Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I tried some X-Men hoods as a kid, but always kinda got frustrated because there isn't really a way to simulate the various mutations, especially not in a way that makes sense and is meaningful in gameplay. If I have mutants around then I'd want stuff like Kitty Pryde being able to walk through walls and Jean being able to levitate herself from the garden up to a balcony and landing on that balcony. Let alone the even flashier mutations like shape shifting.
So those hoods never went very far. And that's the way I kinda feel about any fantasy-heavy franchise in relation to the sims, there's just no way to simulate it within the game to a degree that is satisfactory to me, personally.

Just a side note: I would use a mod (there is one) that would turn Kitty Pryde into a playable ghost and thus allow her to phase obstacles. Back to my previous, yeah I just don't see the point of recreating like these stuff because as you worded it better words that I bolded in your quote. If only there were mods or when I create that enforce magic/powers on sims, or even better - allow them to duke it out in epic battles but unfortunately TS2 (or even other Sims games too) isn't the game for that as it lacks with supernatural-ish combat mechanics/systems. Could imagine how cool it would been If there was an expansion at the end of the era, like Makin' Magic was, where it premise was on superpowers and dynamic options to customize them however you like.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 9:33 PM
A Twin Peaks neighborhood would be great!! I think I once tried to make a black lodge of sorts with some red curtain wallpaper, a custom picture of Laura's homecoming photo, and around 20 coffee makers or so.
Scholar
#28 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 9:59 PM
whats twin peaks?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
whats twin peaks?

A very surreal supernatural drama series from the 90s that recently got continued. Kind of like X-Files but based on the weird inhabitants of a town in the Pacific North-West.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Back to my previous, yeah I just don't see the point of recreating like these stuff because as you worded it better words that I bolded in your quote. If only there were mods or when I create that enforce magic/powers on sims, or even better - allow them to duke it out in epic battles but unfortunately TS2 (or even other Sims games too) isn't the game for that as it lacks with supernatural-ish combat mechanics/systems. Could imagine how cool it would been If there was an expansion at the end of the era, like Makin' Magic was, where it premise was on superpowers and dynamic options to customize them however you like.

Yeah I agree fully, it's also why I hardly play the supernaturals that are in the game. And I would have loved a superheor/villaibn expansions, definitely! Or even a second Makin' Magic. I would have even been fine with most super hero adventures being choose your own adventure texts, as long as the powers were integrated into the gameplay right (controlling water to douse fires and get rid of puddles, Sims with claws using them to prepare food instead of knives etc.)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#30 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:39 AM
Funny, years ago we actually did make an Archie hood. My daughter and I, I mean, but it was for Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:56 PM
My first custom neighbourhood was Black Mesa, named after the Black Mesa Research Facility. It was a desert terrain in I think the Viper Canyon map. I had a bunch of Half-Life and Portal characters in it. The latter was weird because I was trying to make a bunch of robotic characters as Sims (and I only had Double Deluxe, so no servos). I later added some of my own Sims too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:23 AM
A fandom hood sounds really fun but also like a lot of work. I've been contemplating an '80s mashup hood with various characters and musicians from that era but that's a bit different.

Although now that I think about it, while I like the idea of a Harry Potter hood, the Fantastic Beasts spin-off actually has more appeal to me in terms of atmosphere because then I'd have wizardry and all the trappings of the '20s. And then I could have, say... vampiric flappers in late night wizarding jazz clubs. And apparently the series will eventually reach the '40s which opens up even more possibilities, although it'll be years until we reach that point in the series. At any rate, I kind of like the concept...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:12 AM
My fandom hoods are always just a mix of every fandom I'm in... there's no cohesion at all

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Mad Poster
#34 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:21 AM
I don't do fandom 'hoods, because they're not really my thing, but I strongly suspect that a lot of the clothes my Sims wear, to say nothing of their hairstyles, have their origins in fandom, anime and suchlike. But in my game I say they're creations of the daring fashion designers of Veronaville.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:19 AM
I use different fandoms as inspiration, mainly names.
My neighborhood is named Fondation and one of my sim is Harry (Hari) Seldon. He's a regular sim, I just borrowed the name.
One of the only building I created is a dorm named Hogwarts . Its exterior walls are stones but it's not shaped as a castle and there are computers and TVs inside!
The first 4 students in this dorm were Godric, Helga, Rowena and Salazar. They were created as YA and all became witches and wizards.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#36 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
As difficult as it is to even find Whaler outfits from Dishonored 1, (and don't get me started on my frustration on trying to find CC even remotely close to Billie Lurk's prosthetic eye and arm from Dishonored Death of the Outsider) I very much doubt I would be able to make the Dishonored based hood I've thought about from time to time.

