Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Don't Prep Food Where You Angry Poop

by scumbumbo Posted 21st Jan 2018 at 11:11 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2019 at 8:26 AM by scumbumbo : Brazilian Portuguese translation added

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 84 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 6
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:36 PM
I usually limit my counters to the kitchen for this reason, as sims seem to go out of their way to prep food in the most obscure counters in the house-- now I won't have to worry about that! Thank you!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:49 PM
OMG, yes yes!
Thanks!
I suggest and please make similar mod with choose place to eat (table) and do homework (it is annoying when kids do homework in dining room, not in own room at the desk)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:29 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:34 AM
I was literally just thinking about this today as I watched my sim walk from her beautiful kitchen with more than two clean counters free all the way to her laundry room where the laundery is set on the counters and watched her prepare the food in there and promptly leave it there when she served it. I remembered someone asking for it when the sink version came out (which I absolutely can't play without now) I'm still sitting here a bit stunned that this mod now exists, so huge thanks Scumbumbo.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:52 AM
I do not knew that other people were experiencing this issue. This is an amazing mod. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:05 AM
You are the best. Just....the best!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:07 AM
I was hoping you'd do this one after the sink version! Thank-you so so sooo much!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:08 AM
Love the idea and would be fantastic, but when I put this in my game, icemunmun's canning station has route fails (I used the default enabled version)
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:29 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by zaceitorius
Love the idea and would be fantastic, but when I put this in my game, icemunmun's canning station has route fails (I used the default enabled version)

Thanks for the conflict bug report, I'll look into that.

ETA - Testing the fix now
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:14 AM
lol, You actually made it XD Was wondering if you were going to or not when I saw someone ask about it. I think with the latest stuff pack, may need this, I've watched my vampire sim in one save walk from the kitchen, to the second floor to prep as plasma fruit salad in the laundry room. Was wondering if maybe you could make one for stereos too so that we can put them in shops for background music while not having sims dance to it when they should maybe be eating their food at a diner.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:24 AM
Does this effect restaurants?
Deceased
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alfredfjonesworldhero
Does this effect restaurants?

Yes, it should affect food preparation in restaurants as well.
Deceased
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaceitorius

I've updated the script for the mod to support the canning station (you will need to Enable Food Prep on the canning station).

@icemunmun - I did notice that there is a sort of bug with the canning station that can cause issues with preparing some foods, e.g. fish tacos and other recipes that use a frying pan, possibly others. Since it doesn't have all the stove interactions, the canning station can support the initial portion of the stovetop prep of these foods and so the Sim may choose to route to the canning station after counter prep; however, after setting the food down on the canning station the Sim discovers that they cannot perform the next step and so they will pick it up and move to a regular stove. I've observed this behavior of the canning station both with and without this mod installed, it just depends on what stove surface the Sim routes to first.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:59 AM
OH! First time ever in my game yesterday my sim went upstairs...UPSTAIRS...to the bathroom to chop food. I was so pissed. Is this a new glitch? Thanks for the mod!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:37 AM
Thank you a million times over! This has been driving me crazy the last couple of months!
Deceased
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
OH! First time ever in my game yesterday my sim went upstairs...UPSTAIRS...to the bathroom to chop food. I was so pissed. Is this a new glitch? Thanks for the mod!

You're welcome, and thanks back at ya' for stopping by to say thanks!

It's not a new glitch, it's been a "feature" of the game since day one. It sounds like you've just been really lucky that it hadn't occurred for you before. It's been extremely annoying that Sims do that. I actually had a bit of fun in testing to make sure that it really was working by putting a bunch of counters and stoves all over a house, turning on one counter on the second floor and one stove in a basement. I was really happy (for a change) to watch a Sim grab food from the fridge on the ground floor, climb upstairs to prepare the food on the upstairs counter, and finally trudge all the way down to the unlit basement to put the food on the stove.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:15 AM
OMG, thank you! This has been one of my biggest annoyances for forever. Even adding a ton of clutter doesn't seem to stop sims from using some counters, clipping be damned.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:36 PM
More awesomeness? Scumbumbo, you spoil us - you really do.... many thanks!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:46 PM
ty bc seriously they should have made bathroom n kitchen counters a seperate objects so it no what for decor n what for prep.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:09 PM
my sim never went to bathroom to make food lmao
Icy Spicy
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I've updated the script for the mod to support the canning station (you will need to Enable Food Prep on the canning station).

@icemunmun - I did notice that there is a sort of bug with the canning station that can cause issues with preparing some foods, e.g. fish tacos and other recipes that use a frying pan, possibly others. Since it doesn't have all the stove interactions, the canning station can support the initial portion of the stovetop prep of these foods and so the Sim may choose to route to the canning station after counter prep; however, after setting the food down on the canning station the Sim discovers that they cannot perform the next step and so they will pick it up and move to a regular stove. I've observed this behavior of the canning station both with and without this mod installed, it just depends on what stove surface the Sim routes to first.

I have tried to stop this behaviour of the sims sometimes insisting on trying to finish cooking their food on canning station when there is a perfectly good stove beside them . How does the sim decide which stove to route to initially ? is there any way to prevent them from trying to use the canning station for cooking purposes ? ( i have tried a few things but this issue persists :/ )

(P.s. Sorry for accidentally sending you a pm instead of answering here)
Deceased
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
(P.s. Sorry for accidentally sending you a pm instead of answering here)

A PM convo is fine with me, probably best to keep a detailed tech discussion outside of the mod feedback forum.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo

Thanks for the update! This is definitely going to help in my mansion I play a lot in, tons of counters lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:14 AM
you are a savior my sims always walk all the way out to the backyard by the grill to prep their meals and it drives me crazy
Page 1 of 6