Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 10:41 PM
Rigging hair animation
So I've been at this for quite some time looking at different tutorials and what not telling me to try different things but it seems nothing works. So I'm asking anyone who has ever rigged hair successfully before to help me out a bit. I'll provide more details when I have the time. I'm currently in a hurry so I'll be sure to update this within the next few days.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:12 AM
I haven't rigged hair - but I've done bone assignments for other body parts, and it's pretty much the same method.

I do advice you to find an animated hair in roughly the same shape/size as the one you're rigging, and study how the bone assignments are done. Do roughly the same outlay, and you should be good to go. There's front/back/left/right bones in addition to head and neck, and they should be assigned to the proper sides, and you may have to do a bit of blending. For longer hairs you might have to also use the spine bones or other bones if the hair goes over the shoulders in front, or down the back.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:55 PM Last edited by carrit : 8th Feb 2018 at 2:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I haven't rigged hair - but I've done bone assignments for other body parts, and it's pretty much the same method.

I do advice you to find an animated hair in roughly the same shape/size as the one you're rigging, and study how the bone assignments are done. Do roughly the same outlay, and you should be good to go. There's front/back/left/right bones in addition to head and neck, and they should be assigned to the proper sides, and you may have to do a bit of blending. For longer hairs you might have to also use the spine bones or other bones if the hair goes over the shoulders in front, or down the back.

Thanks! I was finally able to finish one hair now all I need is to find someone to do textures...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
Thanks! I was finally able to finish one hair now all I need is to find someone to do textures...

over here! i can handle it!
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:14 PM
Default How to download this Oldie's hair?
How to download this Oldie's hair and the man has beta hair?. I can't find download ?
Screenshots
Attached Images