Now, that would be a project. I've been playing Dishonored (both versions and all dlc) a lot recently. D2 is really good isn't it?

Also a Fallout hood. I love F4.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#37 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Now, that would be a project. I've been playing Dishonored (both versions and all dlc) a lot recently. D2 is really good isn't it?

Since Dishonored 2 runs like crap for me (we're talking single digit FPS sometimes here), its my least favorite of the series. I prefer the Dishonored 1 DLCs (I personally think Daud is more interesting as a playable character than Corvo, even if he is voiced in Dishonored 2) and Death of the Outsider.

I've vaguely played with the idea of making a Dunwall type neighborhood with Karnaca as a subhood, but as I mentioned before trying to find the CC to make the Sims look like they belong in Dunwall is a pain. That is not even considering how to give Sims like Daud, Corvo, Granny Rags etc, their Void powers and make the game play significantly different than a Sim that doesn't have the Outsider's mark.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#38 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:29 AM
You need a better machine - I have to say I agree with PC Gamer who said they didn't think it was possible for Arkane to improve on Dishonored but they did. It really is good and I loved playing Emily though I had a Corvo run through for old times sake. Ah well, one for the future maybe - it's a cheaper way to do it anyway. You know there's a whole Billy Lurk dlc for D2? (Sorry, I'll shut up now).

I just finished a playthrough of The Knife of Dunwall and the Brigmore Witches dlc. Very good I agree. What you need partly is grubby Edwardian or Victorian style clothes for the men and maybe steam-punkish stuff for the women.

Also Whales.

And what to do about the hounds?

And masks.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#39 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:20 PM
This may fall into the "be careful what you wish for" category, but I do think it might be cool to have a whole game based on a premise similar to Stilton's mansion (hopefully one that would run with more than single digit FPS. The Clockwork Mansion, Stilton's Mansion, and the Conservatory are where my game really gets into the single digit FPS realm.)

I'm a novice builder at best in Sims 2, and there is no way I would be able to replicate what makes the Clockwork Mansion and Stilton's house unique. There are a lot of things that make the Dishonored series unique to itself that are difficult, if not impossible to simulate in the Sims 2 (Void powers, the Whales, Whale Oil, the Void, the hounds, etc).
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dairyprince
A Twin Peaks neighborhood would be great!! I think I once tried to make a black lodge of sorts with some red curtain wallpaper, a custom picture of Laura's homecoming photo, and around 20 coffee makers or so.

The Black Lodge is technically very easy to make, but where to place it in order to avoid Goopy and other normal sims from visiting it? (Although, Goopy might actually be some nightmare from the Lodge). Creating the Lodge as a vacation location with custom made sims could be a good solution, and adding an aggressive vampire Bob would add some extra flavour.

Furthermore, for Twin Peaks theme there is a great selection of soundtrack music available. Four soundtrack CD's to start with and the complete score (of about 200 extra tracks) is rumored to be around there somewhere, legally.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AM_Ilmeinen
but where to place it in order to avoid Goopy and other normal sims from visiting it?

Avoiding Goopy is quite easy if you use empty templates.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:16 PM
Recently I have been feeling the urge to make Greendale. I think that the range of characters/families would be fun to play, the village and the surrounding area feature a range of community lots, including some owned businesses and a primary school, and Greendale is set in the Lake District, which is a lovely area and one which I would enjoy replicating in my game.

Greendale, for those of you who aren't familiar with it, is the home of Postman Pat! I honestly don't know why I am so keen to play a Postman Pat-inspired 'hood, but I've started planning it and everything! :-D
Mad Poster
#43 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:25 PM
Oh my...in french he is Pierre Martin (le facteur...et le chat son copain..🎶 )
I loved it....

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I honestly don't know why I am so keen to play a Postman Pat-inspired 'hood, but I've started planning it and everything! :-D

Make sure you give Ted Glen a nice house, he's my favourite :lovestruc
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Avoiding Goopy is quite easy if you use empty templates.

Yes, I know but Goopy also is a good nightmare sim.
Instructor
#46 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
goddamn it rebecca sugar ;-;

I actually would like to make a maybe...humanized SU universe? That'd be cool! :D

Maybe just starting with building the 'hood without the temple and see how it goes from there. It sounds like a fun project, actually.

Also, a Twin Peaks 'hood would definitely be cool.
Scholar
#47 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM
maybe a peppa pig hood?...i'm trying this now

or even a spongebob hood,although i'd need to find stuff such as yellow,grey pink skintones

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Page 2 of 2