Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spoonie / Chronic Illness Custom Trait

by Subob Posted 20th Jan 2018 at 10:34 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2018 at 8:53 PM by Subob : Added new version

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 8:47 AM
thank you this is just what I needed to make my sim more real
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:05 AM
As someone who received the diagnosis of a chronic neurological ilness this week, this resonates with me! I will absolutely add it to my game, thank you for making it!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:24 PM
Thank you for this trait and especially for posting the link to the Spoon Theory! I never heard of it before but it will help me as I'm dealing with a chronic illness too.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:37 PM
What a great idea. I have never heard of Spoonies. I'm 43 and have very severe Crohn's Disease with a ton of other complications like chronic fatigue. I am housebound now and have been ill since my early 20's. I can understand where you are coming from. Hugs to anyone else who is living with a chronic illness.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xianah
What a great idea. I have never heard of Spoonies. I'm 43 and have very severe Crohn's Disease with a ton of other complications like chronic fatigue. I am housebound now and have been ill since my early 20's. I can understand where you are coming from. Hugs to anyone else who is living with a chronic illness.

I have a friend with Chron's, it can be really difficult to deal with. Sending hugs back!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:13 PM
I think this is awesome! For the past 14 yrs, I've had a type of bacteria infection that has been difficult to get rid. I've been on so many antibiotics (both oral & IV) that it has damaged my kidney function to a 3rd stage (by the way that is improving). But with a serious infection in my left foot, I had 1/2 of my foot amputated, so, doing task around the house is difficult (balancing, bending, etc) - I understand this mod, and it's great to have something like this - thank you.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:55 PM
As a fellow spoonie, this is just what I needed! Great work and thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:01 PM
Thank you. I really appreciate this as a spoonie due to autism and depression.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
Thank you for this. Not only does it add realism to my sims, it also makes it easier for my children and teens to build empathy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:59 AM
Thank you for making this mod! As a spoonie myself it's something I have wanted in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swellesley11
As a fellow spoonie, this is just what I needed! Great work and thank you!

I'm glad you like it! If there's anything I can do to make it more realistic just let me know!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 12:27 AM
I love this idea! I'm so surprised to see it here and it makes me so happy it is!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
As someone who also suffers from chronic illnesses (CRPS, a nerve disease for one), this is something I have been looking for! Thank you so so much!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:29 PM
Thank you so much for this. As a sufferer of chronic fatigue, I appreciate this.
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:33 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your creation with us. I'm a spoonie, and currently unable to work full time due to illness, and the sims has been something that has brought some enjoyment and happiness back into my life, not to mention a community of lovely creative people. This mod is awesome, and its wonderful to see creations like this is the modding community. You totally rock.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:00 AM
Thank you for this mod. Truly it had never occurred to me to try to play a "spoonie Sim," but I'm creating a new household, and this and your fibro trait will add to the game play. @niknack, I agree -- "community of lovely creative people" brings enjoyment and happiness to my life as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 11:01 PM
I really appreciate this mod, I have POTS and EDS and the spoon shortage is REAL. So awesome to be able to play as someone just like me. I honestly love you for this. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:56 AM
I have a chronic pain illness. Thank you for this mod. I may use it sometime, but maybe not often, because Sims is an escape for me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:53 AM
So do i need Cats and Dogs for this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Animefangirl312
So do i need Cats and Dogs for this?

No, it's base game compatible as far as I know. It was just updated to be compatible with cats and dogs
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:24 PM
This for some reason isn't appearing in my game at all. It's one of two traits that aren't there. I installed at the same time as a few others and they're all showing up. Any reason why it might be happening?
Inventor
#23 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:07 AM
Can anyone tell me how to add this trait via the console? I tried enabling testingcheats and then typed "Traits.Equip_Trait Spoonie" but it will not add Spoonie to my sim
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:00 PM
Thank you, and I just want to tell that this Spoonie theory made me actually cry. Just because sometimes I don't have enough spoons because of depression.
Oh, sorry for complaining Thanks anyway
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:38 AM
I have a lot of chronic illnesses and heath issues in general, so having mods like this is game really helps me relate to my sim a lot more. It's a pretty accurate mod tbh. Thanks for making this, much appreciated!
Page 1 of 2