Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Artistic Trait

by Twilightsims Posted 18th Feb 2018 at 1:47 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2018 at 8:51 PM by Twilightsims

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:20 PM
I'll be using this one a lot. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:13 PM
Thanks so much! Love that you are creating new traits. I like to have a variety in my game.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:45 PM
thank you
Theorist
#5 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
Can I get an in depth explanation of how this is different than the base game creative trait? I'm very confused.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Can I get an in depth explanation of how this is different than the base game creative trait? I'm very confused.

It's similar to the Creative trait but it is similar to the Artistic Trait from the Sims 3. Compared to the creative trait;
~ This one gives you buffs depending on which action you're performing (painting, writing or playing an instrument), rather than a generic "feeling inspired" buff
~ Sims gain Career Performance faster if they work in the painter, entertainer or writer career
~ The Painting, Writing and All Instrument Skills Increase Faster
~ Sims gain Fun faster than normal

I hope that clears it up a bit for you

Twilightsims
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:55 PM
One of my most used traits in Sims 3, thank you for finally bringing it to S4 :)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:30 PM
Always glad to see an active creator!
Someone on our Discord reported this trait broken with this LE:
Anyone noticed this so far? https://pastebin.com/YMAuTbex
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nies
Always glad to see an active creator!
Someone on our Discord reported this trait broken with this LE:
Anyone noticed this so far? https://pastebin.com/YMAuTbex

I’ll look into it!

Twilightsims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:25 PM
I love this trait, thank you for updating it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FloridaDude1964
Notification Wall at start of game states "Last Exception Caught by MCCC" (orange box).

Have you tried removing/redownloading it? It should work fine with the latest update!

Twilightsims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FloridaDude1964
After installing Version 1, I'm still getting last exception script error (orange box) message
Then, after installing Version 2, I'm still getting message

Ive created a thread on forums to see if anyone knows why this is happening, it seems the same thing is happening to others who make traits and cant fix it as they aren’t getting the error, ill let you know if I find anything!

Twilightsims
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:19 AM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McgooDavey
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qa8zgn6m...Artist.txt?dl=0 (wickedwhims LE)

It may be conflicting with Whicked Whims and the MCCC as I use neither of these and I don’t get any LE errors.

Twilightsims
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoBananas
It may be conflicting with Whicked Whims and the MCCC as I use neither of these and I don’t get any LE errors.

So let me make sure I am understanding what you're telling me, 2 of your traits are sending out LE's with 2 completely different programs (Deaderpool, MC Command) (Turbodriver, WickedWhims) each trait being testing separately with each program, also done separately, but it's those mods causing it and not your 2 traits, because you're not getting LE notifications even though there's more then just 1 person telling you that it's sending LE's, yes?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:52 PM Last edited by GoBananas : 15th Mar 2018 at 2:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by McgooDavey
So let me make sure I am understanding what you're telling me, 2 of your traits are sending out LE's with 2 completely different programs (Deaderpool, MC Command) (Turbodriver, WickedWhims) each trait being testing separately with each program, also done separately, but it's those mods causing it and not your 2 traits, because you're not getting LE notifications even though there's more then just 1 person telling you that it's sending LE's, yes?

As I have said I don't use any of those mods and I don't get any last Exception errors so it's hard for me to fix it when i don't get the problem, the 3 people who have said they are getting last Exception errors are either using MCCC or Whicked whims so there is clearly a conflict, I don't know what's causing it which is why I am looking into it to try and find out why.

Twilightsims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:03 AM
I also get the error. (=> the sims 4 dutch version)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MisterTke
I also get the error. (=> the sims 4 dutch version)

For some reason with Whicked Whims it causes a last Exception error.

Twilightsims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 6:32 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 7:45 PM
I just downloaded all your traits this month and started playing finally. Unfortunately I was getting constant last exception errors from MC command. I pulled out my folder containing all your traits I had installed and the errors stopped. I really wanted to use your traits, especially the artistic and party animal trait. I do not use Wicked Whims. Thanks for everything.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by myaasim
I just downloaded all your traits this month and started playing finally. Unfortunately I was getting constant last exception errors from MC command. I pulled out my folder containing all your traits I had installed and the errors stopped. I really wanted to use your traits, especially the artistic and party animal trait. I do not use Wicked Whims. Thanks for everything.

Hi! Sorry to hear this, I know this trait in particular has given people a hard time with le’s, which I have mostly tried to fix. Could you send me the le error report so I can take a look? Thanks

Twilightsims
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#22 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 12:26 AM
Any of these tested with the newest patch? (The get famous one)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 10:24 AM
TY!