Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:05 AM
I'm probably enjoying this thread more than the OP...and I've been playing for what?? 12 years.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
And Z and X zoom in and out. And a couple of others (I think it's W and something else) go left and right.

The plus and minus signs on the numeric keypad (+ and -) are also good for zooming the TAB camera in and out. Moving any camera is done with W,A,S,D (I think these are standard for gaming?) W and S move forward and back. S and D move left and right. I have a gaming keyboard and find it much easier to just use the four arrow keys.

The < and > keys will rotate the ordinary camera (non TAB key). If you're holding an object those keys will rotate the object (or lot if you're holding a lot in neighborhood view).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:25 AM
I just discovered that you can right click on the portrait of a sim to lock on them.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:20 PM
F10 hides the UI. I discovered this by accident in The Sims 3 and was pleasantly surprised to see it had already been in The Sims 2 all along.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
F10 hides the UI. I discovered this by accident in The Sims 3 and was pleasantly surprised to see it had already been in The Sims 2 all along.

It's also handy for those occasionally lots that glitch out when going into the freecamera mode (Tab key). There's one or two lots in the Maxis downtown that send me under the lot.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:04 AM

You can do that by pressing tab too. Thanks for sharing, fellow simmer.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM
Pressing Tab enters cameraman mode, which is different from pressing F10 which just hides the UI. Pressing F10 allows you to continue playing the game as normal, just without a UI, while pressing Tab enters first-person mode and lets you pan the camera around more freely, but you can't issue commands to your Sims or anything.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:32 PM

After almost 15 years, there's still so much I don't know about this game. I freaking love it!
Page 2 of 2