Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:32 AM
To create more crime, I filled the town museum with objects that could be stolen. Bon Voyage stuff (Exotic Curios Department), a display on celebrating gnomes (local traditions) and modded vases from Carrigan's Workshop. (Some PBK items can also be stolen now) I also had a playable detective (custom career) to go out taking pictures for evidence. (To be honest he made more money in his office from the ticket machine) One day he went to the museum, and sure enough, someone stole something. Working out who was last in the area, we accused them and using a Inventory enabler, we checked their pockets. Unfortunately, we got the wrong person, they were totally innocent. Not my detectives fault though, because he was upstairs eating lunch when the crime took place.

Later when playing another family, turned out the £5,000 statute was in the pocket of one of my terrible twins. That shocked me, but since he hadn't got caught I let him keep it. Besides there's no set up for young offenders anywhere in my system. Next time when I play a detective, I'm gonna try to see if I can get him to spread gossip, so people divorce, fight in public and go around stealing newspapers and knocking over bins. This will helpfully provide more customers for the law enforcement industry.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:33 PM
I play a prison in my current Widespot 'hood, though according to the story it's actually located in Bigg City (in game it's actually located in an out-of-the-way area of Widespot where it won't be in the way when I take pictures of the 'hood!).

I use Inge's prison system with a servo as the prison warden. If I make prisons in future 'hoods I would have a servo warden and then several servo prison staff as well, as security isn't too great in my prison! :-D I use most of the prison system set. The prison has two-sim cells, solitary cells (for if a prisoner causes trouble within the prison, by fighting etc, which hasn't happened so far), a shower room, a visiting room, a reception, a canteen, downstairs toilets and a day room, as well as outside space with basketball courts and garden plots. Prisoners have plenty to do, but they mostly sit around watching TV or playing darts or chess. Prisoners can call family or friends twice per day, if they have the want to do so, and they can also send greetings cards using MogHughson's postal system. They can also receive visits on visiting days (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons - which are pretty hectic to play!).

I created the prison when one of my playables, Ida Juana Knowe, was sent to prison for her role in running the Mann criminal enterprise. She was in a relationship with Junior Mann until Junior's death, and continued working in "the business" after that, even after meeting and moving in with a new partner. I use a random number generator and a list of "risks" and consequences to give sims in certain careers a chance of death, disability and time in prison - Ida Juana was sentenced to 12 yeardays in prison, and is currently still there.

I must say, I find playing a prison much more fun when the prisoners have family and/or friends in the community outside the prison. I have three prisoners at the moment, and I started with four - Ida Juana and three CAS-created sims using extracted townies and NPC's (sometimes with altered names). Jessica Edwards (Ebadi; NPC burglar from Pleasantview) serves several days in prison for her third burglary. She has now been released and she and her husband live on the outskirts of Widespot, in a small trailer which is pulled by their car. Vanessa Royce (Belladonna Cove townie criminal) is serving 22 yeardays and just became an elder. I made a CAS-created family for her, so she has two sons and a daughter, her sons have partners and she has four grandchildren. I made them as playables; they live in "Bigg City" at a trailer park. Carla McCullough (Veronaville child townie, aged to adult) has a back-story that she murdered her fiancé when she caught him cheating on her with another student when they were both at college. She also murdered the woman that he cheated on her with. She is serving a life sentence with no chance of parole and has no family or friends outside of prison.
Page 2 of 2