day in Sirencester (Little Carping's downtown) since 2005. I hated that - can't see anything in the darkness.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
B can pause a video while it's being taken, I have no idea of its use but it's something I discovered.

It basically allows you to do jump cuts without splitting a video into two or more. Very useful If you want to just change a scenery or jump to another camera shot angle with such simplicity change, but you don't have the video editing program for that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:23 PM
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with all of the MTS community. I personally and sincerely thank you as well for giving me useful tips on my gaming. Have a nice day everyone.

Scholar
#18 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM
How do you add cheats to userstartup?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Alchemist
#19 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 12:19 AM
In case anyone needs more shortcuts: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...board_Shortcuts

And I'll add using "P" or "0" to pause live mode and "`" (the accent next to the 1) toggles the cheat box size.

@DezzyBoo, I used these threads to make my userstartup.cheat file:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...erstartup.cheat
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3462

I'll attach mine as an example (and thanks for making me look at it; there's some cheats in there I forgot I had ), but just remember aliases can be as long or as short as you like.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  userStartup.zip (1.0 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#20 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 2:55 AM
Thanks!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:48 PM
Forgotten/Unknown: Q and E ascend/descend the camera respectively. Discovered just now in the game.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Forgotten/Unknown: Q and E ascend/descend the camera respectively. Discovered just now in the game.

And Z and X zoom in and out. And a couple of others (I think it's W and something else) go left and right.

Ctrl+F allows you to place quarter floortiles.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:09 PM
Hitting spacebar changes the selected Sim. The next Sim in line (the one below your current one) becomes selected (I think?). Right-clicking a Sim is also very helpful for that!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:02 PM
Oh, and if you're in camerman mode (tab) and you hit spacebar, it will make a different sim selected without jumping to them (like it does normally), which can be very useful for getting plumbobs out of pictures.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Link Ninja
#25 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:08 PM
In addition, if you don't want plumbobs you can temporarily remove them with 'plumbbobtoggle off' cheat or get the mod by Ja that permanently removes plumbobs from sims and in neighborhood view. File is [JA] No Plumbbobs.rar. However if you want them in hood view but not on sims it's [JA] No Plumbobs - Sims only.rar

Sorry those aren't hotkeys but I thought I would throw related info out there.

Page 1 of 2