Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Sofa Bed and Chair Bed - IKEA EKTORP

by Lamare Posted 11th Feb 2018 at 1:24 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2021 at 12:30 PM by Lamare

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:14 PM
I am so glad this is up for downloading. This is such a good alternative for the murphy bed (and less lethal). Thank you for all the great work!
And I love it being remote. It sounds advanced. Many things in TS2 are not advanced (cellphones eg) as in like TS4 because TS2 is an older game. So I am glad this looks a bit advanced as it is remote.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:26 PM
heroes don't always wear capes Lamare =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:36 PM
Brilliant idea!! Love this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 3:28 PM
These are awesome! Thank you for creating and sharing them. They will definitely be used on a regular basis in my game! :-)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 5:56 PM
My sims in tiny houses will love these, thank you!! (:
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:03 PM
Wonderfull ! Exactly what I wanted to do since I saw those sofa-bed mesh ! I tried, suffered and failed. Happy you've been luckier. Thanks !!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:22 PM
Quote:
Also: @grinevilly who talked me into making it remote controlled (happy? ),

OMIGOSH!!! Yes! You have NO idea how happy!! I've been dying for these to be ready! I can't wipe the smile off my face, i'm so excited to play them! I've been working on creating a new custom fraternity for Sims State University. The house is ready to go, but I was waiting for the sofa bed, to move them in! I can't wait to see them in game!

2018 has been a mess from the get-go... This is the BEST thing that's happen all year! Thanks Lamare! Still grinning from ear to ear! thankyouthankyouthankyou!

-gE
>=)
just a girl
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:50 PM
Thank you guys Some of you have been encouraging me since as far as the start of this project. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

ankoyume, wish you luck with your mattresses (yes, I remember)

grinevilly, you got me thinking. I should test what would happen if someone exports a lot built with one of these. I guess these objects would have to be downloaded separately.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:06 PM
Wow your on a roll! Thank you for these. Something I didn't know I needed until I saw it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:00 PM
This is awesome ... I have a sofa bed in-game but this is so much better and realistic (it fits over the coffee table ... absolutely amazing!). The fact that you were able to do this is just impressive. Thank you so much! This is going in my game immediately.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:16 PM
You did the impossible. I'd heard a couple of rumors someone was trying to do this. Didn't know it was being worked on.
Great job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:53 PM
Great idea, thank you
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:30 AM
This looks amazing, Lamare! Thanks for sharing. :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:52 PM
Wow Lamare, this is so awesome. I am so happy you made a single bed also. Now some of those tiny little lots will be playable. I hate Simmies to be cramped. lol Thanks again!
Instructor
#17 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM
Awesome
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:54 PM
I've been WAITING for this for so long!!!!!!Thank you
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:00 PM
Used it yesterday for the first time! Works like a charm! My simmies really, really needed it.

What are the odds of making it for other sofas? (don't scream, just asking)

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
just a girl
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
What are the odds of making it for other sofas? (don't scream, just asking)

I don't know. I might get inspired any time, but no plans yet.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
I'm happy you finished this. Been awaiting it's arrival. That striped one looks just like where I slept during newlywed spats.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:14 PM
Super cool Thanks, I love the functionality of it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM
wow!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I am so glad this is up for downloading. This is such a good alternative for the murphy bed (and less lethal).

Just so you'll know, gummilutt made a "no death by murphy bed" mod.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=571207
Mad Poster
#25 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I don't know. I might get inspired any time, but no plans yet.

That's quite all right. I don't know what I was thinking, anyway. I guess I was thinking of some kind of global mod.

But, this is perfect as it is. You do so much for us (got a married, expectant couple in college right now ). I can't tell you how much you have enriched the lives of my pixels, and mine.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 1 of 4